Kyle Pitts: Draft the Beast!

11 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I wouldn't label him a traditional TE. More so an H- back/receiver.

He's 6'6, 239 lbs, Claybool is 6'4, 238 lbs. So Pitts is definitely leaner and quicker. Yes Pitts has a couple more months to display what weight he wants to be listed as. But going from what we know, we have to tag him as a receiver at 239. From a size stand point, that definitely sits on tier with Megatron. I see Pitts running near 4.49 however.

Good post. The combine will be huge for him. If he has one of those performances like a DKMetcalf then I can see that catapulting him into the conversation in the top 5, he’s already being talked about as a top 10 pick. 
He’s not just quick but shifty and appears to have excellent hands, I’m just not sure he’s a TE at all

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The Jets should never ever take a te in Rd 1 again 

EVER 

you know you are getting old when you've lived long enough to see the jets fans ask for a TE in the first round after everything this franchise went through with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Are most willing to trade up to obtain him? If so, how high would are you willing to sacrifice to move up from the Seattle pick? Top 10, 15?

I don't think he'll still be on the board at 10 but if he is, it's definitely a discussion that needs to be had. If we're talking 5 years down the road he's the best player at his position it wouldn't surprise me.

We have 2 TE's who have played well when they were actually targeted or thrown too on a regular basis. Both of these guys are capable (Griffin or Herndon) of turning it around quickly if they have a competent OC and a QB that can see them when they are running wide open. Since both of these guys flashed pretty good talent I don't think they are both going to sh*t the bed for their careers especially since they will both be playing for their all Important second contract. I say steer clear of the TE position since we have what might be 2 good ones and focus on the WR and RB positions to make our Offense dynamic.

Again, despite what many here believe we already have a stud TE, his name is Chris Herndon. He spent most of this year blocking instead of being involved in the passing game.
Yes, he has had some awful moments this year as well, but he still is the real deal.
As with Sam, it’s my belief that coaching has played a big part of his down year. The last few games you all saw what Canes fans saw for 4 years.
Before we start throwing out our talent with the bath water, let’s see them with a full offseason program and full Training Camp under a new coaching staff and find out if he is beast or bust

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

That is what I would do.  

I like Freiermuth. He's highly regarded more so for what he was projected to do more so for what he's done. Unfortunately he didn't get to showcast that this season due to INJ as he was suppose to display he's more than just a redzone threat. Even the games he did play he was sort of sloppy. With that said he's a true TE unlike Pitts. Even in the breakdown video I shared above you can see that Pitts is lined up wide while the TE2 is inlined with lineman.

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We have 2 TE's who have played well when they were actually targeted or thrown too on a regular basis. Both of these guys are capable (Griffin or Herndon) of turning it around quickly if they have a competent OC and a QB that can see them when they are running wide open. Since both of these guys flashed pretty good talent I don't think they are both going to sh*t the bed for their careers especially since they will both be playing for their all Important second contract. I say steer clear of the TE position since we have what might be 2 good ones and focus on the WR and RB positions to make our Offense dynamic.

Those two guys are capable of being reserves from what they've displayed. Griffin is turning 31 in a couple of days and Hern has been a disappointment. With that said Pitts is a receiver not a traditional TE. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I like Freiermuth. He's highly regarded more so for what he was projected to do more so for what he's done. Unfortunately he didn't get to showcast that this season due to INJ as he was suppose to display he's more than just a redzone threat. Even the games he did play he was sort of sloppy. With that said he's a true TE unlike Pitts. Even in the breakdown video I shared above you can see that Pitts is lined up wide while the TE2 is inlined with lineman.

Those two guys are capable of being reserves from what they've displayed. Griffin is turning 31 in a couple of days and Hern has been a disappointment. With that said Pitts is a receiver not a traditional TE. 

I had no idea Griffin was that old thought he was much younger