Grade the Potential Hire - Eric Bieniemy

Eric Bieniemy  

157 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets hire Eric Bieniemy, I would give it a grade of......

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D+
    • D
    • F
    • F-

Solid B 

He’s in my group of 6 

My belief is it’s about Fields

Who are any of these coaches without a franchise QB? 
Miami was a mirage this year! 

56 points to backups, lol. 
The NFL overall was a joke this year! Just too many bad teams. I mean the Pats sucked & beat the Chargers 45-0! 
You have a 7-9 division Champ! ?

This is a bad overall year with no camp & the established teams are just coasting. For every team that had a lot of changes it was like it never even happened. 

• Upvote 2

I like that you’ve got the folks who don’t want another coordinator and the folks who don’t like that he’s not really a coordinator.

I have no real clue but if he’d put together a competent staff and be a leader I’m fine with it.

• Upvote 1

All of his off the field trouble that keep being mentioned happed in the mid 90's that I can find and hasn't had an issue since.    I would call that a non-issue, but maybe I am missing something.   He has only been a RBs coach and OC.   I want to know how much input he had in identifying Mahomes and the other talent on KC.    Quotes of players saying he taught them to be a better person and a is a motivator.   That reeks of Herman Edwards.

I'm not high on him and gave him a D+ fully aware I only spent the amount of time to look at his history on wikipedia

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Telling Biennemy the only way your hired is if you bring along copies of Andy Reed's play sheet for the last 3 years!!

Build A Bear Printer GIF by Build-A-Bear Workshop

This reminds me of something.  Just out of high school I worked in an office equipment place.  A smarmy chinese guy (think of the soup nazi) used to come in and then insist that we do his photo copying for him and he would come back later and get it.  (This was well before this might be considered the norm).  He owned a restaurant and had these secret ancient recipes handed down from his great grama so when I was running off his 10 copies of each I ran 11 and then kept one bunch of recipes for myself.

• Haha 3

I have no idea who will or will not make a good HC.  Just becasue a guy has been a successful coordinator does not mean he will be a good head coach.  Similarly a good college coach may or may not make a good NFL HC.  As far as Bienemy goes, the only cause for concern that I have is that it seems like his name is thrown out each of the past two or three years, and he gets multiple interviews , but has never been offered a job.  There has to be a reason.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

per Mahomes:

“First off, he taught me how to become a better person, which I think is more important anything. How to hold other people accountable, how to be the leader in the locker room and I think that’s super important for (any) quarterback. And then on the field, he’s taught me a ton about protection, he’s taught me a ton about how to go about my business of taking the deep shot when it’s there and taking the check down and moving the chains and doing things like that. And someone who’s very involved in a game planning and calling the plays every single week, and he understands how the quarterback thinks and what we need to do to have success in the field, and I think that’s super important as a guy going into (a new job with) whatever quarterback that is.

seems like an A to me. I dont get the hate on this pick. Well not hate but relative to the Jets its an A pick all day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This reminds me of something.  Just out of high school I worked in an office equipment place.  A smarmy chinese guy (think of the soup nazi) used to come in and then insist that we do his photo copying for him and he would come back later and get it.  (This was well before this might be considered the norm).  He owned a restaurant and had these secret ancient recipes handed down from his great grama so when I was running off his 10 copies of each I ran 11 and then kept one bunch of recipes for myself.

And? 

• Upvote 1

I’d give the hire a C+ because he hasn’t done anything to prove he can be a good coordinator let alone a good head coach. I’m not saying he’d be bad by any means he’s just completely unproven is all. We all know Andy Reid does the play calling there and Mike Kafka was the one who developed Mahomes. So, this hire would worry me, but I guess he couldn’t be worse than Gase, so there’s that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Surely seems like a candidate that would have a much better chance of success in a smaller market city.  He does not come acrosss a the guy to lead this sh*t franchise to the promised land.  I wish him success but I just don't see him as a fit with us and the NY media

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

He got a DUI 20 years ago. You want to nail him to the cross for that too? This is America, he paid his dues and got a second chance. 

I absolutely believe  in second chances and even third  chances. I also didn't list the details of his past as you did, I don't think those should be shared, anyone can look them up.

I'm not criticizing him in any way as a person, this discussion is about filling a very demanding, difficult position as head coach of an NFL franchise. The individual selected is just not in charge of x's and O's, he's the face of the franchise responsible for interacting with not just players but with media, fans and a network of NFL executives. An individual with MULTIPLE incidents in his past represents an unacceptable risk as a candidate for such a position IMO, not to mention that he lacks experience as a coordinator or head coach. I respect your opinion lets see what happens.

58 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have no idea who will or will not make a good HC.  Just becasue a guy has been a successful coordinator does not mean he will be a good head coach.  Similarly a good college coach may or may not make a good NFL HC.  As far as Bienemy goes, the only cause for concern that I have is that it seems like his name is thrown out each of the past two or three years, and he gets multiple interviews , but has never been offered a job.  There has to be a reason.

dating breath GIF by SoulPancake

Not a fan, seems like he would have been hired already if he was impressive in any of the interviews he's had. Couple bad issues off the field, never led a team/program, and doesn't call plays at KC. Throw in Kefka as the QB coach in KC, what does he do besides coordinate the run game?

Reeks of pre-JD Jets kind of thinking, so I don't think it will happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1