Who’s the 1st team to inquire about Darnold?

Jetster

This I’d love to know as we get closer to JD figuring out what he & the new Head Coach want to to. Someone definitely will! I think there will be a few teams & that increases the pressure to put on a full court press so as to try to work out a deal with Douglas. 
The next 4 months are gonna be pretty wild. 

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This I’d love to know as we get closer to JD figuring out what he & the new Head Coach want to to. Someone definitely will! I think there will be a few teams & that increases the pressure to put on a full court press so as to try to work out a deal with Douglas. 
The next 4 months are gonna be pretty wild. 

Of course some teams will inquire.  I just don't think ANYONE will get into any kind of a bidding war for him.

Suspect he'll be traded draft night for a mid round pick, that upgrades if he starts X amount of games.

In all honesty I think it's possibe the Jets draft a QB at 2, and Sam is still on the team next year.  Douglas might put a price on Sam, like he did with Adams, if nobody meets it.  He plays for the Jets.

As much as I want a QB at 2, I'm good with this.   If the Jets draft Wilson/Fields IMO they will be well served to sit for some time.  IMO both will benefit 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Colts Niners WFT maybe Steelers should all be interested I’d think. Washington could make the most sense honestly. Their defense is really good, they’re just a QB away from be a contender 

And what’s Darnold have to do with that?

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

According to some on here and the experts around the NFL , they'll be filling up JD's voicemail in about 5 minutes with all the teams willing to trade for him ?

dont forget the #1 and #2 draft picks they will be offering him.... LMFAO

• Haha 1

I think the Colts and 49ers are the obvious choices, as both might be looking for a younger QB that might have potential, but the right one won't drop to them in the draft.  

I'm going to go with Lions as the dark horse.  Stafford has a 33 million hit on a team that should be rebuilding.  With their cap, it would be hard to fit in Galloday, at which point that's a complete rebuild.  I think they trade Stafford (yes, some dead money) to a team like the Colts who can afford him, and then sign up for Darnold.  

Anyway, who knows, just a guess.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Saints have this weird love affair with Hill, Payton must think he's secretly the next coming of Steve Young.

WFT needs a QB.

Yea I think Washington and San Fran make the most sense. I get a feeling the Colts make a move for Carson Wentz with the Reich connection. I'd love to trade Sam for Lattimore or Ramczyk straight up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I see a lot of people always mention the 49ers but I really don't get that one. Their backup QBs look at least as good as Darnold and they're moving on from an injury prone QB so they won't be trading for another one, especially Darnold. Jimmy G at least had some really good games before they traded for him. 

With that said, the Steelers, maybe the Colts. Wildcard might be the Buccs, but either way I don't really see Darnold as a penciled in starter anywhere in the league. Backup for sure, maybe compete for a starting shot, but he is on the Sanchez path at this point.