Who’s the 1st team to inquire about Darnold?

Jetster

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

According to some on here and the experts around the NFL , they'll be filling up JD's voicemail in about 5 minutes with all the teams willing to trade for him ?

good they can all have him so he can miss wide open receivers all over the field just like he did here

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This I’d love to know as we get closer to JD figuring out what he & the new Head Coach want to to. Someone definitely will! I think there will be a few teams & that increases the pressure to put on a full court press so as to try to work out a deal with Douglas. 
The next 4 months are gonna be pretty wild. 

It is going to be more of a long term marketing campaign.  You need 3 to 5 outreach attempts before you get a response.

1. Email campaign:  Exciting new QB option for '21

2. 2nd email: Do you have 5 minutes to chat about your future QB

3. Webinar

4. Follow up phone calls

5. Physically mail a brochure

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I would feel sorry for the fanbase of any team that signs Sam as their starter.  

I don't want him here anymore but you saw how Mayfield looked when his WRs were out. Darnold does have excuses, its 50/50 on whether or not he can turn his career around somewhere else. I think he'd have a chance in Indy, 49ers, teams built on both sides of the ball with good Head Coaches.

• Upvote 1

I’m old enough to remember when two teams passed on Darnold for Baker Mayfield and a running back, and a third team opted to roll with Jacoby Brissett at QB and effectively traded Darnold to the Jets for three second rounders. Teams knew what Darnold was. They know now.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m old enough to remember when two teams passed on Darnold for Baker Mayfield and a running back, and a third team opted to roll with Jacoby Brissett at QB and effectively traded Darnold to the Jets for three second rounders. Teams knew what Darnold was. They know now.

Luck hadn’t retired by then

And the browns GM is unemployed and if the giants weren’t trying to out dysfunctional the Jets so would Gettlemen

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I would feel sorry for the fanbase of any team that signs Sam as their starter.  

I think he'll need to follow the Tannehill track to starter. Hope for an injury or ineffective starter.

This is a primary reason for my belief we will not be getting a 1st or 2nd for him. Even a 3rd seems like a stretch unless we give some later picks back in the deal.

Also, he has only one-year left on his deal. Making it a short-term rental.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, jgb said:

I think he'll need to follow the Tannehill track to starter. Hope for an injury or ineffective starter.

This is a primary reason for my belief we will not be getting a 1st or 2nd for him. Even a 3rd seems like a stretch unless we give some later picks back in the deal.

Also, he has only one-year left on his deal. Making it a short-term rental.

Well no better time to trade Sam then an offseason where we won’t get diddly squat for him?

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Well no better time to trade Sam then an offseason where we won’t get diddly squat for him?

Actually this is a great year to trade him. There are A LOT of aging (expensive) QBs in this league, Drew Brees, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Stafford, and banged up like Garapolo & Prescott. All of which have much better rosters than the Jets except Detroit.