Knicks with an 18 point come from behind comeback win!!!

This one was thread creation worthy. 

Wow. Just wow!

Yes, we just came back from 15 against Atlanta but this one was different. This was one of the greatest come from behind NY wins I've ever witnessed; because if we failed to secure the comeback win it would've been heartbreaking but this one? This one feels special!

I can't believe what I just watched. From down 18 towards the end of the 2nd Quarter and to win by 12 points (another 4th Q win)? That's a freaking 30 point turnaround of a difference!

I'm so super pumped right now because Tom Thibs had us playing like rabid DOGS tonight and during our 18 point comeback you could feel the momentum. You could see the energy as the Knicks cams roaring back. And while doing so you could just SEE the Jazz becoming mentally broken it was a thing of beauty. 

Too many players to name. This was a complete team victory. 

Go NY go NY goooo we're BACCCCKKKKKK!!

• Haha 1

Enjoy this one! The season’s young and there will be valleys along the way. I’m happy for the fans and especially for the players. Very good win that Thibs (the ultimate motivator)can use during the challenging times. This is a win playoff caliber teams execute. Halftime adjustments, bearing down on D and grinding. We could look back in 40 games or so and say this is when we began to believe!

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Enjoy this one! The season’s young and there will be valleys along the way. I’m happy for the fans and especially for the players. Very good win that Thibs (the ultimate motivator)can use during the challenging times. This is a win playoff caliber teams execute. Halftime adjustments, bearing down on D and grinding. We could look back in 40 games or so and say this is when we began to believe!

I've believed since before game one man just looking at a roster as young and talented as ours but with THIBS as head coach had me believing enough to the point of creating a Knicks thread on opening night (something I've never done here on JN). 

But yes. Tonight is when I actually realized we're for real under coach Thibs. Last game against ATL too. From down 15 against ATL? From down 18 against Utah? And we won them both? This NY team is just, DIFFERENT. 

Getting our first win against MILWAUKEE we just knew something was different man. 

And yes I agree. For being so young (3rd youngest team) there will be some valleys along the way but wins like these build momentum, energy, confidence and BELIEF; I'm enjoying this one my dude!

I was pissed when I noticed we were 7.5 underdogs heading into tonight's game despite being the home team; it was Vegas disrespect but they won't be disrespecting us for long. 

The only big concern right now is the minutes.  Randle and Mitch can't keep this pace up.  He's got to work some more minutes into the rotation somewhere else.  I assume when Obi comes back, that will resolve it for both of them, but in the meantime, it's got to be grueling for the big guys.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

The only big concern right now is the minutes.  Randle and Mitch can't keep this pace up.  He's got to work some more minutes into the rotation somewhere else.  I assume when Obi comes back, that will resolve it for both of them, but in the meantime, it's got to be grueling for the big guys.

I think Obi coming back from the calf will ease the minutes on those 2 like you say

Thibs loves 8 man rotations just like Jeff did.  It gives players a chance to develop a rhythm especially on offense which may be part of why the shooting is so much better this year with essentially the same players

On 1/7/2021 at 12:45 AM, nycdan said:

True and RJ Barrett leads the entire league in minutes per game. 

But yeah these kids are really young I'm pretty sure Thibs will start giving them rest games moving forward etc 

• 4 months later...