Todd McShays latest mock is out, Fields to New England!

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, section314 said:

He must have changed his ratings then within the last week. There was a download of the Rich Eisen show from last week where he said Slater was his #1. Only 4 more mos of this.?

It doesn't even make sense to read/react to mocks until the end of March/early April.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

what a waste of draft resources to use 2 consecutive top 10 picks on tackles with so many other glaring needs including qb.

i tend to agree especially since when contract time comes around both will be vying for left tackle pay even one will be left and one right.

• Sympathy 1

I am convinced that douglas is going to bring a head coach in and then decide what they should do with the pick I don't believe he has a clue yet and that is a good thing. If the coach he likes happens to like the idea of giving darnold a shot I stand by it and if the coach wants to draft a QB and trade darnold on good with that also.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

28 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

the real need is qb

They need offensive line help also. A good oline improves all elements of the offense including pass protection and running.  They have five picks in the first three rounds and lots of FA cash.  They should be able to address multiple needs. I would a trade out of two fro more picks if possible.

52 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

what a waste of draft resources to use 2 consecutive top 10 picks on tackles with so many other glaring needs including qb.

In one of the Jets best draft they took two offensive lineman in the first round (2006: D'brick & Mangold) Nothing wrong with bookend tackles.  Personally I would love to trade out of pick 2 for more picks.  However to do that you need a trading partner that loves a player at 2.

McShay has such a deep psychic connection with his friend Joe Douglas that last year, in his final mock draft, he had the Jets taking Jerry Jeudy and the Bucs taking Becton a couple of picks later.

He's a dolt.

By the way, if it ever happened the Jets passed on Justin Fields and let the Patriots get him--and it won't--I would stop stop watching the Jets and NFL football in general and just become a fullfledged Canadian football fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It's all entertainment, nothing more...

Unlikely that Fields falls to 15 unless he has a disastrous outing Monday night.

That said, notable quarterbacks have plummeted down the draft before, all it takes is one late developing story.

3 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Unlikely that Fields falls to 15 unless he has a disastrous outing Monday night.

That said, notable quarterbacks have plummeted down the draft before, all it takes is one late developing story.

Fields falling to 15 is the equivalent to Trevor Lawrence falling to the Dolphins at 3. 

23 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Absolutely who can forget                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1610053-2013-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-final-7-round-predictions                                                      or  https://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php 

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Everything starts with the offensive and defensive lines .

?right? Jets fans.....Fields is only good because his line is good & he doesn't get pressure! 

Jet fans on the importance of a great Oline....taking another great Olineman won't help the Jets! 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

?right? Jets fans.....Fields is only good because his line is good & he doesn't get pressure! 

Jet fans on the importance of a great Oline....taking another great Olineman won't help the Jets! 

They cried for O line picks for years now they are against that..

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1