What would you trade for Deshaun Watson?

5 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Why would they get fleeced? Even if Watson forced his way out, how many NFL teams would not make offers to trade for him? Maybe 6?

JN be like George Constanza....”

”Mr.Steinbrenner, I think I may have found a way for us to gets Bonds and Griffey and we wouldn’t have to give up that much!”

Watson reportedly wants bieniemy as his coach and has a no trade clause. If the situation gets to the point where the Texans are forced to trade him, he is in control. If we hire bieniemy, we could be in the driver's seat.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just gonna bring this back to the top.  Get your offers ready folks.

I would definitely trade for Watson! Both 1sts this year & our Seattle 1st next year! 
We’d still be picking at #34, Allen Robinson would probably want to come here & we’d still have a 1st next year + almost 80 million in free agency. 
* Plus whatever we get trading Sam which I think will be a second rounder. No shame in losing your job to Deshaun Watson! 

• Upvote 1

His childish antics seem bizarre but when you dig deeper, you realize how frustrated players are over there. Even Andre Johnson lashed out at the organization. And Watson tried to take a stand for his team mates, ended up completely being ignored. When you have such a QB, you should do everything to keep him happy. Teams pay $40mil a year to keep such players happy, how do you ignore at least interviewing a good candidate? 

• Upvote 1

I just saw DJs tweet! 
Never thought about 2023? 
3 firsts & we still have a 1st round pick in both 2021 & 2022! No brainer. 
OMG I want a franchise QB so bad I can taste it! 
Saleh was 1 of the Head Coaching prospects Deshaun gave a nod to! 

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I completely agree with DJ here.  You can get Watson and still have basically a normal draft haul over the next 3 years.

This is so brutal for me because I absolutely believe Watson is worth that cost. HOWEVER. I don't view that as 3 first round picks. The #2 pick this year is worth 2 #10 overall picks, 3 #19 overall picks, 4 #28 overall picks, and nearly 5 #32 overall picks. I would also say the #2 this year is worth even more than that because you get your pick of Fields/Wilson and most seem to think those guys would be #1 picks in most other drafts (believe it or not I've read multiple scouting sites that say that). 

The only other team that can put an offer together like this to me is Miami. If they are set with Tua as they have said (which I don't really believe), then who else is going to make a similar offer? Lets say Detroit does. Well 1) Detroit's first this year is worth nearly half of ours this year - and they have no guarantee they can get a QB at that slot. Not too mention Watson has to agree to be traded to Detroit, which is an issue as well. SF? Their pick is worth less than half of our #2 pick and that team will automatically be picking in the high 20s if they do. 

If you give up #2 I'd part with Seattles pick next year and maybe our second this year. Thats three first round picks + a second in my mind and doesn't dip into our future first round picks which we still need because Watsons contract will mean we have less cap space. 

Damn it I want Watson though. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I completely agree with DJ here.  You can get Watson and still have basically a normal draft haul over the next 3 years.

Was against it because of the perceived price of trading for a 25 yr old franchise QB, but if this haul gets a deal done I do it. Keep in mind also that if Watson plays hardball Houston has limited leverage because he has a no trade clause, and will definitely only waive it for a team he wants to play for...

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is the first time I’ve seen a media guy put out a potential trade with actual draft picks for Watson. Gives us an idea on the parameters.

Either way, I 100% agree that we need to call.

The 2nd pick is a lot more valuable than the 3rd. With our pick, they’ll get their preferred non Lawrence QB. With Miami, they miss out on their top 2 QBs.