What would you trade for Deshaun Watson?

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Shut the **** up Mort!

Waston has leverage but the Texans do to. At the end of the day if he wants out and the Jets are offering more than the Dolphins he'd presumably come here, especially if the rumors he liked Saleh are true.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You give our 2 first round picks this year without blinking.

Darnold, both firsts this year, next year’s first.

You trust your instincts if you feel there is a qb in the draft that would help the Jets. Watson is a win now qb, and the Jets are not a win now team. And would be less so with the draft assets they w

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Not if they take a QB with #2.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah, you're probably right. Why would they want Darnold? I'm an idiot.

At least we could still then hopefully flip Darnold for some additional assets.

I can only see Watson being trade if Caserio thinks that going forward with a prime QB on a team that broken is futile.  But still it would be huge decision.   JJ Watt is already halfway out the door so it's not totally impossible.  I still see Miami in a much better position to add a QB then we are.   They have the added draft capital necessary and their roster doesn't look like the graveyard of Braxton Berrios and Henry Anderson.

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My buddy who is a Clemson guy has a former coworker in Watson's crew #coolstory- he likes New York and everything that comes with it.

Dude tell him to put in a word. Haha. We need a full court press in this. Whatever it takes. 

DJ already put something out there for Douglas.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I think Watson is a phenomenal QB. doesn’t mean he’s the answer for this team in Jan 2021.

my answer; 

“ you can have the second overall OR both Seattle picks. one or the other. Otherwise go kick rocks, you have no leverage. Find another buyer

Houston will hire Bienemy and this will  all go away.

• Like 1
Just now, GreenFish said:

Dude tell him to put in a word. Haha. We need a full court press in this. Whatever it takes. 

DJ alright put something out there for Douglas. 

Ha, not happening. The old coworker is apparently Watson's agent now.

• Sad 1

No matter what happens it does seem to be snowballing really fast. I’d be surprised if this story survives past February - the dominoes will start falling rather quickly if something is really going to happen 

Now that this discussion seems to actually be getting serious this is the f*cking guy we should be after. My mate is a Texans fan so I watch a ton of their games and this guy is as good as it gets. He's Mahomes on a bad team. Maybe a slight issue with holding onto to it for too long but he has escapability enough to make it work.

At only 25 he's got maybe 10+ years in him of elite QB play. The whole narrative around this franchise would change overnight and the only questions would be what to put around him.

I'd give up a ton to get him. Get him in now when we have the picks to do it even if it means waiting a few years to get the talent around him. I'd give at least three of the next four 1sts that we have, including #2 overall. Throw in some later picks and that may actually f*cking work. It would be insane if we land a proven top 5 NFL QB. It should never happen.

• Upvote 1
Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Waston has leverage but the Texans do to. At the end of the day if he wants out and the Jets are offering more than the Dolphins he'd presumably come here, especially if the rumors he liked Saleh are true.

What makes it really interesting is if the Saleh rumors are indeed true. Sounds like he wants to play for him. Why would he reject a trade to a desired hc and to get the hell away from Houston. Watson would be the king of NY if he comes here. 

• Upvote 3
17 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

3 first rounders including the 2nd overall? Very very steep for a player not on a rookie deal and the entire world knows is on his way out. He can’t be cut either so it’s not like Watson gets to decide. 

Offer the Jamal Adams package you Texans (23rd, 3rd rounder, 1st from 2022). Should be enough imo. At most, add a 3rd from 2023 so you don’t deplete 2022 premium picks. Then trade down in first to about the 8-10th to pickup one from DeVonta, Chase or Waddle (in that order) along with an extra 2nd+ atleast if suitors aren’t there. Ideally this should net you a 2nd rd now and additional future 1st but need suitors for all that. That should be enough to get you a good RB, TE and OL in the two 2nds and the third. Makes Watson a happy man as well. 

I don’t see how you can get Watson without giving up the second pick. The fan base would revolt. They wouldn’t even be in position to get one of the top qb prospects with your proposed package. Not sure how I feel about Watson but if this team decides he’s the guy, that number 2 overall pick is as good as gone.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Watson is a phenomenal QB. doesn’t mean he’s the answer for this team in Jan 2021.

my answer; 

“ you can have the second overall OR both Seattle picks. one or the other. Otherwise go kick rocks, you have no leverage. Find another buyer

Technically speaking, the Texans do not have much leverage because the player is unhappy - but I think that's at least partially negated by the sheer amount of franchises that will lineup to trade for this guy.

We're all excited right now... but if dude goes to Miami for pick 3 overall (+ more)...

For me, at least, I'm comfortable moving the #2 overall and a 2022 first. Beyond that I start to lose interest. 

• Upvote 1

We need to get this done. The two things we have in excess are draft picks and money. Use those assets to get our franchise QB for the next 10-15 years and stop this revolving carousel that leads to nothingness. We'll still have plenty of 2nd round + draft picks and money left over to fill out the team around Watson. 

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

I don’t see how you can get Watson without giving up the second pick. The fan base would revolt. They wouldn’t even be in position to get one of the top qb prospects. Not sure how I feel about Watson but if this team decides he’s the guy, that number 2 overall pick is as good as gone.

Yeah, there's no way they wouldn't take the 2nd overall. That's a huge part of the trade if you're Houston -- 2nd overall from Jets or 3rd overall from Dolphins to draft your replacement.

Ironically, there's part of me that wonders if they'd prefer the Jets if only to avoid the embarrassment of trading for their own pick back from the Fins.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, King P said:

Shut the **** up Mort!

I've thought all year it's been overstated how close the Dolphins are.

10-6.  Go look at their schedule.  Played arguably the easiest schedule in the NFL(got the 4th place schedule treatment the Jets get next year.)

They beat 1 team with a winning record and 2 8-8 teams.  I don't think they are as close as Mort does.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Oh man. If we somehow pull this off.....

If that happens be prepared for @Pac to waltz in and be like, "so, not only did Mike Maccagnan give us 3 seasons of the best All-Pro safety play this franchise has ever seen, but because Jamal Adams is such a valuable asset we were able to land the QB that you dimwits wanted anyway, so it's like we never even passed on him. Advangate: Maccagnan. Eat at Red Lobster!"

• Haha 2

If Houston likes Fields or Wilson, the #2 pick becomes a huge asset for them. I would do the deal with what Jeremiah said. Keeping the Seattle 1s in our back pocket and extending the pick to 2023 would help speed up the process. 

The Jets have something that Miami does not - marketability. What he loses in taxes he may make back in pure marketing / branding opportunities. The Dolphins have nice weather but in the grand scheme of the league they’re rather irrelevant. NY reigns far supreme unless you like hot weather

10 minutes ago, King P said:

Remember when Schefter said this?

Now he's pushing the idea of Watson the Jets...

High Quality GIF by swerk

454498344_Aroused_DaveChappelle.gif.1e4480f71be933616f96237eaf1245d9.gif

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

No matter what happens it does seem to be snowballing really fast. I’d be surprised if this story survives past February - the dominoes will start falling rather quickly if something is really going to happen 

Wasn't there a thread on the board last week, might have been from a Schefter or Rapporport tweet, that " people believe JD is gonna make a huge trade," or something like that? Wouldn't get much bigger than this.😎

38 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

This is so brutal for me because I absolutely believe Watson is worth that cost. HOWEVER. I don't view that as 3 first round picks. The #2 pick this year is worth 2 #10 overall picks, 3 #19 overall picks, 4 #28 overall picks, and nearly 5 #32 overall picks. I would also say the #2 this year is worth even more than that because you get your pick of Fields/Wilson and most seem to think those guys would be #1 picks in most other drafts (believe it or not I've read multiple scouting sites that say that). 

This. The #2 pick this year is extremely valuable.  If indeed DW has a no-trade, he can force the Texans' hand and JD can play hardball with them. Don't insult them with a lowball offer, but don't ravage the ability to build around DW, b/c even with him the team will still likely suck next year.

Offer the #2 pick, next year's Seattle pick, and Darnold. Max.  If they want "more picks," they can trade down with the #2 and also trade Darnold for whatever. Or, the Jets can get a third team involved that wants to move up to parlay the #2 into more picks.

Heck, I wouldn't blame JD if he offers and holds firm on the #2 pick and Darnold, or both Seattle picks and Darnold, but I'd think the Texans would turn those offers down.

If DW really prefers Miami, then the Jets still need to be involved to make Miami pay through the nose to get him.

• Upvote 2

Would Miami even be interested? It takes a special kind of person to be able to admit they screwed up with their top 10 pick after 9 games... something tells me that Miami might be an option to outsiders, but not actually an option in terms of real interest

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, there's no way they wouldn't take the 2nd overall. That's a huge part of the trade if you're Houston -- 2nd overall from Jets or 3rd overall from Dolphins to draft your replacement.

Ironically, there's part of me that wonders if they'd prefer the Jets if only to avoid the embarrassment of trading for their own pick back from the Fins.

I was actually thinking this. Would make them look even worse.

I don’t see the Texans trading him to the AFC especially the Dolphins or Jets. The Texans are ran by former patriot cronies.

49ers

Rams

come to mind