What would you trade for Deshaun Watson?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans waiting 55 years for an elite, young QB to fall in their hands but want to pass on one now because they’re afraid of missing out on drafting a TE at pick #27. 

If Watson were any good, why wasn't he drafted over Jamal Adams.

Animated GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If Houston trades Watson that fanbase will go apoplectic. Look at their starters before Watson:

2002 David Carr (16) [1]
2003 David Carr (11) / Tony Banks (3) / Dave Ragone (2) [2]
2004 David Carr (16) [3]
2005 David Carr (16) [4]
2006 David Carr (16) [5]
2007 Matt Schaub (11) / Sage Rosenfels (5) [6]
2008 Matt Schaub (11) / Sage Rosenfels (5) [7]
2009 Matt Schaub (16) [8]
2010 Matt Schaub (16) [9]
2011 Matt Schaub (10) / Matt Leinart (1) / T. J. Yates (5) [10]
2012 Matt Schaub (16) [11]
2013 Matt Schaub (8) / Case Keenum (8) [12]
2014 Ryan Fitzpatrick (12) / Ryan Mallett (2) / Case Keenum (2) [13]
2015 Brian Hoyer (9) / Ryan Mallett (4) / T. J. Yates (2) / Brandon Weeden (1) [14]
2016 Brock Osweiler (14) / Tom Savage (2) [15]
2017 Tom Savage (7) / Deshaun Watson (6) / T. J. Yates (3)

Looks like they subscribe to that 5+ year rope for QB busts line of thinking like the Jets

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

Looks like they subscribe to that 5+ year rope for QB busts line of thinking like the Jets

It would be ironic that a franchise that "fails slowly" would also "succeed quickly" and look to move Watson. There would be riots at Texans HQ.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

3f62a3d68604500b3ab57285f47382f86eb5dfd5

100% Tua is worth a ton more than Darnold. Just like mega-bust Rosen was traded for more after one year of suck than Darnold will be after 3. Tua also has 3 or 4 cheap years left and he objectively did not suck. 64% comp, 11/5 TD/INT. 87 QB Rating. If Darnold put that up in any 9-game stretch of his career, hordes of Jets fans would be screaming to extend him immediately.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Could Miami offer #3, Tua and two Seattle first round picks this year and next year that we could? Don't think so.

If Jets and Dolphins actually get into a bidding war, Miami isn't coming out on top lol 

I was merely refuting the poster who said "Jets can offer Darnold and #2 overall, this is more than other teams." 

31 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

That's all well and good, but if Watson demands that he wants out of town, that will change quickly and the Texans would probably prefer the #2 overall pick over what other teams have to offer.

HOU: we want your #2

GM Paradis:

7ABB3438-1EE4-4289-83E9-0576D9F215CF.gif

• Haha 1

The Jets aren't the right destination.  You need a win-now team that has a QB problem.  If I'm the Texans I call San Francisco.  Well-coached, SB appearance last year, fought hard this season in the NFL's toughest division and didn't have Garrapolo, Kittle, Bosa for most of the year.  Plus, you get Watson out of the AFC.  That's the logical spot.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nothing.

Rebuilding teams that win Super Bowls have quarterbacks on rookie deals.

SAR I

I agree, we have so many holes to fill.  The Texans are so far over the cap that they will remove Watson and his contract for far less then these deals poster are offering.  I might offer Seahawks 1st and a late round pick. We might be better off drafting a QB with our 1st round pick and have him on rookie deal for 5 years.

• Upvote 2