Jet's to interview Aaron Glenn

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always liked Aaron Glenn met him at NY Jets camp very well spoken class act individual.  I even own his authentic jersey.  Always wondered why the organization never brought back the better

I like it, nobody predicted this, shows a confidence to seek out those guys who aren’t the obvious flavour of the month(Bieniemy, Saleh, Daboll etc)

Best CB we ever had

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I like it, nobody predicted this, shows a confidence to seek out those guys who aren’t the obvious flavour of the month(Bieniemy, Saleh, Daboll etc)

Ummmm.......excuse me......

On 1/3/2021 at 6:20 PM, IndianaJet said:

Coach: Aaron Glenn

QB: Jacoby Brissett

Will we trade out of #2: Yes. With the Panthers and select Partrick Surtain Jr. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

To jump from a secondary coach to a Head Coach is a stretch.  Now if it's for DC, what happened to JD saying it was up to the HC to pick his staff??

That's because it isn't for DC.

• Upvote 1

Met him at training camp in 1999.  There was a lunch thing after practice.  Glenn, Ray Lucas, Marvin Jones attended and signed autographs.  

Believe Herm was a DB coach when we hired him.  

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I like that fact that I think they have already interviewed several minority candidates.  It doesn't smell like a Rooney Rule interview, but it is probably to give Glenn interiew experience and feel him out as a coordinator.  He is pretty inexperienced to consider a credible head coach candidate.  

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Glenn has all of the Qualities of a leader , He did as a player and does as a coach. He might be a darkhorse.

Yep

He's also probably going to interview pretty well.  I'm not just writing this off .   I'd love to see it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, rayzor said:

To jump from a secondary coach to a Head Coach is a stretch.  Now if it's for DC, what happened to JD saying it was up to the HC to pick his staff??

It worked out pretty well with Mike Tomlin and the Steelers though

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I loved Aaron Glenn, hated it when we shunted him to the Texans in the expansion draft.

If JD wants him for HC, I'm all for it.

Great player, smart guy, highly rated coach, Parcells type approach to the game.

True but we had to let the Texans draft Glenn so we could shed a bad contract (I think Ryan Young)

Young’s replacement Mackenzie was actually an upgrade.  But Bradway screwed up and signed Aaron Beasley to replace Glenn who sucked

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

It worked out pretty well with Mike Tomlin and the Steelers though

Tomlin had a year, at least, as a DC for the Vikings before getting the Steeler gig, which was a top 10 D.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Herm Edwards did it.