Jet's to interview Aaron Glenn

jayrad01

People often remember Aaron Glenn for whiffing on the Marino fake spike, but overall he was a fantastic player and played much, much taller than he was. He was also a quiet respectful person who never belly-ached, never ran his mouth, no off the field issues ever. Great Jet, one of my favorites. I don't follow the draft much to speak of until it's practically imminent, then I do a bunch of useless reading. I was very happy with that pick.

I also remember when Aaron Glenn got fined $10K for not having his jersey tucked in. Big whoop; but he took the fine without complaint and came out the next game with one of his socks half down in response, lol. The league let that one go. Now everyone's a damn slob every which way but loose, for what it's worth.

Anyway, no objections and not the least bit averse to having old Jets blood on the coaching staff (see Bryan Cox), but I have to admit I was miffed and insulted when Glenn opted not to retire a Jet. What the frig. I need an apology when I roll out the welcome mat. I mean, when I personally roll out the welcome mat.

I just got a job at Florham Park as a Welcome Mat Roller, and I will be taking my job very, very seriously. As a matter of fact, my new office is right next to Hymie Elhai's. He put a piece of masking tape with his name on it on the office supplies closet door. I'm in the cleaning supplies closet one door down. I wonder how the hell he fits a desk in there. So yeah, fug the Ball Boy. I'm a VIP.  Later. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

1st film they should show to next year's corners  :)  Glenn was the victim in his rookie season.

Ha, you beat me because my post hung. Oh,  and I was also endlessly rambling nonsensically - a first! That was a fun sentence, though, so I somehow got you last . . . in my mind!

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Herm Edwards jumped straight from Secondary coach to HC, so it's certainly not unprecedented.

Flores jumped from LB coach for the Pats to HC for the Phish too, and that's worked out well for them.

Glenn has been preparing for this opportunity for years - I hope he nails the interview.

Mike Tomlin was DB coach and then DC for one season before being a HC. 

Very interesting resume for Aaron Glenn, would definitely be a CEO instead of a Coordinator. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, jetophile said:

People often remember Aaron Glenn for whiffing on the Marino fake spike, but overall he was a fantastic player and played much, much taller than he was. He was also a quiet respectful person who never belly-ached, never ran his mouth, no off the field issues ever. Great Jet, one of my favorites. I don't follow the draft much to speak of until it's practically imminent, then I do a bunch of useless reading. I was very happy with that pick.

I also remember when Aaron Glenn got fined $10K for not having his jersey tucked in. Big whoop; but he took the fine without complaint and came out the next game with one of his socks half down in response, lol. The league let that one go. Now everyone's a damn slob every which way but loose, for what it's worth.

Anyway, no objections and not the least bit averse to having old Jets blood on the coaching staff (see Bryan Cox), but I have to admit I was miffed and insulted when Glenn opted not to retire a Jet. What the frig. I need an apology when I roll out the welcome mat. I mean, when I personally roll out the welcome mat.

I just got a job at Florham Park as a Welcome Mat Roller, and I will be taking my job very, very seriously. As a matter of fact, my new office is right next to Hymie Elhai's. He put a piece of masking tape with his name on it on the office supplies closet door. I'm in the cleaning supplies closet one door down. I wonder how the hell he fits a desk in there. So yeah, fug the Ball Boy. I'm a VIP.  Later. 

How great was our secondary in the late 90’s with Aaron Glenn and Victor Green coached by Belichick?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Ha, you beat me because my post hung. Oh,  and I was also endlessly rambling nonsensically - a first! That was a fun sentence, though, so I somehow got you last . . . in my mind!

Do you believe I got a downvote for it.  Some folks are way too serious here.  Rookie Aaron Glenn being burned on the infamous clock play was posted for sheer nostalgia.  I have no clue whether or not Aaron Glenn is a qualified HC candidate.  If he is, then interview him.  

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

The fact that Douglas is looking for a "CEO type of HC" makes it easier
for a position coach to get the job.  Because leadership, vision, motivation
and game management skills will be more important than what they did on
offense/defense    

Understand the game and be a leader of men.  Then go out and hire kick-ass, hard working, high energy, fresh thinking young coordinators.

Maybe Glenn can be that guy.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

Pat Fitzgerald HC

Aaron Glenn DC

ONLY if Pat Fitzgerald WANTS and CHOOSES Glenn. No more of the BS matchmaking stuff the Jets have always done. Find the right head coach let him build exactly the staff he wants. If he asks for suggestions provide them, otherwise just write contracts for his staff

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We already fulfilled the Rooney Rule with the Bieniemy interview.

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

Hopefully it’s just to fulfill the Rooney Rule and time kick the tires. We need an experienced guy, not a nice guy to steer this ship clear of the iceberg. 

Why does this sound like you guys think only white guys can be "experienced" or qualified? Being an old white guy myself, the LAST thing I want is some goddamn old white guy from the endless chances retread pile to come in and be a part of this organization in any capacity. Cast a wide net for competence.

Maybe Bieniemy was interviewed with the idea of making him the HC. He has a lot of experience. Maybe Glenn was interviewed with the idea of making him a DC, if he would accept that. He's not a novice. Both have significant NFL, not college, coaching chops. 

If I got your drift wrong, I apologize in advance. It just didn't sound right to me.

7 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Why does this sound like you guys think only white guys can be "experienced" or qualified? Being an old white guy myself, the LAST thing I want is some goddamn old white guy from the endless chances retread pile to come in and be a part of this organization in any capacity. Cast a wide net for competence.

Maybe Bieniemy was interviewed with the idea of making him the HC. He has a lot of experience. Maybe Glenn was interviewed with the idea of making him a DC, if he would accept that. He's not a novice. Both have significant NFL, not college, coaching chops. 

If I got your drift wrong, I apologize in advance. It just didn't sound right to me.

I was merely stating a point of fact:  The Bieniemy interview came first and thus fulfilled the Rooney Rule.

The only thing we can probably extrapolate from that is this interview with Aaron Glenn was NOT a mere Rooney Rule formality.  

I have been an advocate of more coaches of color for a while so yes, you definitely didn't get my drift on this one, lol.

Very interesting.

I don't know much about Glenn as a coach, but sometimes the best hires are the ones that come out of nowhere.  His leadership qualities would have to be through the roof.  My biggest concern would be whether he has the ability / reputation / experience to put together a quality coaching staff around him.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Parcells likes him. That is all I need to know.

Seems like they still talk once a week.  That's interesting.   

I know the guy has never been a DC, and I'm probably biased because I liked him as a player, but I'd probably be more happy with him then most of the names I'm seeing thrown out there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1