Jet's to interview Aaron Glenn

jayrad01

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Jesus Christ.....can we get a bonafide HC for this damn team? I love Arron Glenn for nostalgia reasons......but we need legitimacy not Aaron Glenn

There are interviews and there are interviews. NFL operates on consensus. This could just be Jets doing Glenn a favor to start to get his name into the conversation for future cycles.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:36 AM, rayzor said:

To jump from a secondary coach to a Head Coach is a stretch.  Now if it's for DC, what happened to JD saying it was up to the HC to pick his staff??

Mike Tomlin did the jump. others like Harbourgh jumped from ST coach. there are some really good HC never were DCs

Aaron Glenn is a good dude and player for us. I hope he takes the interview and grow from the process but ultimately stay the hell away from this franchise for the sake of his career. This is a tough job for a veteran coach to take over and even tougher for a rookie. Don't want to see him used as a place holder HC.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Aaron Glenn is a good dude and player for us. I hope he takes the interview and grow from the process but ultimately stay the hell away from this franchise for the sake of his career. This is a tough job for a veteran coach to take over and even tougher for a rookie. Don't want to see him used as a place holder HC.

Although I will say Woody's MO has been to swing wildly between types of HCs. Players-coach Herm, to the uptight Mangini, to the gregarious Rex, to the soft-hearted Bowles, to the whacko Gase who delegates halftime speeches... next up a player's coach. Glenn would fit that. As would Bieniemy.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:20 AM, joewilly12 said:

Always liked Aaron Glenn met him at NY Jets camp very well spoken class act individual. 

I even own his authentic jersey. 

Always wondered why the organization never brought back the better players in some capacity. 

Why isn't Chrebet helping in some way, like Ward, a non Jet, was helping during the off season. I know he's older but to your point, he was a Jet, they never treat their players right.

Just now, jj71787 said:

Why isn't Chrebet helping in some way, like Ward, a non Jet, was helping during the off season. I know he's older but to your point, he was a Jet, they never treat their players right.

Wayne Chrebet unfortunately has some medical issues i've read. 

I cherish every time I see him back at any capacity. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, johnnysd said:

ONLY if Pat Fitzgerald WANTS and CHOOSES Glenn. No more of the BS matchmaking stuff the Jets have always done. Find the right head coach let him build exactly the staff he wants. If he asks for suggestions provide them, otherwise just write contracts for his staff

Yup. 

I don’t want to hear anything about coordinators until we have a HC  

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Wayne Chrebet unfortunately has some medical issues i've read. 

I cherish every time I see him back at any capacity. 

Honestly. He ended right as I started being a fan. But he's a big reason I am a fan. Was also a big Thomas Jones fan. 

If we move down the list. Namath is always running his mouth. Put your money where your mouth is. Make him an advisor or something. 

Klecko, Westoff (other than coaching), there's so many that could move in and change the team. Even rex said if they call he'd go back. 

3 hours ago, jj71787 said:

Because he doesn't want to? Also if you spoke to him in person today, you'd understand why. He's not in the best of shape. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, LionelRichie said:

So much of being a good HC is based on ability to build a staff.   Seems like Glenn would really struggle with that but overall would be pretty excited to give him a chance vs. the flavor of the month coordinators you typically see. 

He could have Romeo Crennel as his DC to also act as a mentor.  Bring in Anthony Weaver as the defensive line coach to be groomed to replace Crennel after a year or two.  Weaver is often on the up and coming coaches to watch list and spent a year on Rex Ryan's 2012 Jets staff.  Weaver took over the DC position when Crennel took over as HC so there is some respect there.

On the offensive side it may be a little hard but perhaps Dan Campbell, who is interviewing with the Lions, may want a coordinator position to help him get a head coaching job in the future, if he doesn't get the Lions' head coaching job.  Another guy from the Saints could be Lombardi, who may be ready to take on a coordinator role again after 5 years removed from his last stint.  Perhaps he's learned a bit from Payton over the past 5 years.  As for Lombardi, not sure if there is any hard feelings between him and Jim Bob Cooter as Cooter did replace him in Detroit, but retaining Cooter as the RB coach would add continuity and familiarity.