Another Klecko snub !!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Says the man who proclaimed that Mark Sanchez was a better QB than Joe Namath.

No, I said Mark Sanchez was second-best in team history, right after Joe Namath.  And that were it not for Super Bowl III, Mark would be number one.

That's not opinion; that's fact.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 11

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

The 2021 Hall of Fame finalist list was released and , surprise , no Joe Klecko . This is disgraceful . What's wrong with the New York pro football writers ? Do they have their heads up their ass or what ? We want Klecko in the hall of fame before he's six feet under .

He's never getting in. If he missed the extended list he is never going to make it through the regular process. They want SB players in the HOF

There’s been a lot of speculation over the years why Joe has been overlooked, but this week Klecko joined The Flight Deck Podcast with ESPN’s Rich Cimini and revealed the reason he’s not in the Hall of Fame:

“Super Bowl rings and championship success is a big deal in our league. We had a lot of teams that were right there, but for whatever reason, it didn’t work out.

Back in my days of playing, the media now is nothing like it was back then.

For example, I was playing against a team, I won’t mention teams or names, that had Pro Bowlers on it and they told me, Joe, you’re better than those guys.

But the problem is we were 3-13. Back in those days, you get zero news coverage if your team is bad. When we finally made the playoffs, that’s when I made the Pro Bowl. When you play on a good team or in the playoffs you get recognition.

Those things matter. If you’re on a bad team in the league today it doesn’t matter because if your good enough people will still recognize you. Back when I started that wasn’t the case.”

Interesting point I never really thought about, but still think he should be in by now

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

It should happen but it won't.  Sad.   If sack totals were kept that early he'd be in in a heart beat.

Decon Jones who coined the phrase sack is in the HOF before sack records existed.. Joe's talent was being great at 3 different positions as Howie long said. Joe was a 4 time Pro Bowler and 2 time All Pro his team mate Mark was a 5 time Pro bowler and all pro 3 times but wasn't the all around player Joe was..

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Convicted felon hurts him. Personally don't think it's relevant -- long time ago and he didn't kill someone *ahem*.

This is what about ism 

Ray Lewis wasn't convicted of anything 

Oj Simpson law breaking happens after the induction 

Joe klecko is a convicted tax fraud, he pled guilty, which is a big deal 

Jets Fans claim its some kind of conspiracy. It's not. The dude has a record, same as Gastineau. As any Italian American of a certain age knows, Tax fraud is how they got AL Capone. Not all of the murders etc. 

If either 73 or 99 tried to get a job greeting for Walmart they'd ask "have you ever been convicted of a felony?" on the application 

If the answer is yes, hall of fame is a tough nut to crack 

Gastineau felonies are like assault at studio 54 but klecko felony to admit widespread insurance fraud I believe it was, that's also pretty bad 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, I said Mark Sanchez was second-best in team history, right after Joe Namath.  And that were it not for Super Bowl III, Mark would be number one.

That's not opinion; that's fact.

SAR I

You need to get past your limited knowledge of Jet history and of NFL football history and let those who where there talk about players.  

8 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Decon Jones who coined the phrase sack is in the HOF before sack records existed.. Joe's talent was being great at 3 different positions as Howie long said. Joe was a 4 time Pro Bowler and 2 time All Pro his team mate Mark was a 5 time Pro bowler and all pro 3 times but wasn't the all around player Joe was..

398183933_tenor(14).gif.4c0085e27b45af23983e0e1702d12fe8.gif

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He's never getting in. If he missed the extended list he is never going to make it through the regular process. They want SB players in the HOF

He played for the Jets.  Most of these clowns with votes are fair weather giant, Patriot or Steeler fans

Mawae was a shoe in for the HOF maybe the second best Center ever yet it took him several tries to get in

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

This is what about ism 

Ray Lewis wasn't convicted of anything 

Oj Simpson law breaking happens after the induction 

Joe klecko is a convicted tax fraud, he pled guilty, which is a big deal 

Jets Fans claim its some kind of conspiracy. It's not. The dude has a record, same as Gastineau. As any Italian American of a certain age knows, Tax fraud is how they got AL Capone. Not all of the murders etc. 

If either 73 or 99 tried to get a job greeting for Walmart they'd ask "have you ever been convicted of a felony?" on the application 

If the answer is yes, hall of fame is a tough nut to crack 

Gastineau felonies are like assault at studio 54 but klecko felony to admit widespread insurance fraud I believe it was, that's also pretty bad 

Klecko pled guilty to insurance fraud. It was related to a pretty large case of auto insurance related to a class settlement suit in the Marcus Hook area.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Klecko pled guilty to insurance fraud. It was related to a pretty large case of auto insurance related to a class settlement suit in the Marcus Hook area.

Yeah that is enough to keep anyone from being in the hall of fame 

Jets Fans pretend like it's because everyone hates us 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Convicted felon hurts him. Personally don't think it's relevant -- long time ago and he didn't kill someone *ahem*.

I don't know why, but I honestly don't think that's why. I'm not in any way defending what he did, but the NFL has re-instated guys who have done far, far worse things than making a false auto insurance claim/perjury about same. 

Agreed, at this point I don't think it's relevant, either. Winston Hill finally got in posthumously, but I'm not feeling it on Joe Klecko after he's been repetitively ignored like clockwork. It's like a thing now, a thing you know is was coming. Or more like a train that's not. : /

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetophile said:

I don't know why, but I honestly don't think that's why. I'm not in any way defending what he did, but the NFL has re-instated guys who have done far, far worse things than making a false auto insurance claim/perjury about same. 

Agreed, at this point I don't think it's relevant, either. Winston Hill finally got in posthumously, but I'm not feeling it on Joe Klecko after being repetitively ignored like clockwork. It's like a thing now, a thing you know is was coming. Or more like a train that's not. : /

Lying to a grand jury is a pretty serious thing. He was sentenced 3 months in prison. While NFL writers/voters are not as persnickety as MLB writers/voters, there are some that take their role far too seriously.

55 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The family acknowledges that and they understand that. They don't personally believe that it is right, but it is what it is. Actions have consequences.

The NFL is a hypocritical fish that rots from the head down. They have countless times looked the other way while talking out of both sides of their mouths about the Integrity of the product. I always fall back on my opinion that Adam Jones should never have been allowed back into the league. He was for one reason and one reason only: to pave the way for The Dog Killer to be reinstated. I will always stick by that opinion. And then there's that whole CTE cover up and destroying the Cheats tapes because there was nothing to see there.

I don't blame some guys for getting out early because they just didn't think it was worth sacrificing their future health for a corporate machine that will just step over their body. I'm not discounting anything that you said, I'm just calling it like it is here and I also said I didn't excuse what Klecko did.

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, jetophile said:

The NFL is a hypocritical fish that rots from the head down. They have countless times looked the other way while talking out of both sides of their mouths about the Integrity of the product. I always fall back on my opinion that Adam Jones should never have been allowed back into the league. He was for one reason and one reason only: to pave the way for The Dog Killer to be reinstated. I will always stick by that opinion. And then there's that whole CTE cover up and destroying the Cheats tapes because there was nothing to see there.

I don't blame some guys for getting out early because they just didn't think it was worth sacrificing their future health for a corporate machine that will just step over your body.

There is not one thing that I can argue there. And, the NFL does not even care about competitive balance and has favorite son franchises. But, I digress.

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Lying to a grand jury is a pretty serious thing. He was sentenced 3 months in prison. While NFL writers/voters are not as persnickety as MLB writers/voters, there are some that take their role far too seriously.

Then people need to make up their minds definitively how much off-the-field actions should or shouldn't matter. I have had this discussion so many times about Curtis Martin, where the opposing side will say that not being a statistic and having an exemplary character should stand for nothing. Almost like not being a 'gangsta' is either too vanilla, an embarrassment, or a failure of some kind. 

• Sympathy 1