Grade the Potential Hire - Robert Saleh

Coach Saleh?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets hire Robert Saleh, I would give it a grade of......

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D+
    • D
    • F
    • F-

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I am not familiar enough with Saleh to give a grade. I have zero information as to his leadership skills or football philosophy. Did Peyton Manning provide a reference?

I think this is one where if Saleh gets the job, you know he absolutely killed the interviews.

THIS!

• Upvote 1

B+

I also like that he could mine from the Shanahan tree for offensive coordinators. I really like that offense. 

"I will be very surprised if we don't lose (Saleh)," 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters Sunday. "I don't know what's wrong with people if they don't hire him. He's as good as you can get, knows more about football, all three phases, and he's going to hire the best staff, he knows about players, he knows what they're talking about, who doesn't know what they're talking about. He also knows how to deal with people. I hope everyone's not very smart and doesn't hire him so I can keep him, but I'm expecting not to have him."

Not saying the guy is the ideal choice.

I wanted Harbaugh. But 'beggars can't be choosers' and we might have to take a shot on someone like Saleh, Daboll, or Joe Brady... and I can live with that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I don't get all the rave about this guy...

What is so good about him? Someone sell me on him.

Ok. I'll give it a shot. After about 10 minutes of google research, this is what I know.

4 year starter at TE for Northern Michigan University.

Worked through the college and pro coaching ranks on the D side of the ball exclusively. SF is his first DC job at any level.  Supposedly, he is known for his willingness and ability to adopt and change his scheme to best suit the players he has, the ability to adjust his game plans from each week and during games, and his open mind which makes him flexible enough to adopt concepts suggested by others.

• Upvote 2

A+.  

Leader.  Communicator. Strong Game Planer.  Strong Schematically.  Access to potential high end young OC.  He checks all the boxes 

If he had just went 7-4 and 8-3 the past few seasons at Vanderbilt he'd be the hottest name on the board right now.

I don't think he will be our coach though, unfortunately.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ok. I'll give it a shot. After about 10 minutes of google research, this is what I know.

4 year starter at TE for Northern Michigan University.

Worked through the college and pro coaching ranks on the D side of the ball exclusively. SF is his first DC job at any level.  Supposedly, he is known for his willingness and ability to adopt and change his scheme to best suit the players he has, the ability to adjust his game plans from each week and during games, and his open mind which makes him flexible enough to adopt concepts suggested by others.

Ok...

Can he be an executive and a leader of men?  That's what we need.

Not another "special" defensive coordinator...no thanks.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

A+.  

Leader.  Communicator. Strong Game Planer.  Strong Schematically.  Access to potential high end young OC.  He checks all the boxes 

If he had just went 7-4 and 8-3 the past few seasons at Vanderbilt he'd be the hottest name on the board right now.

I don't think he will be our coach though, unfortunately.

That's the formula that got James Franklin his job at PSU.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I don't have confidence in his rolodex. Who can he hire? His ability to bring in staff would be key.

You would assume he would bring over Mike LaFleur to be the OC.  I'm not sure why he's sought after.  His Defenses ranked 17th, 8th, 28th and 25th since he became their DC.  What am i missing besides him being a great motivator and looking the part?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

You would assume he would bring over Mike LaFleur to be the OC.  I'm not sure why he's sought after.  His Defenses ranked 17th, 8th, 28th and 25th since he became their DC.  What am i missing besides him being a great motivator and looking the part?

As Gase proved, results aren't necessarily what the Jets look for..