Anyone interested in blogging?

Maxman

We could use a little help on the front page. We have a lot of editorial content but we can always use help blogging, Jets News updates.

For example, I have been trying to post an update on the coaching search. 

• Who has been confirmed as being someone the Jets will be interviewing
  • Who they have already interviewed
  • Other possibilities?

Figured I would reach out and see if anyone was interested in joining the team. We want to bring on one more blogger. 

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We could use a little help on the front page. We have a lot of editorial content but we can always use help blogging, Jets News updates.

• Other possibilities?

Figured I would reach out and see if anyone was interested in joining the team. We want to bring on one more blogger. 

Thanks!

Oh, this would be so nice vs. the requisite everyone creates a thread with their take option.

I can try to scratch a blog post together for you. You guys tell me what you think and if you want me to do more of them.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I have and do stuff like this, but it might depend on the time commitment.  I have moved my business online and yowzers, its taking up a lot of time with a BIG learning curve.....especially with my intellect.

Get the KISS Army to help you. Greatest band of ALL time. 

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I have and do stuff like this, but it might depend on the time commitment.  I have moved my business online and yowzers, its taking up a lot of time with a BIG learning curve.....especially with my intellect.

Hey if you ever have more time just let me know.

What kind of business? Hope everything is going well.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Hey if you ever have more time just let me know.

What kind of business? Hope everything is going well.  Thanks.

I run a trivia event entertainment business.  Used to do about 15 live events a month.  Different way to pay the bills.

Its all moving online.  Perhaps I could run a New York Jets Trivia Night for a local charity of your choice!

What exactly are you looking for as far as a blog post?  Do you want an opinion piece, or do more journalism type work?  Are you supplying the "what" you want, or do you want the people to come up with the content and then research the information?  What about credentials?  I mean, nobody is going to take my calls, but if the person is acting on behalf of Jets Nation, I'm sure that has more pull.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

• Other possibilities?

Thanks!

I thought that was what we have the bearded wonder for lol...

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

• Other possibilities?

Thanks!

I hear a former Daily News employee is looking for a job.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I thought that was what we have the bearded wonder for lol...

GreenBean is crushing it with Video. We are good there.

I am looking for blog posts, Jets News updates, that kind of thing.  :)

5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I run a trivia event entertainment business.  Used to do about 15 live events a month.  Different way to pay the bills.

Its all moving online.  Perhaps I could run a New York Jets Trivia Night for a local charity of your choice!

What exactly are you looking for as far as a blog post?  Do you want an opinion piece, or do more journalism type work?  Are you supplying the "what" you want, or do you want the people to come up with the content and then research the information?  What about credentials?  I mean, nobody is going to take my calls, but if the person is acting on behalf of Jets Nation, I'm sure that has more pull.

PM me your website if you are comfortable with that. Would love to check out the trivia option and see if there is any tie in here.

As for blogging, definitely no credentials. Really need help posting Jets News. We have a lot of the editorial stuff covered. But I keep falling behind on basic news updates. @Integrity28 just did one for us on the coaching updates.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

PM me your website if you are comfortable with that. Would love to check out the trivia option and see if there is any tie in here.

As for blogging, definitely no credentials. Really need help posting Jets News. We have a lot of the editorial stuff covered. But I keep falling behind on basic news updates. @Integrity28 just did one for us on the coaching updates.

I will send you the link, but the website is TERRIBLE.  I had hired someone to build the website when I rebranded a year ago, and they backed out three weeks before it needed to be launched.  My wife and I put it together, with the intent to hire someone.  Then, COVID....I have someone who is going to rebuild it, but time, money, etc.

I will PM you my idea as well. Can you link me a couple of posts as examples of what you would like done?  I think I might be able to help with this.  I was thinking this was more investigative / research-based, and that I wouldn't have time for.  I do enough of that with what I do!  But, if I am thinking what you need is actually what you do need, I believe I can help.  Let me know Max!  

OOH....One thing: Will I get to hang with the Moderators and be one of the cool kids.  AND....will I get to meet Tom Shane in person?

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I will send you the link, but the website is TERRIBLE.  I had hired someone to build the website when I rebranded a year ago, and they backed out three weeks before it needed to be launched.  My wife and I put it together, with the intent to hire someone.  Then, COVID....I have someone who is going to rebuild it, but time, money, etc.

I will PM you my idea as well. Can you link me a couple of posts as examples of what you would like done?  I think I might be able to help with this.  I was thinking this was more investigative / research-based, and that I wouldn't have time for.  I do enough of that with what I do!  But, if I am thinking what you need is actually what you do need, I believe I can help.  Let me know Max!  

OOH....One thing: Will I get to hang with the Moderators and be one of the cool kids.  AND....will I get to meet Tom Shane in person?

Looking forward to the PM.  Legally no on Tom. I have to say that, after the past 7 in person meet and greets apparently I am now part of the problem. Oh well. So please avoid @T0mShane at all costs. If you do meet him, wash your hands frequently. Check the CDC website for more precautionary info.

Oh and if you need help with the website, just let me know.  Thanks.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Looking forward to the PM.  Legally no on Tom. I have to say that, after the past 7 in person meet and greets apparently I am now part of the problem. Oh well. So please avoid @T0mShane at all costs. If you do meet him, wash your hands frequently. Check the CDC website for more precautionary info.

Oh and if you need help with the website, just let me know.  Thanks.

..so is THAT him ?.. yes, THAT's..

83389538_10218342892677683_8453932786124

... tom  ?

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

If there is any interest for the site, I would be willing to write a bi-weekly blog on baseball during that season. And no, it would be just Mets and Yankee bashing. Although, that would be the undertone.

..so you're a red sox fan ?  ?

• Haha 1