Christian Fauria, who is a Colorado alum claims Bieniemy will be the Jets HC.

Mogglez

21 minutes ago, RJIII said:

He's trying to help push and advertise his friend for the best job opening in the NFL. Bieniemy, while a dedent/good coach, is not as qualified as other candidates listed. 

That was my initial and current thinking.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get it.

My issues stem more from how bad he was at CU, his only real stint in which he called the plays along with how bad of a past he has.  I’m not talking about the little transgressions you can grow from.  I’m talking about the recruiting scandal that involved young women being pimped out and raped that, I don’t care what he says, he absolutely knew about considering how involved in the recruiting process he was.

Also, I know I’m in the minority here, but the Reid stamp means nothing to me after watching the likes of Nagy, Childress, Shurmer, Marty Mornhinweg all flame out when they finally got their chance to call the plays and run the show. Reid is the only guy that matters in that offense.

Oh he should be perfect then in a league where perverts like Ben Worthlessberger, Antiono Brown still play in ?

• Upvote 3

Imo this is just more insights into the future, Houston isn’t viewed highly because of the QB uncertainty more than anything but I think we can all agree if you had to choose between coaching:

Houston - a healthy Deshaun Watson(who’s playing at a top 5 QB level with no help) and the ability to make some offseason moves OR a broken Sam Darnold the #2 overall pick (Sewell,Pitts maybe a trade down) and cap room. NY also is a tuff market, with very high expectations and a tuff and upcoming division.

IMO the answer is obvious it’s Houston, I’m thinking for candidates to even be considering coaching the NYJ is because of that #2 pick and the ability to start over at QB. I just don’t see Sam and anything we can get at or for 2 would be more appealing than starting over with your guy.

Just my 2 cents though 

59 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get it.

My issues stem more from how bad he was at CU, his only real stint in which he called the plays along with how bad of a past he has.  I’m not talking about the little transgressions you can grow from.  I’m talking about the recruiting scandal that involved young women being pimped out and raped that, I don’t care what he says, he absolutely knew about considering how involved in the recruiting process he was.

Also, I know I’m in the minority here, but the Reid stamp means nothing to me after watching the likes of Nagy, Childress, Shurmer, Marty Mornhinweg all flame out when they finally got their chance to call the plays and run the show. Reid is the only guy that matters in that offense.

I didn’t know anything about that Colorado recruiting scandal.  I liked EB, was willing to ride with him even though he isn’t the true OC in KC but after reading up on that tidbit, I don’t want him here.  Sure, people can change, but we don’t need any more ammo to the “Jets gonna jet” crowd by hiring this kinda guy.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, heymangold said:

I didn’t know anything about that Colorado recruiting scandal.  I liked EB, was willing to ride with him even though he isn’t the true OC in KC but after reading up on that tidbit, I don’t want him here.  Sure, people can change, but we don’t need any more ammo to the “Jets gonna jet” crowd by hiring this kinda guy.

It’s a really really disgusting story.  I want him as far away from this organization as possible.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Nagy made the playoffs twice with a stiff like Trubisky at QB and Pederson won a SB... his coaching tree bears fruit(isn't McDermott also a part of Andy's tree? He was with him in Philly)

Yup. McDermott is on Andy’s tree as well 

Which is why I honestly don’t understand the complete outrage from some, and while he’s not my top choice I’ll be more then willing to give him a fair chance...I understand he’s an unknown. I understand it’s unclear how much influence he has in KC. But Andy Reid’s tree is promising. It’s not like Belichick’s tree where literally everyone crashed and burned. Nagy and Pedersen being “coffee fetchers” like some folks have so eloquently called Bieniemy, didn’t stop them from doing decent jobs as HC and it didn’t stop Pedersen in particular from being a SB winning HC, even before his former boss Andy Reid....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

IMO the answer is obvious it’s Houston, I’m thinking for candidates to even be considering coaching the NYJ is because of that #2 pick and the ability to start over at QB. I just don’t see Sam and anything we can get at or for 2 would be more appealing than starting over with your guy.

Just my 2 cents though 

Given all the cons you stated about coaching in NY, I can’t see how whoever gets hired as HC not want to use the #2 pick to get their own guy at QB. I understand some are still hopeful about Sam turning around with a new staff, but there’s no evidence that confidently states he will perform better. If I’m coming into a pressure cooker I at least want a guy that I want to develop....

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I get it.

Yes I have to admit that troubling is an understatement for that situation and is more then understandable to see hesitation or outrage regarding his hire....pretty disgusting stuff......

I just don’t buy a lot of the coaching concerns but hey to each his own....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd trade our first and Jamal Adams for a top 5 QB.

NO. They're desperate so then why would we have to bend. Give them Sam and late 1st and a 2nd.  JD is good at this stuff. No way he's giving them that #2 pick. NO WAY!

18 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Which is why I honestly don’t understand the complete outrage from some, and while he’s not my top choice I’ll be more then willing to give him a fair chance...I understand he’s an unknown. I understand it’s unclear how much influence he has in KC. But Andy Reid’s tree is promising. It’s not like Belichick’s tree where literally everyone crashed and burned. Nagy and Pedersen being “coffee fetchers” like some folks have so eloquently called Bieniemy, didn’t stop them from doing decent jobs as HC and it didn’t stop Pedersen in particular from being a SB winning HC, even before his former boss Andy Reid....

This 100%!

If you don't like Bieniemy because of scandal that is fair IMO but if you are claiming he is unqualified that simply doesn't square with the facts from the other other folks from Reid's tree.

Let's face it we aren't interviewing anybody so we don't know the deal.  My favorite Matt Campbell might be a jerk... We just don't know

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Offensive coaches have gone on with varrying success. In total between Childress, Nagy, Petersen, and Shurmur they have fielded offenses ranked in the top half of the league in 8/17 seasons. Childress and Petersen have been the most successful of the bunch.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

NO. They're desperate so then why would we have to bend. Give them Sam and late 1st and a 2nd.  JD is good at this stuff. No way he's giving them that #2 pick. NO WAY!

I mean we'd need Watson to say he'd only play for us to have that kind of leverage. I think if Miami is involved they are giving up 2 firsts and Tua, which is what lead to my proposal.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I mean we'd need Watson to say he'd only play for us to have that kind of leverage. I think if Miami is involved they are giving up 2 firsts and Tua, which is what lead to my proposal.

JD is not doing that. He's no buffoon.  Fields has just as much potential as Watson.  If you can swing the deal for Watson and hold onto the 2nd, then it opens up all kinds of tradebacks for JD.  It would be like getting Watson for nothing and just exchanging draft places. 

• Sympathy 1

I'm not anti-Bieniemy but I have about 3 candidates I'd like better.  Making him the HC would feel like all those coordinators under Belichick who went on to be bad HC's.  If I want someone from KC it's Andy Reid.

Show me some coaches who have OVER-achieved with average talent, not guys who did well with teams full of All-Stars.  It's pretty easy to design a RPO with Patrick Mahomes and give him the option to throw to Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce.  Personally, I'd rather have the coach who stopped him for most of the Super Bowl last year, Robert Saleh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Christian can go blow wood. We’ve got interviews set up all weekend. And he thinks he has the inside scoop on a situation that literally still has to play out? 

someone check my butt for flying monkeys. @T0mShane

He's a Pats guy and he HATES the Jets.  He may have some inside info but I would take it with a grain of salt.