Christian Fauria, who is a Colorado alum claims Bieniemy will be the Jets HC.

Mogglez

This doesn't pass the smell test.

Ultimately, Bieniemy may get the job, but it's too soon to make that call. By all accounts JD is thorough and deliberate. He will not make up his mind before completing all the interviews and a second round is strong possibility. 

So I’ve done some digging on this over the last few hours.

My guy completely laughed at the notion that JD has already selected a guy...so yeah.  Take that for what you will.  That doesn’t mean Bieniemy won’t get the job, but this process is far from over.  In fact, the word I’m getting is there are a number of candidates the Jets are much higher on than EB...they just haven’t formally interviewed yet.

I’d keep an eye on Eberflus.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

41 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My guy completely laughed at the notion that JD has already selected a guy...so yeah.  Take that for what you will.  That doesn’t mean Bieniemy won’t get the job, but this process is far from over.  In fact, the word I’m getting is there are a number of candidates the Jets are much higher on than EB...they just haven’t formally interviewed yet.

Them monkeys are grounded. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I hope this is true... bienemy and watson are both terrible fits for this team right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

So theres a rumor that Bieniemy will be the next Jets HC?  

Because Bieniemy wants to be the next Jets HC?  

If true why are the Jets still conducting interviews?

And will undoubtably request to interview a few from both the teams that lose and win this weekend.

Why would they waste their time if Bieniemy was the guy?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No.

No it’s not.

And what makes you say that, considering that's not what we heard from JD on multiple occasions?

He's made it clear that it isn't his choice - ownership will be making the final decision..

But Woody will be back this year and he will be back in charge - and he's going to hire the guy he wants.  

Eric Bienemy is a Woody Johnson type hire.  

I understand your wishful thinking, I wish you were right too, but unfortunately I don't think you are. 

It's certainly possible Bienemy will be Douglas's favorite but it's far more likely it's a Woody call.  

I'm pretty confident he's the Jets hire.

23 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I would say that nagy has got the most out trubisky considering he sucks. 

ryan tannehill sucked as well.

The point is half of these offensive gurus brought in to make QBs great flop and you can say they flop because the QB sucks, that is valid enough but it lessens the value of the 'offensive guru.'

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And what makes you say that, considering that's not what we heard from JD on multiple occasions?

He's made it clear that it isn't his choice - ownership will be making the final decision..

But Woody will be back this year and he will be back in charge - and he's going to hire the guy he wants.  

I understand your wishful thinking, I wish you were right too, but unfortunately I don't think you are. 

It's certainly possible Bienemy will be Douglas's favorite but it's far more likely it's a Woody call.  

Where did you get any of this from?

Its been made perfectly clear to anyone who has been following this hire that JD is in charge.  That its his decision.  No one has said, anywhere that ownership is making the final decision.

Just as no one has said that Woody will be back. Or that Bieniemy is a Woody type hire. 

And more importantly, what makes Bieniemy a Woody type hire?  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So theres a rumor that Bieniemy will be the next Jets HC?  

Because Bieniemy wants to be the next Jets HC?  

So why are the Jets still conducting interviews?

And will undoubtably request to interview a few from both the teams that lose and win this weekend.

Why would they waste their time if Bieniemy was the guy?

Exactly time and money 

He would have been hired on the spot if he was there guy. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly time and money 

He would have been hired on the spot if he was there guy. 

And if he's your guy why continue the show of interviewing others and risk losing the guy you really want to someone else who makes an offer he cant refuse?  This is so stupid in so many ways

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If Woody forces himself on a coach JD didn't want, don't be too surprised if JD resigns and walks away. It'll likely happen.

That said, I don't think that will happen. It's been made clear that JD gets final say on who the HC will be. 

32 minutes ago, undertow said:

The only good thing about hiring Bienemy as coach is we will have a minority coach and maybe QB and they will become the medias favorite team....reeks of PR from Woody not hiring the right guy.

They've had both before, though not at the same time...Bienemy is a football guy from way back. I'm looking for a coach who both knows and understands the modern game but who has the gravitas of someone who has been in a few trenches. And who's been successful and understands putting together a team for now and the future.

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

1.  I’m not getting baited into “bragging” about a source.  The reason I “think” this is because I know better with certain information at my disposal.

2.  Douglas has never said that.  Woody is barely involved in this process.  You are reading too much into a stupid press conference.  The process has been going like this so far: “Joe.  Do all the hard work and come to me (Chris Johnson) when you’ve made up your mind so I can write the check”.

3.  I won’t totally rule Bieniemy out but, again, there are a number of guys who are higher on the list that have yet to interview.

17 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

CEO types are rare. Lombardi, Shula, Gibbs, Belicheck, Parcells, Landry.  These guys were legends.   They are far and few between.  We just have to find a program builder. Bienimy is NOT even close to that.  He doesn't have the persona.  I only see one guy that fits that bill -

campbell.jpg

I think Gibbs called the plays on offense.

47 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.  I’m not getting baited into “bragging” about a source.  The reason I “think” this is because I know better with certain information at my disposal.

2.  Douglas has never said that.  Woody is barely involved in this process.  You are reading too much into a stupid press conference.  The process has been going like this so far: “Joe.  Do all the hard work and come to me (Chris Johnson) when you’ve made up your mind so I can write the check”.

3.  I won’t totally rule Bieniemy out but, again, there are a number of guys who are higher on the list that have yet to interview.

I don't have inside sources, but I've watched this team and management to know..

My best guess - It will be Bienemy and it will be because that's who Woody wants.  

We'll see how it plays out.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't have inside sources, but I've watched this team and management to know..

My best guess - It will be Bienemy and it will be because that's who Woody wants.  

We'll see how it plays out.

It could be Bieniemy.  It will have absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, to do with Woody. Believe what you want.  No skin off my back.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

ryan tannehill sucked as well.

The point is half of these offensive gurus brought in to make QBs great flop and you can say they flop because the QB sucks, that is valid enough but it lessens the value of the 'offensive guru.'

The thing is tannehill didnt really suck on the dolphins. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Where did you get any of this from?

Its been made perfectly clear to anyone who has been following this hire that JD is in charge.  That its his decision.  No one has said, anywhere that ownership is making the final decision.

Just as no one has said that Woody will be back. Or that Bieniemy is a Woody type hire. 

And more importantly, what makes Bieniemy a Woody type hire?  

i've heard multiple interviews with JD and each time he was asked - he explained it would be a collaborative effort with ownership making the final decision.  Those were JD's words.  Not mine.  Go and listen to the interview with Boomer from a few days ago.  I'm sure you can find on the WFAN app...

Woody's time in London is just about over and he's coming back.   By all accounts he's coming back to the Jets.  To think he's not going to want to have a say in the HC would be naive.

Bienemy is a Woody hire because he will reap the most positive PR.  He's the hire the league and media really want.  Woody's M.O. is positive media and press take the priority over winning.  He certainly cares about winning, but PR, from my view, seems to take precedence over that - or at best is on par with it.

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

i've heard multiple interviews with JD and each time he was asked - he explained it would be a collaborative effort with ownership making the final decision.  Those were JD's words.  Not mine.  Go and listen to the interview with Boomer from a few days ago.  I'm sure you can find on the WFAN app...

Woody's time in London is just about over and he's coming back.   By all accounts he's coming back to the Jets.  To think he's not going to want to have a say in the HC would be naive.

Bienemy is a Woody hire because he will reap the most positive PR.  He's the hire the league and media really want.  Woody's M.O. is positive media and press take the priority over winning.  He certainly cares about winning, but PR, from my view, seems to take precedence over that - or at best is on par with it.

No, he described an interview process that every team follows, all 3 will interview or be in on interviews, he makes the call and CJ will sign off on it.  Nothing earth shattering or unexpected.  

Woodys time in london is almost over and he'll be back after the hire.  By absolutely no ones account hes coming back to the Jets.  He initially said the move to CJ was permanent, no one seems to remember that and theres been talk that he will work for the Republican Party 

Bieniemy will not receive the most positive PR.  I have no idea why.  But thats as strange a comment as Woody cares about PR over wins,  where people come up with is puzzling.  Every owner, every sport cares about PR.  So