Dan Mullen will be interviewing in the coming days.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great offensive mind with a strong track record of developing QBs and turning programs around... but he can never seem to keep his foot out of his mouth. I tend to think the whole "New York media

Mullen doesn't have the "program builder" moniker attached to him, but what he did at Miss St, in the SEC, is as impressive as anything that Rhule, Fitzgerald or Campbell have accomplished.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Is this guy any good? What’s his background... offense or defensive coach?

I’m gonna be honest.  I’m not to sure other than he’s an offensive-minded coach.  @JiF is the guy you’d probably want to ask.  I’ve had him described to me as the offensive-oriented Rex Ryan by other people.  Not sure how I feel about that.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

He's done well at Florida and brought them back to near the top (sans-Alabama) SEC relevance after Muschamp/McElwain left them in the dumps. Not sure if he's the right fit in NY, but definitely fits the CEO mold that we've heard about it.

He was with Urban at Utah and Florida during the Alex Smith/Tim Tebow years, and developed Dak at Miss St.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

All things Florida SUCK. Pass.  Has JD reached out to Campbell?  What's taking so long?

College guys prefer to keep things hush-hush so it doesn’t hurt their ability to recruit if they don’t get the job.  

I don’t think Campbell is going to leave, as much as I want him to, but if he does it will be a very quiet and quick process.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

will his wife kiss all our players when they come off the bus like she does at Florida?

I'm more interested what she does *on* the bus, if you know what I mean. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

will his wife kiss all our players when they come off the bus like she does at Florida?

Damn.  Is that the same guy???

I remember hearing that.

EDIT: Just used the Google machine.  Whoa boy!  This might rival Rex's thing with his wife's feet. lol

At a minimum it seems like a strange pregame ritual.

mullen.jpg.f5c97d238f5be7126ac39c4da6d0356e.jpg

megan-mullen-kisses-florida-players-before-games...on-the-cheek.png.a6402e59287d3deebfad24e9ebbf6499.png

coach.jpg.e581a4e0bd43fbff708fdf2e1069470d.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Yea... this guy would last two weeks in The NY media

https://youtu.be/FZCc3nbe0Ic 

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, his postgame interviews would be..... interesting after the 4th straight loss.

His post games are good ******* entertainment guys... this is real, and I approve. 

EltxqiOWkAABwpX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If we hire Mullen, will he want us to trade down to get Trask?

Or you mean trade up from say 25ish

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/university-florida-coachs-wife-kisses-players/

The Internet Is Very Disturbed By The University Of Florida Coach’s Wife Kissing All Of The Team’s Players

When the 2021 Jets QB who ever it is gets Mono we at least would know who gave it to him.

• Haha 3
51 minutes ago, Icer said:

He's done well at Florida and brought them back to near the top (sans-Alabama) SEC relevance after Muschamp/McElwain left them in the dumps. Not sure if he's the right fit in NY, but definitely fits the CEO mold that we've heard about it.

He was with Urban at Utah and Florida during the Alex Smith/Tim Tebow years, and developed Dak at Miss St.

Interesting....

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

His post games are good ******* entertainment guys... this is real, and I approve. 

EltxqiOWkAABwpX.jpg

So the offensive Rex Ryan moniker is true.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

might be better to stockpile picks as opposed to losing them?

Yeah but pick #2 nets you the BEST non QB in the draft you don’t get many opportunities to do that, just don’t **** it up.