Eric Bieniemy not interviewing well?

MTJ06

Report: Eric Bieniemy Struggled in Falcons Interview 

Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle brought up that Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy really struggled during his interview with the Falcons.

Wilson, a Texans reporter said on ‘The A-Team with Wexler & Clanton’ that the Texans have no interest in interviewing Bieniemy. He added that since they don’t want him, he doesn’t want them ?‍♂️.

Wilson said “I am going to be very transparent with you. Eric has not been interviewing well with the other teams and the Texans have not been interested in him through out the entire process.” He added “I’m told Mike Kafka has more to do with the development of Patrick Mahomes than Eric Bieniemy.”

“It has nothing to do with race or anything like that. It’s just these teams don’t want him. I heard about the Atlanta interview, they literally want to hire a Black coach. They would love for him to crush the interview. He did not crush the interview, and these teams care a lot about these interviews.” 

Wilson says the problem is not due to anything in Bieniemy’s past or something unknown to fans; it’s just been a matter of teams not being interested.

“He’s a good family man; he’s a good guy,” Wilson said. “He’s a good coach, but the teams have a right to hire whoever they want.”

Note: To touch on the Bieniemy story, This is not the first time we’ve heard this. And not the first interview cycle either. He’s been passed over by about ten teams in 3 years.

https://ustadium.com/p/716382

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

There has been similar talk about Bieniemy interviewing poorly in the past.

This and the Christian Fauria thing, where EB seems to be trying to talk himself as Jets coach into existence, are not promising signs.

Also read today that Saleh's Detroit interview did not go well. His Jets interview seemed to end quite early in the day too, so wondering if there may be some truth in Saleh not being a good interview.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

There has been similar talk about Bieniemy interviewing poorly in the past.

This and the Christian Fauria thing, where EB seems to be trying to talk himself as Jets coach into existence, are not promising signs.

Also read today that Saleh's Detroit interview did not go well. His Jets interview seemed to end quite early in the day too, so wondering if there may be some truth in Saleh not being a good interview.

Interesting.  Hadn’t heard that about Saleh.  He’s been a favorite of mine but you learn a lot from those interviews.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I really don't like Bienemy as a Head Coach prospect but something about this article rubs me the wrong way. It's odd that a reporter would feel the need to say things like "it has nothing to do with Race" and that "they literally want to hire a black coach" and that "he's a good family man." Y

Agreed. It almost seems more like someone is trying really hard to justify to a certain quarterback why the guy he wanted isn’t getting a fair shake... 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I really don't like Bienemy as a Head Coach prospect but something about this article rubs me the wrong way. It's odd that a reporter would feel the need to say things like "it has nothing to do with Race" and that "they literally want to hire a black coach" and that "he's a good family man." Y

This didn’t cross my mind but now that you mention it, does seem like it could be Houston trying to pacify a certain FQB.

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I laugh, but only because it's true.

That picture of Bienemy wearing the hat and heavy coat screams Jets this is not the pic where he looks cross eyed but WTF this is one step away from Fat Patricia

Andy Reid - Hey Eric go over there and start screaming try to look important wait wait take this headset with you .... run along

f586dfa8-0764-4aca-9c94-07bb461a9bef_192

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I feel the same way. I cant really say exactly what it is, but reading this it just felt... off. Like a Manish-esq piece where the writer has an agenda. Why even make that statement about him being black? I honestly think at this point, 2021 in the NFL, it's pretty much a given that no one is disqualifying someone from a job based on race. If a trans amputee convinced an owner they were the next Lombardi, they would have the job. 

Feels like something behind the scenes with this writer. He needed to write a piece trashing EB but couldnt produce specifics why he sucked but because I can't tell you why he is disliked, let me just tell you its NOT because he is black. ?

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I feel the same way. I cant really say exactly what it is, but reading this it just felt... off. Like a Manish-esq piece where the writer has an agenda. Why even make that statement about him being black? I honestly think at this point, 2021 in the NFL, it's pretty much a given that no one is disqualifying someone from a job based on race. If a trans amputee convinced an owner they were the next Lombardi, they would have the job. 

Feels like something behind the scenes with this writer. He needed to write a piece trashing EB but couldnt produce specifics why he sucked but because I can't tell you why he is disliked, let me just tell you its NOT because he is black. ?

It’s because a bunch of people including on here are saying he’s not being hired because he’s black but as you said the only color owners care about is green. If they think someone will help them win and make money they’re getting hired. It has zero to do with race. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s because a bunch of people including on here are saying he’s not being hired because he’s black but as you said the only color owners care about is green. If they think someone will help them win and make money they’re getting hired. It has zero to do with race. 

Exactly. This is professional sports. I dont think there is a single coach that gives a damn what color their players are or an owner that cares about the coaches color. Who is going to create wins and make them money.

"Oh man. That interview with ______ was incredible. He is everything we are looking for. THAT is a man that could bring us a superbowl. Damn, if only he wasn't black. Oh well - Get that Dowell Loggains character on the phone. It doesn't get much more white than a hobbit looking fella named Dowell"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup

this may be true, but I find the tone of the article a bit odd...

i think these teams dont care what color someone is, they just want to hire the best.

BUT, we all know there are outside forces who are putting pressure on these teams to hire more Black HCs. especially this year after all the social justice stuff from this summer. and we lost a black coach and are down to just 2. 

i can see in a heavy Black city like Atlanta that the Falcons are probably under big pressure. and if the rumors are true about Watson demanding they hire EB, Houston is under it too.

so they put out these stories of how he doesnt interview good. maybe its true. but if anything else it might provided cover or an excuse as to why they wont hire him.

i dont expect the owners to succumb to the pressure. they didnt with Kap. they wont here.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How is this odd in today’s world?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is just speculation. The only way to confirm that he isn't interviewing well is hearing that the Jets have hired him.

I'd love to have a copy of a taped Gase interview, lol. I can only imagine what that googley eyed whack job interviews like.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's the media these days. It's infested sports coverage also.

I miss the days of tossing on ESPN to see the top 10 plays of the day instead of diatribe about whatever Disney wants me lectured on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, MTJ06 said:

“It has nothing to do with race or anything like that. It’s just these teams don’t want him. I heard about the Atlanta interview, they literally want to hire a Black coach. They would love for him to crush the interview. He did not crush the interview, and these teams care a lot about these interviews.” 

Its really sad that this needs to be stated

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

said it much better than i did

4 hours ago, doitny said:

i think these teams dont care what color someone is, they just want to hire the best.

BUT, we all know there are outside forces who are putting pressure on these teams to hire more Black HCs. especially this year after all the social justice stuff from this summer. and we lost a black coach and are down to just 2. 

i can see in a heavy Black city like Atlanta that the Falcons are probably under big pressure. and if the rumors are true about Watson demanding they hire EB, Houston is under it too.

so they put out these stories of how he doesnt interview good. maybe its true. but if anything else it might provided cover or an excuse as to why they wont hire him.

i dont expect the owners to succumb to the pressure. they didnt with Kap. they wont here.

By that logic why is the Rooney rule needed in the first place? For every owner that will support Social Justice issues like Woody Johnson, you have racist ones like Donald Sterling. 

Yes it is 2021 but racism is alive and well. 

• Thumb Down 1