Schefter reporting Meyer assembling staff

section314

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And then all the guessing on whether he might take Fields with his 1

Can you imagine the madness

It’s going to be insane. But, noway they’re hiring a coach who ISN’T taking Lawrence. 

The bad PR alone would destroy that team and second guess every incomplete pass Fields would throw in Jax. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

It’s going to be insane. But, noway they’re hiring a coach who ISN’T taking Lawrence. 

The bad PR alone would destroy that team and second guess every incomplete pass Fields would throw in Jax. 

Hey you never know with an owner who says he has final say on roster decisions. 

But I agree, no way a team passes on Lawrence.   That wont stop the posting

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Per league sources, in case he takes Jags job. Some are college assistants.

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I really hope he takes it.

One less spot for the guys I want to go to.0

Urban Meyer taking the Jags job does slightly increase the very low probability that the Jags go Fields at #1.

IF Justin Fields has a very good game (doesn't need to be epic like the game vs. Clemson) AND the Jags hire the former OSU coach then the idea of Fields at #1 will gain a ton of media traction.  Whether realistic or not, ESPN and everyone else will salivate at the chance to discuss it for 4 months.

However, if Fields bombs in the Championship Game and, as reported, the owner Khan wants roster control then we best believe it's Trevor at #1.  Not only that but it turns the Jets #2 pick into a complete wildcard.  They could very realistically do ANY of the following at #2 .... QB Wilson, QB Fields, OT Sewell, trade down.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Urban Meyer taking the Jags job does slightly increase the very low probability that the Jags go Fields at #1.

IF Justin Fields has a very good game (doesn't need to be epic like the game vs. Clemson) AND the Jags hire the former OSU coach then the idea of Fields at #1 will gain a ton of media traction.  Whether realistic or not, ESPN and everyone else will salivate at the chance to discuss it for 4 months.

However, if Fields bombs in the Championship Game and, as reported, the owner Khan wants roster control then we best believe it's Trevor at #1.  Not only that but it turns the Jets #2 pick into a complete wildcard.  They could very realistically do ANY of the following at #2 .... QB Wilson, QB Fields, OT Sewell, trade down.

Zero chance.

He’s going to the Jags because of Lawrence. He’d have been coming here had we the #1 pick. Lawrence is 100x the prospect Fields or Wilson are. Can’t miss.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Zero chance.

He’s going to the Jags because of Lawrence. He’d have been coming here had we the #1 pick. Lawrence is 100x the prospect Fields or Wilson are. Can’t miss.

Honestly, I would love to land Trevor Lawrence but is he a generational, can’t miss prospect? My opinion, I don’t think he is. He’s not a lock to be a great QB likes me people think. He definitely has that potential tho. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Honestly, I would love to land Trevor Lawrence but is he a generational, can’t miss prospect? My opinion, I don’t think he is. He’s not a lock to be a great QB likes me people think. He definitely has that potential tho. 

Definitely the best QB prospect since I’ve been watching the NFL. I can’t see any way that he isn’t at least very good and I’d be surprised if doesn’t end up being elite.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Simple do I think that Lawrence is as GOOD AS Marino and Elway?

I saw both of them and the answer is NO he is not.  Is Lawrence a Great player, yes he is.

But folks have to stop saying that Lawrence is "Generationally Great" and better than everyone in over the last 30 years Great!

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I saw both of them and the answer is NO he is not.  Is Lawrence a Great player, yes he is.

But folks have to stop he is generationally Great and better than everyone in over the last 30 years Great!

Until he proves otherwise you need to put college between great and player..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The over on the National Championship game is 75.  Wow 75.

I'm thinking of taking the over.  IMO a lot of points are going to be scored.  Even if OSU loses, it's still very possible Fields throws 4-5 TD's.  If Fields should throw say 5 TD's and win, Fields fever is going to sweep the country.  If Myer is the Jags HC, I think it is very possible he could be the pick.

I don't see him taking the job if Kahn  is going to be calling all the shots.  If the rumor is true that that Myer is assembling a staff, This could getreal wild.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

It would be amazing if they took him, like Washington and RG3.. Fields lights it up for a year or two, and we get the golden child who turns into a better Andrew Luck. Someone, pray with me. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

But folks have to stop saying that Lawrence is "Generationally Great" and better than everyone in over the last 30 years Great!

Exactly what I’ve been thinking, CB! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

not sure i get the meyer-fields link.  fields transferred to ohio st from georgia after meyer "retired".  

No real direct ties.  Fields’ current coach, Day, is Meyer’s protege.  A year ago, Meyer said Trevor was the best QB because he had a year on Fields.  He has been very complementary of Fields recently though.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

the PR hit may be why Khan saying he handling personell,, Hire Urban, take the PR hit on selecting Fields, let dust settle and then Urban takes over

• Upvote 1