***NFL Super Wildcard Weekend Game Threads***

1 minute ago, hawk said:

This is just embarrassing.  I love it!  Only downside to this game, Baker Mayfield, who is a non factor thus far, is on the winning side.  I can't stand him.

Put baker on the Jets and maybe we would’ve won 3 games this year instead of 2. Guy has an all star team around him, he’s just filling his role. 

Just now, chirorob said:

No.  Everyone talked Josh Allen, but Baker isn't much behind.

I forget if it was more or what, Allen was #1 in the draft, baker #2.  But Baker would have been #1 any of the previous couple years. 

It was a discussion had on this board as a defense of “Darnold was the real number 1 overall” 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hawk said:

This is just embarrassing.  I love it!  Only downside to this game, Baker Mayfield, who is a non factor thus far, is on the winning side.  I can't stand him.

I think Baker has grown up a bit since last year.  The humbling was good for him.

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Put baker on the Jets and maybe we would’ve won 3 games this year instead of 2. Guy has an all star team around him, he’s just filling his role. 

Most young QBs need help until they learn the game.  So did Russell Wilson, they had that D and Beastmode 

16 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Collinsworth trying to talk the Steelers back into this game 

It's his job. Outside of Cleveland ratings are sinking. Nobody else wants to stay up and watch a blowout knowing they have to get up early in the morning for work.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I remember MAC got exec of the year in 2015.  What a Fukkin joke and Idzik getting a ast rounder for Revis made him look smart. 

Lesson is....drafting is number one and Douglas is average so far and Inwont be fooled again. When his picks start becoming real players, I’ll buy in.  

At least 3 of his picks look like players.  Becton, Mims, Hall.  Best Jets draft class since 2007.  So far....I'll take it.  We have no choice.  If he doesn't work out, the next GM the Johnson's hire is a guaranteed failure.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

Soooo much truth to this.  I only wish they could've been playing different teams and both be on the receiving end of this kind of slaughter.  I'm sure the Browns will do right by us though, in getting blown out by the Chiefs next week.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

At least 3 of his picks look like players.  Becton, Mims, Hall.  Best Jets draft class since 2007.  So far....I'll take it.  We have no choice.  If he doesn't work out, the next GM the Johnson's hire is a guaranteed failure.

Those 3 picks and the Jamal fleecing are his best moves to date. I also think creating the amount of cap space he has for this offseason, where most teams will be looking to shed money, is nothing to sneeze at. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Can we forget today’s nightmare and get Tomlin in the deal?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

You mean the same dumb ass who sat most of his starters last week agaist a division rival the Browns and let them in the playoffs...and now are getting their asses kicked by that same team and probably gonna lose and get elimanated? You mean that guy?

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Soooo much truth to this.  I only wish they could've been playing different teams and both be on the receiving end of this kind of slaughter.  I'm sure the Browns will do right by us though, in getting blown out by the Chiefs next week.

Yes, KC should win in a landslide.  But I'm sure Cleveland fans will consider the season a success regardless after tonight should they hold on.

They also are helping me win my charity bet with @Losmeister so that's nice.  

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'd pump the brakes on that blowout talk. It isn't unrealistic that the Browns could go to KC and beat them too. I'm one of few who believes KC is overrated. 

2 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

Embarrassing that Allen, Mayfield and Jackson are playing like this and our starters sucks....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Allen and Jackson have been Great.  Mayfield has been a role player, nothing more.  

11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Those 3 picks and the Jamal fleecing are his best moves to date. I also think creating the amount of cap space he has for this offseason, where most teams will be looking to shed money, is nothing to sneeze at. 

Agreed.... but MAC and Idzik both had some good moves, cap space etc. But at the end of the day, we need players drafted to play.  Douglas looks like a real GM but let’s see what this draft brings.  So tired of BPA bringing us D Lineman like Leo.   

3 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

I'd pump the brakes on that blowout talk. It isn't unrealistic that the Browns could go to KC and beat them too. I'm one of few who believes KC is overrated. 

To clarify, I'm not necessarily predicting a blowout, as much as rooting for one (although I do find it highly unlikely they win next week).  As I mentioned, I would've liked some way for both the Browns and Steelers to lose this weekend, but alas, that was never really an option.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed.... but MAC and Idzik both had some good moves, cap space etc. But at the end of the day, we need players drafted to play.  Douglas looks like a real GM but let’s see what this draft brings.  So tired of BPA bringing us D Lineman like Leo.   

Well luckily we have a lot of draft capital the next 2 drafts.  There will be no hiding it:  Either Douglas can draft or he can't, and we're about to find out very quickly.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, KC should win in a landslide.  But I'm sure Cleveland fans will consider the season a success regardless after tonight should they hold on.

They also are helping me win my charity bet with @Losmeister so that's nice.  

Oh, I'm sure they will, and can't even blame them for that, even in spite of my dislike for the Browns.

If nothing else, it being such a hysterical shellacking of the Steelers of all teams at least makes their advancement a bit more tolerable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh, I'm sure they will, and can't even blame them for that, even in spite of my dislike for the Browns.

If nothing else, it being such a hysterical shellacking of the Steelers of all teams at least makes their advancement a bit more tolerable.

Much like I'm sure some were rooting for us in 2010 when we took down the Patriots.  "Underdog story" + lots of people hate the team getting beat + having it come at the hands of a divisional team is fun.

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

They barely squeaked by a 7 win team with a guy signed off the street....wow

much like Steelers they feasted on weak comp all year and will surely be easily bounced next week

Okay, but the point is Brady still had a very good season and beat the Redskins in the WC round. Agreed though that the Bucs will likely lose to the Packers next week barring a complete meltdown by GB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Much like I'm sure some were rooting for us in 2010 when we took down the Patriots.  "Underdog story" + lots of people hate the team getting beat + having it come at the hands of a divisional team is fun.

Yep, that pretty well covers it.

I similarly also didn't blame any other team fans that thought the Jets were obnoxious in those years, and not exactly rooting for them when they weren't playing other teams they hated more.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed. He has to keep it up. Draft capital and hitting on a franchise left tackle is a good start in my book. Definitely made some mistakes as well. Robby/free agents, the kicking situation, a lot of injuries on the rookie class. Speaking of Leo, even though he had a good year, I still think Jd made the right move in trading him. 

• Upvote 1