***NFL Super Wildcard Weekend Game Threads***

Great strategy by Martindale and execution by the defense to take
Henry away from TEN.  They rely on his 5-6+ yards a carry to get
their offense going.  Also good bounce back from Jackson, it
looked like he was going to "pee down his leg" again in the
playoffs

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yeah strange choice. Playing scared. If you cant get 2 yards with the game on the line you have 0 confidence in your offense.

And if ravens get a td here its game over.

Entire sequence from 2nd and 2 was bad.  I have no issue with the throw on 2nd and 2, but when they missed that, run Henry 2x to pick up 2 yards.  Punt was a cowardly decision.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Offensive pass interference.

Pick on Willie Snead call it what you want. 

Rule 8, Section 5, Article 2 (Forward Pass, Backward Pass, Fumble)

Prohibited Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air. Acts that are pass interference include, but are not limited to:

(e) cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball.

Seems simple enough right? The important wording in this portion of the pass interference rule is "making contact with him." The tricky part is it is still completely a judgement call by the ref. In most cases (even though we know these plays are designed to create the pick effect), the question that arises is intent. If there is contact, was the contact intentional? Did the receiver knowingly cut off a defender to spring someone else open? Was the receiver just running a route and things got congested?

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Ravens completely sold out to stop the run all day.  They have been practically daring titans to pass all day.

And Tannehill is whining about not making the Pro Bowl. Go win the game with your arm if you want to be included in the elite tier. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Titans couldnt ask for much more than the ball with 4 minutes to win the game....they havent done anything in 3 quarters lucky to be in the game at all.

Well, they could ask to have the ball at the Ravens 40, down 4 in the 4th quarter.  Needing two yards for a first.  Oh, wait....

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

People insist on calling tannehill a franchise QB but he’s nothing more than a good game manager 

I dont think a lot of people look at him as a franchise QB.   I think he is a lot like Alex Smith was.   Smart, mobile, accurate, but not an MVP type player.

Consequently he also doesn't cost 35 million a year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

And Tannehill is whining about not making the Pro Bowl. Go win the game with your arm if you want to be included in the elite tier. 

Really?  He was bithcing abou the Pro Bowl.  While he was getting ready for a playoff game.  I am sure Deshaun Watson would gladly trade his Pro Bowl spot for a chance to play today.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I dont think a lot of people look at him as a franchise QB.   I think he is a lot like Alex Smith was.   Smart, mobile, accurate, but not an MVP type player.

Consequently he also doesn't cost 35 million a year.

Nope.  I'm wrong.  He's 30 to 34 on his current contract.