***NFL Super Wildcard Weekend Game Threads***

Just now, nycdan said:

To be fair, they lost Conklin this season.  I have to believe that has played a part in it.  Henry did great in the regular season, but BAL is a good run-stopping D and Conklin was his best blocker last year.

Well the same thing happened last playoffs. Henry got shut down and that was it for them. Tannehill gets paid 29M a year and is whining about pro bowls. And then throws a pick with the game in the line.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Stock up: Martindale, Staley and Daboll.

Stock down:  Arthur Smith and Matt Eberflus.

Not sure how Daboll's stock is up... he made some really strange calls. They ran the ball 3 straight times for a 3 and out at one point. That's an Gase type of drive. His gameplan was strange in that the Bills tried running it more than they have since early in the season. The Colts defense is better against the run than the pass. 

I don't think his stock dropped, but I don't the Colts game increases it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Well the same thing happened last playoffs. Henry got shut down and that was it for them. Tannehill gets paid 29M a year and is whining about pro bowls. And then throws a pick with the game in the line.

Yeah I guess.

Henry had 69 and 1 TD against KC which was okay but not enough to overcome that offense of course.   But he did run for 195 against BAL last year.  Apparently they remembered that LOL.

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Jackson had more yards rushing today than the top RB Henry.  Let that sink in.  Guess I gotta give Wink his props for shutting Henry down.  But that is a classic playoff choke by henry.  No wonder Vrabel was lambasting him on the sideline.

It wasn’t a choke. The Ravens defensive line destroyed the Titans O-Line.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Jackson had more yards rushing today than the top RB Henry.  Let that sink in.  Guess I gotta give Wink his props for shutting Henry down.  But that is a classic playoff choke by henry.  No wonder Vrabel was lambasting him on the sideline.

Vrabel's lambasting the guy who has been the reason he still has a job is amusing. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Stock up: Martindale, Staley and Daboll.

Stock down:  Arthur Smith and Matt Eberflus.

I’m not super down on Eberflus.  The Bills offense is explosive and I thought the Colts did an admirable job trying to contain it.  That loss is alllll on Reich.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Vrabel's lambasting the guy who has been the reason he still has a job is amusing. 

I know.  I get it.  But Vrabel has something most coaches don't have: Super Bowl winning player cred.  Henry needed to step up big today and did not.  Okay, I give Wink his credit.  No discussion.  But as a player with the Pats, I could why Vrabel was pissed.

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not sure how Daboll's stock is up... he made some really strange calls. They ran the ball 3 straight times for a 3 and out at one point. That's an Gase type of drive. His gameplan was strange in that the Bills tried running it more than they have since early in the season. The Colts defense is better against the run than the pass. 

That's a good observation. I remember Bills fans hating him the first few years and wanting him fired at the end of every season because of bonehead play calling but with the addition of Diggs, seems like he/they can't do anything wrong this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Was really more of a flippant comment based on who won and lost games this weekend.  One good or bad game should not change anyone's view of a candidate with several years body of work.

But I will give credit to him/Bills offense for the 95 yard drive in the last two minutes of the first half.  We would have run the ball three times, trying to pick up one first down and run out the clock.  That drive changed the game. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PS17 said:

How do you punt on 4th and 2 at the 40 with 4 minutes left...

Terrible decision.  

This is the first time in our database (complete back to 1994) that a team in the playoffs punted on 4th and 2 from this field position, down by one score in the 4th Quarter https://stathead.com/tiny/XA69p
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Terrible decision.  

This is the first time in our database (complete back to 1994) that a team in the playoffs punted on 4th and 2 from this field position, down by one score in the 4th Quarter https://stathead.com/tiny/XA69p

Truly one of the strangest coaching decisions I've seen.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1