***NFL Super Wildcard Weekend Game Threads***

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Truly one of the strangest coaching decisions I've seen.

It was a terrible decision, but not the reason why the Titans lost.  Ravens beat them up physically over the last 45 minutes.  If not for a slow start by Jackson and the Ravens, it would not have been close.

• Upvote 2

This game shows why the Jets should:

1) Not keep Darnold. Is he better than Tannehill? He hasn't shown so. And Tannehill is the poster child for why the Jets should try to Rehabilitate Darnold. I don't see the Titans winning a SB with Tannehill.  If Henry is bottled up, he can't pass his way to a big win and it's a passing league now. Which brings me to 

2) Not draft a RB early (before round 4).  It's too easy to shut down a running team and without a top flight QB and passing game.  The best teams in the NFL year in and year out, the playoff teams this year, and SB teams over the past 20 year are teams with top QBs, not teams with top RBs.  Drafting Harris or Etienne would be a huge mistake. Build a team that can run no matter the back (SF), don't build around a RB and a position where players have a 4-5 year shelf life. Draft until you find a franchise QB and build around him . QBs have a 12-15 year shelf life. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Give me Martindale or Staley.

Agree, both put on a very good show this weekend.

Feel like a week ago it felt Martindale was massively in the running and it’s all been very, very quiet ever since. Could be a quiet interview like Brady was but seems odd.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

4th and 4 and trubisky runs out of bounds.  Did anyone tell him this is a playoff game and he is playing for his career in Chicago?

I like Nagy going for it there, but Trubisky has to either throw it past the sticks, or that is a spot where the QB need to turn it up the field, take the hit and try to get the yardage.

• Upvote 2