That Seattle Draft Pick

i didn't realize seattle lost.  who woud've thought that the jets would be getting such a high first round pick when they made the trade.  seattle was rolling at the time.  their defense wasn't that great but it was still early and there was every reason to believe they'd turn it around a bit.

12 hours ago, PepPep said:

It's really early but if we end up picking at 22 I think we'd have a legit shot at Rashod Bateman. Bateman and Mims on the outside with Crowder in the slot and Herndon at TE along with whatever additional WR we add via FA would give whoever is playing QB some great weapons to throw to.    

I think Bateman spends majority of his time in the slot. Sign Robinson, draft Bateman. Bring Bateman along somewhat slow next year and then he can take over for Crowder in 2022.

Imagine...we develop a player like that where we don’t have to count on him to start immediately. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

We wouldn't be too out of range in regards to trading back in the teens if player "xyz" were to drop. Hopefully that name is Kyle Pitts, Waddle or a pass rusher.

I’m actually thinking the opposite. We were kind of expecting to pick around 28. Jets could potentially trade back from 22 to 27 or 28 and try to get either 2nd or a late 1st round pick next year. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i didn't realize seattle lost.  who woud've thought that the jets would be getting such a high first round pick when they made the trade.  seattle was rolling at the time.  their defense wasn't that great but it was still early and there was every reason to believe they'd turn it around a bit.

I think what really made this happen was the matchup with the Rams. This was the third time they faced each other and the Rams seem to know Russell Wilson pretty well. If it was Seattle vs Chicago or the WFT yesterday, we wouldn’t be in this situation and Seattle would still be playing next week.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually we should be thanking Jamal. He knocked out that second string QB. Geoff made some big plays to win the game. 

Exactly what I said to my brother.  Either way, a heroic effort by goff playing with pins in this throwing hand thumb!

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think what really made this happen was the matchup with the Rams. This was the third time they faced each other and the Rams seem to know Russell Wilson pretty well. If it was Seattle vs Chicago or the WFT yesterday, we wouldn’t be in this situation and Seattle would still be playing next week.

Good point. Seattle couldn’t stop a nose bleed all season and so it doesn’t take much when the offense has a bad day. Good for adams since the plays he didn’t make may have cost them the game.

56 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You’re right — I’m thinking Polite: the one who got cut in his first summer after being used with pick #68. I get confused with these guys who show so little after the team uses good picks on them. 

Lol yeah, there have been way too many of them! Hopefully Zuniga shows something , at least he made it through training camp!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Lol yeah, there have been way too many of them! Hopefully Zuniga shows something , at least he made it through training camp!

In fairness I'll be Polite would've made it through training camp if Maccagnan was still the GM. Particularly if it was still the Bowles/Macc combo. G.Williams may be vastly overrated as a DC but he doesn't know literally nothing, and can probably spot a combo of crap attitude without the talent to overcome it.

Also Zuniga and every rookie got a major benefit of the doubt because of covid. Hopefully that is warranted and he wakes up next year. He was invisible in 2020 and, like Polite, that's a double indictment given the nonexistence of serious (or even mildly semi-serious) edge rushers on the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, undertow said:

I never root for injuries but if Wilson gets hurt for any period of time next years pick could be top ten...with the exception of a few players the Hawks aren't very good especially in the trenches. 

I’ve been saying the same throughout this season.  With Seattle’s lack of draft resources and cap space, I think that draft pick will only improve for us next year.  And, yes, throw in an injury to Wilson and we could be looking at another Houston-Miami draft pick situation.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I’ve been saying the same throughout this season.  With Seattle’s lack of draft resources and cap space, I think that draft pick will only improve for us next year.  And, yes, throw in an injury to Wilson and we could be looking at another Houston-Miami draft pick situation.

Yeah no resources, tougher schedule, a tough division that will improve, and I think Lockett is a free agent.  Really not a fan of Seattles current situation without Wilson they are a 3-5 win team imo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah no resources, tougher schedule, a tough division that will improve, and I think Lockett is a free agent.  Really not a fan of Seattles current situation without Wilson they are a 3-5 win team imo.

Yup the 2022 first rounder should be even better for us 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, undertow said:

I never root for someone to get hurt, and I don't want Wilson to he injured.

If he got hurt, Seattle craters like Dallas and thats a top 6 pick

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I never root for someone to get hurt, and I don't want Wilson to he injured.

If he got hurt, Seattle craters like Dallas and thats a top 6 pick

Yeah that's a great comparison I view both teams very top heavy roster wise who can't afford injuries.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:20 PM, Integrity28 said:

I legit thought we’d be picking closer to 28. This is great news. Kinda changes my outlook on R1 strategy.

Very good OL and WR talent in mid-late first. 

There’s very good OL talent available in 3rd round. Those picks at 22 and 33 must be focused on a CB or an edge. I wouldn’t mind adding a WR like Bateman or Rondale Moore. 

• Upvote 1