Jamal dealing with multiple injuries

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is true....also the players he chooses to invest the money he would have spent on Adams.....in totality were talking about 5 players...I'll take my chances building that way rather then paying a safety over 20 mil.

Yeah we could get another Ryan Kaliel, Perriman, and Desir with that 20 mil.

I would have done the trade but this premature celebration as if unloading an all pro is some kind of coup is a little much.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah we could get another Ryan Kaliel, Perriman, and Desir with that 20 mil.

I would have done the trade but this premature celebration as if unloading an all pro is some kind of coup is a little much.

I hear ya history says we wont make the right decisions but we have so many holes this is really the only way to build the team IMO...especially if we are drafting another QB....I think people are excited this may fast track the process. 

• Upvote 1

Jamal is one of the best defensive football players in the NFL.

If rooting for him to be injured makes you feel better, so be it -no problem with me.

But....we had a top 10 pass rusher on our team and we traded him away -which is Fine, but...

PLEASE don't tell me we need to draft an "edge"

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly if I were them I would try and trade him and get back some draft capital.  Obviously they will never get back Close to what they gave up but he will cause them headaches soon I guarantee it 

I don’t mind sending a third this year over to them. 

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If rooting for him to be injured makes you feel better, so be it -no problem with me.

But....we had a top 10 pass rusher on our team and we traded him away -which is Fine, but...

Is he? He's really two players. One is an excellent designated situational pass rusher, the other is a very average at best safety If you take into account both, he is not one the best defensive players in the NFL

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, morny said:

His ego be taking a beating after this

That game was a sh*tshow for Jamal Adams! He was literally abused by Cooper Kupp, and their TE, he had an interception go right through his hands, he missed a tackle that went for another 20 yards, he was clearly a liability in coverage & was involved in 2 of the biggest plays for the Rams who were clearly struggling on offense. 

As you guys heard during the broadcast, John Schneider might be moving on & a new GM who had nothing to do with this trade if he's smart will no way make this tool the highest paid safety in the league. If Schneider moves on so will the Seahawks from Adams. This trade will go down as one of the worst ever (top 5), 2 firsts & a 3rd for 1 year of service & a horrible playoff performance. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Huh?

Top 10 pass rusher?  

You do realize that if you take your starting SS and move him to edge rusher on passing downs (which Adams is obviously good at) you lose a starter on your back end thereby making the rest of the team worse.  

We do need an edge rusher, a 250+lb OLB/DE who actually plays edge rusher.

Not a SS who cant cover and who we need to blitz in order for him to have an impact.  

Adams is a good player, but he simply isnt worth 2 first round picks.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Huh?

Top 10 pass rusher?  

You do realize that if you take your starting SS and move him to edge rusher on passing downs (which Adams is obviously good at) you lose a starter on your back end thereby making the rest of the team worse.  

We do need an edge rusher, a 250+lb OLB/DE who actually plays edge rusher.

Not a SS who cant cover and who we need to blitz in order for him to have an impact.  

Adams is a good player, but he simply isnt worth 2 first round picks.

Joe. Douglas wanted a 1st and Zack Martin for Jamal. He wouldn't take less. So Douglas disagrees with you about Adams worth 

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Would still be the best player on the Jets...

If the Jets still had Jamal Adams they would likely be drafting somewhere around #5, wouldn’t have an extra 1st and 3rd round pick, and right now would be dealing with all sorts of media BS about extending him for $20 million per year, or more likely watching him hold out. The trade wasn’t just a home run, it was a grand slam.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

That game was a sh*tshow for Jamal Adams! He was literally abused by Cooper Kupp, and their TE, he had an interception go right through his hands, he missed a tackle that went for another 20 yards, he was clearly a liability in coverage & was involved in 2 of the biggest plays for the Rams who were clearly struggling on offense. 

As you guys heard during the broadcast, John Schneider might be moving on & a new GM who had nothing to do with this trade if he's smart will no way make this tool the highest paid safety in the league. If Schneider moves on so will the Seahawks from Adams. This trade will go down as one of the worst ever (top 5), 2 firsts & a 3rd for 1 year of service & a horrible playoff performance. 

There's no way they don't bring him back for next year.

He had a very up and down game.   Some bad plays, 3 pass breakups.  He isn't a bad player, he is a pain in the a$$ who is not worth the money he thinks he is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, juxsta said:

Torn labrum and broken fingers last week ?? 

Would have never noticed with all this energy he had last week in the room....

https://youtu.be/F2el3LWZ4pA

His arm could have fallen off and he could have two broken legs, but he would still be doing cartwheels on the field after a tackle at the line of scrimmage.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Seattle gets multiple surgeries and we get multiple picks. 

he said he did t have range of motion on his tackles but didn’t want to use that as an excuse...by brining it up you try to use it as an excuse. 

good riddance. 

Oh, is that why he laid that cheap shot on Wolford yesterday? He should have been penalized and ejected, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Oh, is that why he laid that cheap shot on Wolford yesterday? He should have been penalized and ejected, IMHO.

How about the refs PICKING UP THE FLAG? This is what drives fans crazy! You know WHY they picked that flag up right? Because it's Jamal f*cking Adams! He's bullsh*tted his way into NFL royalty no different than when Brady screams for a holding call! 

How many BS roughing the passer calls did the Jets get this year where the announcers were like, wow, I really didn't see anything there? Now ask yourself, how many times were the Jets called for RTP & the flag was picked up & the call changed? And that was on BS calls! Not only was it RTP, he put a SHOULDER PAD right on the side of Wolfords helmet & might have broken his neck! So the QB is on the ground obviously in pain, the refs throw a flag & one of the refs runs in & says oh no, not a penalty? 

The f*cking player bias in this league needs to stop, if that was Foley that made that hit, you think their picking that flag up? Replace Wolford with Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers laying on the ground looking like he might have been paralyzed & tell me the refs pick up the f*cking flag! Just pisses me off something terrible! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

How about the refs PICKING UP THE FLAG? This is what drives fans crazy! You know WHY they picked that flag up right? Because it's Jamal f*cking Adams! He's bullsh*tted his way into NFL royalty no different than when Brady screams for a holding call! 

How many BS roughing the passer calls did the Jets get this year where the announcers were like, wow, I really didn't see anything there? Now ask yourself, how many times were the Jets called for RTP & the flag was picked up & the call changed? And that was on BS calls! Not only was it RTP, he put a SHOULDER PAD right on the side of Wolfords helmet & might have broken his neck! So the QB is on the ground obviously in pain, the refs throw a flag & one of the refs runs in & says oh no, not a penalty? 

The f*cking player bias in this league needs to stop, if that was Foley that made that hit, you think their picking that flag up? Replace Wolford with Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers laying on the ground looking like he might have been paralyzed & tell me the refs pick up the f*cking flag! Just pisses me off something terrible! 

It was all part of the TANK PLAN! The refs were in on it.

secret lebron james GIF by Powerade  Shhhhhhh!

• Haha 1

I won't be a steal until we see what JD does with the picks.  If he gets 2 above average starters out of the 3 picks then it's a good trade.  If he drafts a couple average players or busts then he traded a perennial all pro for an underwhelming return.

Wrong again! The picks that are made are independent from the trade itself. Picks are capital, and Douglas got insane value for the most overrated player in the league.

Put it this way: Do you think Seattle will feel better by one iota if the Jets’ picks bust? Of course not. Their fans are calling for their GM’s head right now. This trade was a colossal mistake for that franchise.
  • Upvote 1