Jamal dealing with multiple injuries

Rhg1084

Is he? He's really two players. One is an excellent designated situational pass rusher, the other is a very average at best safety If you take into account both, he is not one the best defensive players in the NFL

All of his current injuries (and the prior ones that he’s missed games for) are evidence for why it’s problematic trying to use Adams as an ILB/pass rusher hybrid. He’s undersized and gets beaten around easily.

He won’t last very long in the league being used like this. Yet it’s the ONLY way to use him to get any productivity.

And now Seattle has to decide whether to pay this guy $18M or so per year. Good luck!
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All of his current injuries (and the prior ones that he’s missed games for) are evidence for why it’s problematic trying to use Adams as an ILB/pass rusher hybrid. He’s undersized and gets beaten around easily.

He won’t last very long in the league being used like this. Yet it’s the ONLY way to use him to get any productivity.

And now Seattle has to decide whether to pay this guy $18M or so per year. Good luck!

No backsies! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I am far from a JA fan but I thought he played a good game.  Seattle's DL couldn't stop the running game which made play action effective.

I think I read that Schneider has not reupped on his contract.  The article speculated that maybe Schneider wanted to move on.

If so, you have to wonder about the JA trade.  Seattle is a split authority team, both report to the owner.

You have to wonder if Schneider, whose paid to think about next year and the year after, didn't want to pay the price for JA.  He is certainly hamstrung on upcoming personnel decisions.  Both the OL and DL are relatively poor.  How do you fix that with so many big contracts already in place.  Just an example, but it seems to me Bobby Wagner is past his prime and can't justify the $ he gets.  But who can take on that problem.

Think the Hawks are headed downhill.  Wilson will win some games that no one else can win.  But that won't translate to playoff wins.

1 hour ago, addage said:

I am far from a JA fan but I thought he played a good game.  Seattle's DL couldn't stop the running game which made play action effective.

I think I read that Schneider has not reupped on his contract.  The article speculated that maybe Schneider wanted to move on.

If so, you have to wonder about the JA trade.  Seattle is a split authority team, both report to the owner.

You have to wonder if Schneider, whose paid to think about next year and the year after, didn't want to pay the price for JA.  He is certainly hamstrung on upcoming personnel decisions.  Both the OL and DL are relatively poor.  How do you fix that with so many big contracts already in place.  Just an example, but it seems to me Bobby Wagner is past his prime and can't justify the $ he gets.  But who can take on that problem.

Think the Hawks are headed downhill.  Wilson will win some games that no one else can win.  But that won't translate to playoff wins.

I thought Adams played poorly. He was lucky to still be on the field after hitting Wolford in the head. Then he and his teammates let Akers dominate the match. He was in a position to make a play on the ball when Goff underthrew it when targeting Kupp and instead of breaking up the pass at the very least, fell down and let Kupp complete a 44 yard catch that was arguably the catalyst for the Rams on offence.

18 hours ago, Pac said:

I won't be a steal until we see what JD does with the picks.  If he gets 2 above average starters out of the 3 picks then it's a good trade.  If he drafts a couple average players or busts then he traded a perennial all pro for an underwhelming return.

2 firsts, 1 third, plus 1 extra salary in the $18-20MM/year Adams was then seeking. 

I’m not sure it’s a bad trade even if the 3 draft picks flop lol. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, addage said:

lol.  Jamal is supposed to be stout against the run, yet Akers rushed for 131 yards on 28 carries, a big chunk of which came because of a key missed tackle by Adams himself.

Adams is supposed to be a pass rusher, but he finished with 2 tackles and 0 sacks.  

Two 1sts and a 3rd.  lmao.