Seahawks board observations lol

HighPitch

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Interesting points here, especially about the advanced concepts that the Rams present with their interior linebackers.

Which makes me ponder...

Quinnen Williams and Fatukasi with CJ Mosely and Hewitt behind them sounds like a strong middle of the defense.  A lot of 'ifs' in that but it's one of the few areas that shouldn't be a concern at all going into next season.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Which makes me ponder...

Quinnen Williams and Fatukasi with CJ Mosely and Hewitt behind them sounds like a strong middle of the defense.  A lot of 'ifs' in that but it's one of the few areas that shouldn't be a concern at all going into next season.

We need to resign Maye and sign a legit #1 Cover Corner

Hall and Austin are ok as second CBs or nickel

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We need to resign Maye and sign a legit #1 Cover Corner

Hall and Austin are ok as second CBs or nickel

Don't forget abut Poole or count out Guidry.  We could absolutely use a CB#1 but we surprisingly have some younger players with potential and Poole is a nice vet to have.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just to recap, here are two interesting threads over there that are worth checking out. Guy seems to now know a lot about his favorite team.

Pete or Brian: You can't have both:  https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172086

Stay positive Pete can fix this offensive line: https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172069

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Don't forget abut Poole or count out Guidry.  We could absolutely use a CB#1 but we surprisingly have some younger players with potential and Poole is a nice vet to have.

Agree.  We have a lot of decent to ok #2 CBs or nickels.  I want a an actual #1 lock down CB tho they obviously don’t grow on trees

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Agree.  We have a lot of decent to ok #2 CBs or nickels.  I want a an actual #1 lock down CB tho they obviously don’t grow on trees

Watching Jalen Ramsey yesterday made me miss Revis a lot.

But I do think you can approach it the other way, by having a great pass rush and good CBs, which we might have if at least one of Hall, Austin or Guidry develops a bit more.  So I do think we have to spend one of those picks between #22-24 and #34 on a defensive player, either Edge or CB.  Depends how the draft falls, but I can't see us locking in on 3 straight offensive picks no matter what.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just to recap, here are two interesting threads over there that are worth checking out. Guy seems to now know a lot about his favorite team.

Pete or Brian: You can't have both:  https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172086

Stay positive Pete can fix this offensive line: https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172069

I love the guy saying who they should draft with the 22nd pick

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Seriously? I really thought the last of you Jamal guys had jumped that ship throughout this season. Props for hanging on man. 

Sea is literally a yearly playoff team and minimally contender. There is no concrete evidence you can even point to to assert that claim. How many winning TDs did he score? How many game ending INTs? Red zone INTs that stopped a TD? 

Know what, nevermind.  This argument was dead 6 months ago. 

You're right, you win. Jamal Adams is the difference maker that gets you to the playoffs. 

All this aside look at the seahawks last 4 or 5 draft picks at late Rd 1

When you're drafting Germaine ifedi etc it's not a huge price for pay 

The fans have not been getting anything from these picks in fact this team takes guys about a round early than other teams would 

As for the prez, he had 4 passes defended last night playing on a shoulder needing surgery and also a hand injury. He played well in coverage. He broke their starting qbs neck

Russell Wilson kind of was the reason they lost, or maybe their wr didn't show up. The problem was on offense. The seahawks like Jamal 

He's an impact player 

• Thumb Down 4

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The fans have not been getting anything from these picks in fact this team takes guys about a round early than other teams would 

As for the prez, he had 4 passes defended last night playing on a shoulder needing surgery and also a hand injury. He played well in coverage. He broke their starting qbs neck

Russell Wilson kind of was the reason they lost, or maybe their wr didn't show up. The problem was on offense. The seahawks like Jamal 

He's an impact player 

I said that in another thread.  

He had an up and down game.  Passes defensed.  Also tackles missed. and gave up a lot of passing yards early in the game.

Just now, David Harris said:

Haha that second link IMO was started by a Jets troll- 

Pretending not to remember how much they gave up for Jamal Adams and then being devastated when the other posters inform him ? 

Not sure, could be I guess. If so it is brilliant imo.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I thought that for a second too.  It was the guy who started the thread in an attempt to be the "voice of reason" who didn't know that they had traded any firsts for Jamal, let alone two, lol.

Had to be a painful reminder.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Which makes me ponder...

CJ Mosley hasn't played in 2 years.  I'll be surprised if he makes it 2 weeks next season.

CJ took the money and ran.  Who could blame him?

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's an impact player 

Sorry Bitonti

Seattle got absolutely fleeced by this trade

We unloaded a disgruntled overrated self aggrandized  player who would not have added anything to our 2020 team

He will be up for. a huge LT contract soon. Good riddance!

Joe Douglas will utilize the 3 draft picks wisely

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Credit to the Steelers traveling fan base. Never seen anything like them at MetLife out numbering Jet fans (or at least felt that way).

2005 i was stuck in a hot air balloon in Az with some big broad from pittsburgh gloating about the playoffs. tossing her wouldve sent me and the fam into the troposphere so that option was out.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Lol this is a great line. Rationalizing that the 3rd rounder is pretty much s 4th. Its not, especially when molly rottencrotch is still on the board and youre dying to take her 

They gave up two firsts, a third, and Bradley McDougald. They got back Jamal and a fourth.

The third pick will be later in the round and the fourth will be second in the round (Jets) so that swap is almost a wash.

• Haha 1

Strange board from what I have seen from the Hawks all year Wilson is all they really have and every post is trashing him and wanting to trade him....and no topics on Adams besides a few saying he should be defensive player of the year. lol  Also mostly positive Shotty posts and negative Carrol posts....maybe I just didn't watch them enough but I basically disagree with it all. lol

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

You’ve been taking notes from the best on JN.   But sh*te those Seattle fans are gullible 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

He's an impact player 

Impact for the other team, most of the rams passing game came against him.

On plays he is not getting to the QB he is a massive liability.  Amazing you have fallen for this guys shtick.  He creates no turnovers, is a huge liability in the pass game and only does something nice when unblocked

Your drafting point logic is beyond stupid.

We have had some bad drafts thus draft picks are not at all important.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172069

"I was trying to talk everyone else down, but damn now how could they do this??? This years 1 and 3, and next years 1. Who made this trade Kevin Costner?"

waterworld slapping GIF

Mariner Costner doesn't make that trade. Postman Costner? Tin Cup Costner? Maybe. But not the Mariner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your reminder of the following Jamal Adams stats from the 2020 season:

• 0 INT's
  • 3 Passes Deflected
  • 59 Solo Tackles
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • Completion % allowed:  78.3 (25th worst of any defensive player in the NFL)
  • Yards per target allowed:  9.5 (33rd worst)
  • QB Rating against:  106.3 (91st worst)

And keep in mind that his 9.5 sacks this season required 98 blitz attempts, 7th most in the NFL.  For comparison purposes, T.J. Watt blitzed 97 times, but got 15.0 Sacks.  Watt also had 1 INT and 7 Pass Deflections, plus 2 Forced Fumbles.

And unlike Watt, when Adams failed to get to the QB, he left the secondary position he was leaving exposed.  Hence a big reason why the Seattle defense allowed the 2nd most pass yards and tied for the most passing first downs allowed in the league this year.  

Two firsts and a 3rd, baby!  Pay that man his $18M per!

Theres a $20 million dollar resume.

If that really is the case, I should be able to get @10 mil, would take $5 mil