Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets face it, he gets an extraordinary amount of love on this site, for having done very little. His 1st draft to date was average at best, and his free agency performance stunk, failed to really impr

We don’t need to be so polarizing. He has made some good moves and some that did not work out. The main thing is, can he learn from his mistakes? He is the most qualified GM we have had in a long time

this mf said Douglaus

Posted Images

Except for Idzik and Macc, you can argue that most GM's get a few things right.  What makes a good GM is consistency year to year.

The best you can argue for JD is that there is hope.

His FA signings were mediocre to poor.  But he was pretty clearly buying time with the intent to keep a few and let the majority go.  How do you grade that?

His top 2 draft picks are contributors  For the rest, we have to wait out the 3 year evaluation period to see how it ends up.  Again, hope but no clear answer.

With a team as bad as the Jets, it's hard to make a visible dent in a year.

My answer is that JD is the only game in town.  So you might as well be positive and root for him.  Cause, who else is there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

LOL at this post. Becton was the best rookie LT this season, yes, even after Wrifs. Wrifs mostly played at RT, btw. And he has Tom Brady as his QB. Becton has been better, period. 

Writing off Mims after an injured rookie season? Mims was actually among the best rookie WR's, all things considered. Maybe not a WR1, but at least a WR2.

Mann cooled off, but he started the season well. Let's see what happens. 

Hall was good. A steal in the 6th round. 

Perine looks to be another Powell, potentially, which is not bad.

Zuniga needs more time. Same with Ashytn Davis and Cameron Clark.

Fant and Mcgovern picked it up as the season progressed. Same with Von Roten. These free agents were never meant to be long-term mainstays necessarily. Most were depth. 

I never wrote off Mims, but he wasn't special. He isn't even top 10 among WRs in his class.

Jerry Jeudy, Cee Dee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool, Gabriel Davis, Darnell Mooney, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault and Michael Pittman were all better.

QBs had a passer rating of 97 against Bryce Hall and completed 71% of their attempts. He also gave up 400 yards in 8 games. Those are below average numbers.

Fant is being paid like a top 10 Right tackle. He is overpaid.

Tristan Wirfs played better, and stayed healthy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

I never wrote off Mims, but he wasn't special. He isn't even top 10 among WRs in his class.

Jerry Jeudy, Cee Dee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool, Gabriel Davis, Darnell Mooney, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault and Michael Pittman were all better.

QBs had a passer rating of 97 against Bryce Hall and completed 71% of their attempts. He also gave up 400 yards in 8 games. Those are below average numbers.

Fant is being paid like a top 10 Right tackle. He is overpaid.

Tristan Wirfs played better, and stayed healthy.

Wirfs was a RT, Becton was a LT and played better. Saying otherwise doesn't make it so.

Fant's problem is being not so great at run blocking, his pass blocking isn't bad. Not a bad signing by any means and easily cuttable in order to find someone better.

Even if those WR's were better, doesn't make Mims bad. Plus, Mims was dealing with an injury all season. Still a good pick. It just means this WR class was stacked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Grandy said:

He had a decent first draft and free agency, but above all.....

He got us 2 firsts for an egotistical, glorified linebacker with 2 interceptions in 4 years. 

I’m not sure why you all think another gm wouldn’t of gotten that deal. 
 

His first draft has been quite underwhelming and please explain to me what he got in FA right again?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Wirfs was a RT, Becton was a LT and played better. Saying otherwise doesn't make it so.

Fant's problem is being not so great at run blocking, his pass blocking isn't bad. Not a bad signing by any means and easily cuttable in order to find someone better.

Even if those WR's were better, doesn't make Mims bad. Plus, Mims was dealing with an injury all season. Still a good pick. It just means this WR class was stacked.

Being injured makes you a less quality player. Part of the evaluation process is making sure a player can stay on the field. These are two young men. They need to stay healthy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PepPep said:

LOL You should give him a little credit for getting this team into a position where they have lots of draft capitol and lots of cap space. He only has an opportunity to hand-pick a coach because he inherited a coach who deserved to get fired. I mean are you listening to yourself? Gimme a break.  

Tearing down a team doesnt take skill. Idzik did that too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't judge what Douglas is just yet.   I'm optimistic right now, but over the next 4 months we are going to find out if he is going to be any good.

IMO if he doesn't draft a QB at 2, he won't finish his contract

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Being injured makes you a less quality player. Part of the evaluation process is making sure a player can stay on the field. These are two young men. They need to stay healthy 

That aside, Becton was still better than Wirfs this season and also actually played LT. Wirfs was at RT.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can't judge an NFL draft realistically for three years. I'll talk to you then.

You guys critiqued moves mac made in seconds now everyone get a 3 year bye 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

That aside, Becton was still better than Wirfs this season and also actually played LT. Wirfs was at RT.

Where are you drawing this data from? Every stat out there points to wirf being better

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He hasnt been impressive at all so far. But, this off season will be where we have a far better idea of who he is.

 

I can accept the answer this was simply a tear down year and we punted on it to get a better QB and draft capital. 

If this was him actually trying to be better this season...yikes.

 

But we will know far more after this off season. Bring in a solid coach and draft a new QB and another o line prospect high and bring in some talent at WR and I'll be happy.

 

If Darnold is back starting than I wont even bother wasting my time watching next season.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Wirfs was a RT, Becton was a LT and played better. Saying otherwise doesn't make it so.

Fant's problem is being not so great at run blocking, his pass blocking isn't bad. Not a bad signing by any means and easily cuttable in order to find someone better.

Even if those WR's were better, doesn't make Mims bad. Plus, Mims was dealing with an injury all season. Still a good pick. It just means this WR class was stacked.

Wirfs was better than Becton by every metric and was healthier.

Fant is being paid like a top 10 RT and he isn't close to that. As I said before, he is overpaid.

I never said Mims was bad, but he hasn't played above his draft status. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phill1c said:

This false assessment pretty much cripples your main thesis. He MARKEDLY IMPROVED the OL. He didn't make it into an all-pro OL, but it definitely improved significantly, both in opening holes on the ground and in pass protection.

Room for improvement? No doubt. But it went from worst in football to competitive. That's a significant improvement.

This

The OL sucked the beggining of the year.  They had a rookie, and 4 guys who barely knew one another's names.   By the end of the season they were playing very well together.   The 2019 OL sucked

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Wirfs was better than Becton by every metric and was healthier.

Fant is being paid like a top 10 RT and he isn't close to that. As I said before, he is overpaid.

I never said Mims was bad, but he hasn't played above his draft status. 

Becton was a LT that also played better. Wirfs was a RT. Repeating it won't change that.

Fant is overpaid a bit, not gonna lie. He's also far from an awful signing.

Mims did decent for where he was drafted and playing with an injury almost all season and bad QB play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Where are you drawing this data from? Every stat out there points to wirf being better

Drawing it based on Becton actually playing LT, and Wirfs essentially being a RT. Both were great picks, regardless. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Grandy said:

He had a decent first draft and free agency, but above all.....

He got us 2 firsts for an egotistical, glorified linebacker with 2 interceptions in 4 years. 

And gase gone

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dcJet said:

JD's got a tough road ahead.

Top Free Agents not only don't want to play here, but they actually mock us, like Le'Veon sh*thead did.  

Top coaches don't want to come here either because of bad and cheap ownership, so he's limited their too.

It's a tough situation to overcome.  JD has to be almost perfect in the draft.  It's tough.

I don’t think spending money 💰 has ever been an issue with Woody. He won’t overpay for an inexperienced (Rhule) or unsuccessful coach like Gase.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don’t think spending money 💰 has ever been an issue with Woody. He won’t overpay for an inexperienced (Rhule) or unsuccessful coach like Gase.

Its been with JD. He has a cheap reputation. Hence the knickle And diming of robby

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You guys critiqued moves mac made in seconds now everyone get a 3 year bye 

You guys? LOL  I see you didn't respond to my point because it is correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don’t think spending money 💰 has ever been an issue with Woody. He won’t overpay for an inexperienced (Rhule) or unsuccessful coach like Gase.

When you shop at Aldi, you’re never coming home with prime rib in the trunk.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can't judge an NFL draft realistically for three years. I'll talk to you then.

Allow me to adress this? That’s garbage

See chase young Henry Ruggs etc. you don’t need 3 years to show if you can play 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Its been with JD. He has a cheap reputation. Hence the knickle And diming of robby

We weren’t going to win anything this year with or without Robbie! JD is trying to build a winner… It doesn’t mean spending 2/$20 million for a receiver. He was all about accumulating draft picks and Cap Space. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We weren’t going to win anything this year with or without Robbie! JD is trying to build a winner… It doesn’t mean spending 2/$20 million for a receiver. He was all about accumulating draft picks and Cap Space. 

Then let’s throw out the theory of drafting talent if we let em go a few years later 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Then let’s throw out the theory of drafting talent if we let em go a few years later 

Robbie would be going into the second year of a $20 million deal and still will would not have helped us with Sam as a quarterback. Roll the money over keep drafting legitimately talented wide receivers with your new franchise quarterback and prepare for 2022. Put that money towards Alan Robinson and Davis 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Robbie would be going into the second year of a $20 million deal and still will would not have helped us with Sam as a quarterback. Roll the money over keep drafting legitimately talented wide receivers with your new franchise quarterback and prepare for 2022. Put that money towards Alan Robinson and Davis 

With you guys we are always preparing for 2 years from now. You guys are literally never in a win now theory 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

With you guys we are always preparing for 2 years from now. You guys are literally never in a win now theory 

Ok Kev, “you guys” who just want to throw bad money after bad money in players who won’t help. You want more TJ and Mosley? Throw $20 mil at RA and we’re still picking 2nd with $10m less in cap space. 
What’s the definition of insanity again? Doing the same stupid thing with the same results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Allow me to adress this? That’s garbage

See chase young Henry Ruggs etc. you don’t need 3 years to show if you can play 

Unless your name is Sam Darnold.

then you need 10 years 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Allow me to adress this? That’s garbage

See chase young Henry Ruggs etc. you don’t need 3 years to show if you can play 

Henry Ruggs did not have a stellar season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys that posting specific move after specific move truly don’t get it. 
 

Joe Douglas took over and in 1 year we have the most assets in the NFL and most draft picks. 
 

His first draft he moved up and down like I have never seen from any of our GMs. No bad contracts given out. 
 

This is our first possible 10 yr GM. Love him. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...