Joe Douglas

riggy001

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ok Kev, “you guys” who just want to throw bad money after bad money in players who won’t help. You want more TJ and Mosley? Throw $20 mil at RA and we’re still picking 2nd with $10m less in cap space. 
What’s the definition of insanity again? Doing the same stupid thing with the same results. 

Don’t worry man we will be ready in 2022 for 2024 but then we gotta tool up for 2026 but only us patient guys knows it’s 2028 that it works out ??‍♂️

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I dunno man, he’s had big hits and big misses already. It’s hard to tell. It’s hard to ignore the weird stuff like the Patriots trade. Or for example I’m watching Conklin right now and knowing we opted to sign a bunch more stiffs instead of him is just weird.

From @JoJoTownsell1

Fant gets 10 million a year vs. Conklin getting 14 million a year. 

- That looks way to close considering most would agree that Conklin >>>>> Fant

However, the real difference is in the guaranteed money:

Fant gets 13.7 mill guaranteed vs. Conklin 30 million guaranteed. 

That is where you see the big difference. 

Fant is basically a stop gap/insurance for Edoga/Rookie. He was not brought in to be our LT or RT for the next 3 years. It's basically a 1 year deal. If the Jets can bring out the best in Fant and he emerges, GREAT, but the guaranteed money doesn't lead me to believe the Jets signed Fant to anything more than filler on the offensive line. 

Build through the draft and supplement through free agency seems to be their plan. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

From @JoJoTownsell1

Fant gets 10 million a year vs. Conklin getting 14 million a year. 

- That looks way to close considering most would agree that Conklin >>>>> Fant

However, the real difference is in the guaranteed money:

Fant gets 13.7 mill guaranteed vs. Conklin 30 million guaranteed. 

That is where you see the big difference. 

Fant is basically a stop gap/insurance for Edoga/Rookie. He was not brought in to be our LT or RT for the next 3 years. It's basically a 1 year deal. If the Jets can bring out the best in Fant and he emerges, GREAT, but the guaranteed money doesn't lead me to believe the Jets signed Fant to anything more than filler on the offensive line. 

Build through the draft and supplement through free agency seems to be their plan. 

Who cares? Conklin is an All Pro and the Jets have 8 gazillion dollars in cap room. Fant sucks.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Who cares? Conklin is an All Pro and the Jets have 8 gazillion dollars in cap room. Fant sucks.

Conklin is an enormous injury risk and ticking timebomb.  He's already suffered injuries to both of his knees.  It's why the Titans let him walk in the first place.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, freestater said:

Buncha cheap guys on one year deals, boatload of cap room, trading off disgruntled star for significant draft capital. If that doesn't spell rebuild to ya', I don't know what to say. 

I didn't expect a great year, but certainly not the atrocity in spotlight white we were "entertained" with. A lot of the o-line moves looked(s) shaky. This HC hire is going to define him. 

This. Threw an entire season away deliberately and the Haute Take Boiz lecture us all why we have to fellate him for it. Buncha weirdos. 

5 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Wirfs was better than Becton by every metric and was healthier.

Fant is being paid like a top 10 RT and he isn't close to that. As I said before, he is overpaid.

I never said Mims was bad, but he hasn't played above his draft status. 

Amazing, I haven't seen the metrics of Wirfs at LT. Can you provide?

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Not allowed to judge a 2-14 season. Sorry. Forbidden.

I wasn’t thrilled with free agency last year, particularly the approach to the wide receivers. This included the draft as well where we only took one wide receiver.

I was told last June not to judge this until after the season. It is now after the season. We’re being told not to judge again. lol Apparently we need to wait until the Jets win the Super Bowl and then we can comment on how the roster looks?

• Upvote 2