Doug Pederson could become available

QB1

Nope we don’t need that drama now after that mess. If Philly lets him go nobody’s going to touch him for a year or two . Like the Astros manager , and Alex Cora and Beltran . Way different circumstances but similar in the way that nobody’s bringing that drama I to their clubhouse right now . 

Think if he was going to get fired it would have happened already.   If Lurie was angry about the bad year, and then the tank in week 17, he would have reacted then.

Think the meeting will be Lurie giving him the ultimatum. Win or be gone.  Of course if Pederson and Douglas have an "understanding"  Pederson could give him the finger.   

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Think if he was going to get fired it would have happened already.   If Lurie was angry about the bad year, and then the tank in week 17, he would have reacted then.

Think the meeting will be Lurie giving him the ultimatum. Win or be gone.  Of course if Pederson and Douglas have an "understanding"  Pederson could give him the finger.   

I think the issue is over the coaching staff.

Apparently Lurie wants some changes to the staff and the vision of the team that contrast with Pederson. 

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If this happens and the NY Jets have to give up something I hope its a famous JD 6th round pick and nothing more. 

We have like 3 or 4 6th round picks in 2022. If they send one of them for him that's fine since it would not be that much of an impact and can be made up likely by another JD trade down.

• Upvote 1

The article seems to say that Lurie wants Pederson to convince him how much he wants to be the Eagles HC.  It seems that the Eagles' problems extend well beyond who the HC is.

As fans, we get all wrapped up in how terrible the Jets are.  And they are.

But the road to a fix is a lot clearer for the Jets than for many other non-playoff teams.  If the relationship between Pederson and JD is as tight as we assume, Pederson could use his Lurie meeting to force the issue.  Or, as he gives Lurie his vision of the Eagles going forward,, he may be demanding much more control.

My concern with Pederson would be that he needs to come into a potential Jets job as the coach reporting to the GM.  Is that what he wants?  Assumes the Jets want him which I do not know.