Watson to Miami?

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You can’t get Fields at #3 but you can get him at #2. So if Houston thinks Fields is better than Tua & Watson okay’s a Jets trade....

Agreed.

I think we could put together a better package than Miami, but I honestly think Douglas is much more likely to take a QB at 2 than he is to trade the farm for Watson 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s gonna be an interesting off-season!  If Miami offers both of their 1st round picks (ironically Houston would be getting their own pick back) and Tua that could be enough to get it done!

If Houston believes in Tua, that would be a pretty fair trade for both sides.  

So let's look at a timeline.  

MIA trades Tunsil to HOU for two first round picks, one of which is the #3 this year and the other was #26 last year.

They could conceivably then trade that #3 back to HOU plus their own 1st round pick from last year (Tua) for Watson (not sure what else would be needed).

So, they, in essence, will have traded Tunsil and a high 1st rounder for Watson and a low 1st rounder (around 20 I believe).  Taken in that perspective, it's a really bad look for HOU.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Miami would be very smart to do this. Tua is the most lackluster QB in the NFL and will hold them back as long as they're willing to put up with him. Watson would launch them into a team that's ready to win now

Tua sucks! He has a weak arm & body! Texans fans are already up in arms. Trade Watson for Tua & try to sell that to season ticket holders. 
The Tunsil trade was bad enough & this is like doubling down on it. 
I don’t see it happening but crazier sh*t has gone down in this league. 
Resetting with the Jets #2 & next years 1 is a better play because you have 2 QBs with way more upside than Tua in Fields & Wilson. 

Tough call.  Justin Fields could be Desean Watson for $30M/year less cap cost over the next 4 years (give or take a few $).  For that money, we could pay Thuney and Robinson and keep at least one more premium draft pick (assuming it's a minimum of #2 plus something else to get Watson).

So...

Watson...

or Fields, Thuney, Robinson and our #34 pick this year.

Watson is a sure thing.  Fields is not.  But looking at that disparity of value, I'm not sold at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

There's a Watson to Philly rumor that makes sense 

Eagles have obviously completely soured on Wentz. Despite the awfulness of their season's end, not clear Dolphins have totally soured on Tua. But it's not out of the question either. Flores is smart enough not to denigrate a potential trade asset like Tua. 

• Upvote 1