How Jets will resolve Sam Darnold dilemma? Todd McShay has a hunch

Bronx

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

A lot of us are hoping to root for wins so having a guy that guarantees a losing season isn't great for us. 

Forget it.  You can't change the mindset of these folks.  It borders on delusion.

Go back and look at all the passionate defense of Rex, Sanchez, Geno, Fitz, Bowles, Mcc, Tanny, ad infinitum. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

Love when Fields and Wilson maybe even Lance, are lighting the league up and Sammy will be still ass cheeks. Love 5 - 11 too with a 25 million dollar bUm

Enjoy the show man, its happening. Darnold is the jets starting QB in 2021 and he is going to make fools on this site sorry.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Do you seriously believe Douglas would keep a QB, and a new coach would agree to retain a QB, who people on this board tbinks sucks. If they do decide that, they're has to be a reason. And a sound one. Douglas was a scout for the Ravens for 14 years. He didn't get the Jet job coming out of the restaurant industry 

I believe in no one until they show their mettle and results.  Right now?  JD is an unknown entity.   Up to him if he winds up as an ace or another Jet GM bust/dunce.

And WTF does "How he does against Bama" even have to do with anything?  Bama defense is a bit down from their usual stats.  Clemson is arguable the better defense and defiantly has the better defensive coordinator.  

He's going to score on Bama.  Maybe not enough to win, but he will score.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, if Sam didn't completely sh*t himself we wouldn't have the 2nd overall pick and wouldn't be in position to take a franchise QB at the top of the draft.

It's causation.

Really?

Watson pulled off an AMZING season and his team produced the 3rd pick.  Try again.  

If Joe Douglas thinks Sam Darnold is an NFL QB, we're in big, big trouble.

If Joe Douglas thinks that trading down, building the team, and starting Sam one more year is the right answer, then it's going to be another awful year of football, but survivable.

Hopefully, if he does trade down, he brings in a veteran and the coach holds a fair QB competition.

• Upvote 3

Just now, TeddEY said:

If Joe Douglas thinks Sam Darnold is an NFL QB, we're in big, big trouble.

If Joe Douglas thinks that trading down, building the team, and starting Sam one more year is the right answer, then it's going to be another awful year of football, but survivable.

Hopefully, if he does trade down, he brings in a veteran and the coach holds a fair QB competition.

If he trades down he better be bringing in a legit vet to compete for the job.

No Flacco or Kitna's.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Would love to know how many of the run it back with Darnold fans were also big keep Mark Sanchez fans.

I dont know but wasn’t me. Sanchez had 0 ability to stay in the pocket and make throws. He constantly made mistakes, even with a great team around him.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I believe in no one until they show their mettle and results.  Right now?  JD is an unknown entity.   Up to him if he winds up as an ace or another Jet GM bust/dunce.

That's not my point. It's the height of arrogance to suggest you know whats best for the Jet's than someone who's earned his living as a scout and in personal for two well respected organizations. Doesn't mean they could be wrong, but the decision will be made at the time we're for very good reasons.

Douglas isn't that dumb. If he hitches his entire career to a 4th year QB who has consistently been bottom 5, while also passing on great QB prospects he's going to be canned. Especially if Fields or Wilson turn out to be any good at all, which is expected. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1