How Jets will resolve Sam Darnold dilemma? Todd McShay has a hunch

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disaster scenario

Darnold will be back. Its always been most logical scenario.

I support Douglas whichever way he goes.  But I’m also still a believer in Sam if we roll with him.  Either way I think we are in a good spot in terms of draft position/assets and cap space 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Explain..... lol

It's the off season, pre new coach, pre FA, pre draft.  Everything from the FO and its supporters has to be seen as a possible lie/misdirect.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Just now, LIJetsFan said:

It's the off season, pre new coach, pre FA, pre draft.  Everything from the FO and its supporters has to be seen as a possible lie/misdirect.  

I think the lack of HC is the big thing. I firmly believe the HC will have a big say into the QB situation. Without that coach, dont think anyone knows anything (although i think JD thinks Darnold can be very good with the right coach).

• Thumb Down 1
5 minutes ago, genot said:

That's not my point. It's the height of arrogance to suggest you know whats best for the Jet's than someone who's earned his living as a scout and in personal for two well respected organizations. Doesn't mean they could be wrong, but the decision will be made at the time we're for very good reasons.

Same applies for Bill O’Brien? Smh 

8 minutes ago, genot said:

That's not my point. It's the height of arrogance to suggest you know whats best for the Jet's than someone who's earned his living as a scout and in personal for two well respected organizations. Doesn't mean they could be wrong, but the decision will be made at the time we're for very good reasons.

God speed.

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I did not think Douglas 's comments about darnold were a big endorsement at all.

Who we hire as coach will have an effect on the draft.

Exactly.  Saying that Douglas wont be swayed by one game, well thats what most of us have said, one game shouldnt trump a 3 year career either way.  So if he thinks Fields career is an improvement over Darnold or he believes that Wilson would be then Monday is inconsequential to his plans for the draft.

Doesnt mean hes sticking with Darnold.  He may but this doesnt say he will

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I hope this report is accurate? All I can say is I've always thought Sammy was a franchise QB and last season hasn't changed my mind. 

A trade down with another team interested in taking Fields would be a windfall of badly needed picks. A trade with the Falcons in particular would allow the Jets to take Penei Sewell, a legitimate top tackle, a plug and play guy from day one. That would give the Jets probably the two best book ends in the league.

Sewell won’t be there, Fins will draft him at #3

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

@k-met57  is down voting all my posts because we disagreed on something. 

I think he/she is pissed and has other issues. 

Didn't you block me? Why are u still bothering me? Please go cry elsewhere.

• Thumb Down 1
1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I saw saw an interesting breakdown on Sewell basically saying he projected better as a guard to start his career and that he struggles in space. Makes me think he may drop more then most fans think he may.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I did not think Douglas 's comments about darnold were a big endorsement at all.

Who we hire as coach will have an effect on the draft.

No inspiring coach will want to run it back with a 4th year QB who has been consistently bottom five, and is a remnant from 2 failed regimes ago. They're gonna want their guy, plain and simple as it should be. Nobody would reasonably hitch their career to Darnold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Just now, fusionCA said:

Why us anyone listening to this idiot?

He has fields go 15 in his mock draft

Come one 

If u watch the segment i think he said that Fields would not go 15 and that he thought he would go higher (via trade). 

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I saw saw an interesting breakdown on Sewell basically saying he projected better as a guard to start his career and that he struggles in space. Makes me think he may drop more then most fans think he may.

The guy is a Beast in Beast clothing. He’s more NFL ready than Becton was. I hope Miami doesn’t get him. Guys like that are 10 year fixtures. 

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

No inspiring coach will want to run it back with a 4th year QB who has been consistently bottom five, and is a remnant from 2 failed regimes ago. They're gonna want their guy, plain and simple as it should be. Nobody would reasonably hitch their career to Darnold. 

I disagree to an extent.  For every coach who wants a new guy to start with there is a coach that will think they can fix a prospect.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jetster said:

The guy is a Beast in Beast clothing. He’s more NFL ready than Becton was. I hope Miami doesn’t get him. Guys like that are 10 year fixtures. 

Maybe, but this guy seems to know more about football then a regular fan, and he doesn’t make him sound all that beastly overall.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Same applies for Bill O’Brien? Smh 

Douglas isn't making a decision based on his beliefs alone. He has a network of people who've been in the league for years who might have their own view on Darnold. Not too mention the dozen or so interviews he's conducting for HC, wh'e're im sure QB's have been discussed. If Douglas sticks with Darnold, they're have to be sound reasons why. For anyone on tbis board,(including me), to say. That they can't be right, is absurd.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Either take Sewell at 2 and build the NFL’s best Offensive Line or draft Haskins 2.0

• Haha 1
Just now, DetroitRed said:

I certainly think keeping Sam is a possibility, but no way the new coach doesn’t have major input in this decision.  So this is all pure speculation 

It is a possibility but is it a good decision is the question. 

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Maybe, but this guy seems to know more about football then a regular fan, and he doesn’t make him sound all that beastly overall.

I want Fields. 

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Sewell is going to be an all pro.  

And this is a one qb draft that QB is Trevor

• Upvote 3