Daboll Interview

Not sure if I’m reading too much into this, but the Jets posted that they completed their interview with Brian Daboll at 1:30pm.  Not sure how early they would have started the interview, but even if it was 8am, that seems like a short interview.

Maybe they are paring these interviews down since they are via Zoom, but would think you’d want to spend as much time as possible with these candidates to get the best feel.

Since Daboll is my #1 choice, I hope the interview length isn’t indicative that their isn’t mutual interest.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Like I said, who knows when they started the interview or when the interview actually ended (they posted it was over at 1:30, but it could have ended earlier).

So, 5.5 hours would be the maximum amount of them they could have spent on the interview.  When interviews were in person, candidates would spend the whole day (sometimes 8+ hours) at the facility.

if this was their guy, I would have expected a longer interview, even if it was on zoom

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

You think 5 1/2 hours via zoom is a "short interview"? 

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

You think 5 1/2 hours via zoom is a "short interview"? 

18 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Not sure if I’m reading too much into this, but the Jets posted that they completed their interview with Brian Daboll at 1:30pm.  Not sure how early they would have started the interview, but even if it was 8am, that seems like a short interview.

Maybe they are paring these interviews down since they are via Zoom, but would think you’d want to spend as much time as possible with these candidates to get the best feel.

Since Daboll is my #1 choice, I hope the interview length isn’t indicative that their isn’t mutual interest.

huh? WTF?

18 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Its a zoom call to help decide on who makes it to real, in person interviews.  Its s COVID environment, not a normal go round of in person interviews as a first step as in the past

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Brian Daboll Jan 10, 2021 at 01:40 PM

Joe Brady Jan 09, 2021 at 12:45 PM

Robert Saleh Jan 08, 2021 at 01:35 PM

Marvin Lewis Jan 07, 2021 at 01:53 PM

Eric Bieniemy Jan 06, 2021 at 01:30 PM

Sounds like the Jets have a set schedule, a time-boxed interview. I don’t really see any major outliers here. We also don’t know when they started.

58 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

There was an article posted on the board that said first interviews usually last around 4 hours, and that's in person

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It kinda is

We had a great OL and great WRs once.  Got us far but not all the way.  Certainly didn't turn Sanchez into what Allen has become.

CLE has a great OL and great WRs when they aren't being complete idiots.  Hasn't done them a lot of good and hasn't particularly made Mayfield a better QB.

I think coaching is a big, big part of that calculus.  One that we haven't had a chance to try out in a LONG time.