Saints-Bears on Nickelodeon

TMAC

Not sure who came up with this brilliant idea--maybe Chris Johnson--but this is terrible.  I had to turn the sound off.  The announcer never shuts up and describes the action that you just saw.  Constant references to Nickelodeon characters, etc.  Disgusting.  Never again.  Please!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

Maybe because they are catering to younger kids?

maybe a young girl or boy’s mom, dad or older brother love football and they want to watch too but this makes it more fun for them?

don’t be a party pooper. Everyone loves slime. 

Kinda cool, especially for the kids.

The game is also on CBS, you realize that don't you?  

My kids love it.  I actually think for just a casual or starting fan the way they are explainig all the rules in a very understandable way is great.

This isn't meant to impress Johnny Message Board User for its purity of the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Maybe because they are catering to younger kids?

maybe a young girl or boy’s mom, dad or older brother love football and they want to watch too but this makes it more fun for them?

don’t be a party pooper. Everyone loves slime. 

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Kinda cool, especially for the kids.

So now are we still taking the opportunity to trash our owner or praising him?

LOL 

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

Not sure who came up with this brilliant idea--maybe Chris Johnson--but this is terrible.  I had to turn the sound off.  The announcer never shuts up and describes the action that you just saw.  Constant references to Nickelodeon characters, etc.  Disgusting.  Never again.  Please!

Unless you regularly watch Nickelodeon, I’m guessing you’re not their target audience. 

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

Watch it on CBS. 

As long as the keep a regular broadcast for real fans, I think it’s a brilliant idea to try to brainwash younger fans early to get them into the game. Basically have nothing to lose 

Only Jets' fan would think NFL games on Nick is cool. Probably would think the nighly news on the cartoon channel would be cool too...a power ranger doing karate kicks in the background while someone is reporting how many people have died from covid.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TMAC said:

This isn't for you.  It's for parents with kids who might want to watch.

It's better than listening to Nantz.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Only Jets' fan would think NFL games on Nick is cool. Probably would think the nighly news on the cartoon channel would be cool too...a power ranger doing karate kicks in the background while someone is reporting how many people have died from covid.

Only the cool ones.  The uncool ones complain about people getting the point of Nick doing it for kids.  

They got you to watch and comment

8 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

It's for kids. And it's a hit on social media. Mission accomplished. Comparing a sports game to people dying in the news is beyond hyperbole.

• Upvote 1