Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

From Eagles Wire: Below. Sorry about the light text

Press Taylor has a fan in Doug Pederson and it could end up costing the Eagles head coach his job later on this week.

The Eagles head coach is set to meet with owner Jeffrey Lurie this week and Pederson’s loyalty to his QB coach could be at the crux of the uncertainty surrounding the franchise.

ESPN reported on Sunday morning that Pederson’s status as Philadelphia Eagles head coach is not firm, and he could be out if owner Jeffrey Lurie is not confident about the vision for the team going forward.

Lurie to this point has not been sold on how Pederson plans to fix the offense and get the Eagles back to contender status.

If Pederson was uncomfortable with some of the changes Lurie had asked him to make, it could be another reason why there hasn’t been a resolution. He was forced to fire offensive coordinator Mike Groh last year, per NFL sources, and to hire replacements. Pederson wasn’t keen on the idea of having to make major changes again as of last week, sources close to the coach said.

Pederson has mentored pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Press Taylor and was considering promoting him as offensive coordinator, one source said.

“The head coach picks his staff,” another source said.

The Inquirer is reporting that some contention could center around Lurie and Roseman making decisions on Pederson’s coaching staff and the coach apparently wanting Press Taylor to run the offense.

Taylor being named offensive coordinator would essentially keep things centered around Pederson’s offensive preference when it appears that the owner would like a fresh voice.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Don't want to blow up the person who told me because they seemed stern in making it clear that they haven't been told anything and that it was just their opinion, otherwise I'd be more willing to give out who this person works for

So you have a source in the organization?

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

who thinks this?

Personally, I haven't thought it would be Saleh at all. There are no real links between him and those in our front office and our organization. I've been saying Eberflus and Staley. This is a pivot for me, and I'm not 100% sold that this will be the case yet. I think Douglas will be thorough. However, this person never steered me wrong so if this is their opinion it sounds very possible, hence why it's certainly worth discussing. 

If Saleh comes here, the expectation is that he'd bring Mike LaFleur with him as OC. Then the question becomes whether Press Taylor gets fired, and if he does, maybe they would want him on the staff as QB coach. He'd be in demand (especially in CIN), but just something to keep an eye on. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, football guy said:

Thanks for sharing, dude. Saleh would be a relatively exciting hire.

• Upvote 2