Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

football guy

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

I don’t know dude. Tough to swallow this one.

I don’t necessarily mean about the individual you’re talking about, but the timelines and  pressure to make a decision and using verbiage like “24 to 48 hours”. I just know how it works information he gets loaded around.   “They’ve settled “

not buying it

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

I don’t know dude. Tough to swallow this one.

I don’t necessarily mean about the individuals; it’s always tougher for me to buy into something that claims to have you insight into the psychological workings at that level. If someone said they like this guy the most, that’s an easier sell then getting into where their head spaces at timelines, how much they like this and that. Not saying you made it up, but it’s a tougher sell. *shrugs*

13 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I believe that he is saying that they should receive word from the league within 24 to 48 hours  as to whether they can have in person second meetings, not deciding on who the next coach is.

Read on the go and corrected myself 

• Upvote 2

Unless martindale suddenly decided he wasn’t interested in being interviewed, hard to take this at face value given that we haven’t even interviewed a guy that I think are brass like the most. That’s my biggest problem with the confidence of this information.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Lol and just like that, Arthur Smith flying in tonight to have dinner with the Jets. Again, part of his staff stack included Mike LaFleur and Mike McDaniel as candidates for offensive coordinator. 

He’s also one of the only guys that can fly in.

I don’t think they can bring Staley in right now without in triggering some kind of quarantine situation and he’s got to be at a game this weekend. I fear the Jets will be held hostage waiting for Stanley and maybe Martindale. Everyone I have talk to thinks the Jets are higher on Staley than Smith