Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

football guy

43 minutes ago, football guy said:

Don't want to blow up the person who told me because they seemed stern in making it clear that they haven't been told anything and that it was just their opinion, otherwise I'd be more willing to give out who this person works for

@football guy

Lose lips sinks ships!

Don't rveal ANYTHING on a public forum other than the INFO!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I am not an armchair GM like many of you...

What do we like about Saleh?

What do we like about Staley?

@southtown24th

You asked......  :) 

GREAT LISTEN TO HERE!

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

This was a great listen - thanks for posting.

I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself; but I'd be very happy about a Saleh/LaFleur tandem.

Thanks again for the link.

Thank you and I like you would be happy with Saleh/LaFleur!!! :) 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gonna make this short and sweet.

Coaches don’t give a flying f*ck about stats when they evaluate players in situations like Sam’s.  They look at things like: how bad is everything else around him, what is moldable, how “fixable” do they believe the player is, and things of that nature.  The consensus around the league is that Sam Darnold is a very salvageable player.  Whether or not us as fans agree with that means absolutely nothing to people who do this for a living.

Thank you!

Some us feel that Sam Darnold would be horrible if Sam had Jim Brown, Jerry Rice and the best OL in the world protecting him!

And they have stats to back it up!

But guess what folks whoose lives and careers are on the line have to make judgments based upon things we see and MANY things we DON'T see behind the scences. We don't know what is going on!

What evaluators do know is that Darnold has not panicked despite the team around him having horrible unimagiative coaching, poor skill players and a bottom OL.  These folks think well maybe we can see Sam improve if we can get a better "team" around him.

Sam might have all that around him and still not play welll; that is why the GM and evaluators get paid money to evaluate the risks.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve heard Brandon Staley, in particular, is a Darnold fan.  I’m nowhere near ready to put my name to a coaching hire yet because there’s still a lot to be done, but if he gets the job it wouldn’t shock me to see him be ok with trying to salvage him.

I think that is one of the reasons why the Jets interviewed him!

Staley is one of the best DC's in the league and if he can see how Sam could play better considering his own QB Goff, the Jets on recommendations like his might be enough for the Jets to keep Darnold.

31 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You were dead right last offseason, when most doubted you.

You looked around this roster and wondered where all the talent was, while a lot of us found ways to get excited about Greg Van Roten, Breshad Perriman, a rookie receiver that didn't see an ounce of training camp, Pierre Desir and so on and so forth

Now I'm confused, though. You seem to advocating for taking a quarterback @ 2? 

I was all for Trevor Lawrence. But now that it's off the table, and we're unlikely to be a 'hot spot' for NFL free agents, why would you want to throw another young quarterback behind this offensive line, throwing to these receivers and handing off to mummified former NFL greats or practice squad chumps?

Genuinely curious, because I remember how right you were six months ago, and I think it's pretty clear that those same points still apply - the roster is very weak right now. 

Also.......You could keep Darnold and still draft Fields or another QB @ 2.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Hardly ideal but it could be done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

So if Deshaun Watson was the Jets QB, we would made the playoffs?

Not IMO we wouldn't win automatically.

Watson had an historic season and Houston was awful this year!  That is why you have to evaluate the QB position in a holistic way and not just say the QB sucks change him and we magically can be in a position to win, you wont and we wouldn't.

Temas win and players, including QBs help that process.

• Upvote 1

GUYS LET'S NOT ATTACK EACH OTHER OK!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

We can go down this path again if you really want to. 

No let's not go down this path!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Ok, what qb outside of Mahomes would have made this team better?

No One!

I am firmly in the camp of we must get better as a TEAM! Coaching, OL, skill players on both sides of the ball, we were and are awful but not hopeless if that makes sense.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, freestater said:

would you kindly remove the post that accuses me of being a homophobe please? 

I BELIEVE I ALREADY HAVE!!!

Come on now!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

The post is now bout you guys getting a drink!

24 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'm referring to this

Done my friend... DONE

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve heard this as well and mentioned it yesterday in the thread discussing him.

For as young as he is, he’s absolutely crushing this process.  He’s my 1B to Staley’s 1A.

If he is the BEST THAN HIRE HIM!!!!

Brady only  worries me on how he would build a staff, that is the only thing.  Hire the right GUY this time!