Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

football guy

18 minutes ago, KRL said:

Saleh would be an intriguing choice as a HC and an added benefit
would be bringing in either Mike LaFleur or Mike McDaniel as OC.
Would love to see the Jets run a Shanahan offense:

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-lafleur

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-mcdaniel

If that’s the offense, Zach wilson should be the qb.

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

What I find amazing about this is that I literally named the thread “I don’t want to jump the gun on this” and even stated that this is an relevant opinion that has never steered me wrong. This person has not always been right, but they are always informed. I’m not at liberty to share specifics; if I were a publisher or an editorial, maybe it would be different. I’m volunteering info. This person said one thing, meanwhile someone else I’m close with said another thing. I don’t understand what the fuss is about. All I can say is for the @oatmeal’s of the world, you’re ruining it for everyone else.

C7FF4CF2-E599-4F45-96F9-2FC7E9EB2DA9.thumb.jpeg.6258887a4930ed90aeed5f50d1b51d37.jpeg

if this is true, does that imply anything about qb decisions?  wouldn't someone like zach wilson be perfect for SF's offensive philosophy?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, football guy said:

One thing to keep in mind about a potential Saleh hire... 

If Saleh comes here, he's not expected to be a coordinator with a HC title. He'll be involved with the defense in oversight and will help build the scheme, but will likely give the day-to-day responsibilities to his coordinator. The one schematic he'll absolutely bring over: cover 3 press (zone) coverage. The rest of the defensive scheme would likely be predicated on personnel (SF ran both wide-9 and 4-3 under/over hybrid during Saleh's time there). 

Conveniently enough, Aaron Glenn also coaches a lot of press cover 3 down in New Orleans. I don't think the Jets would force a coordinator by any means, but the Saints' have a similar coverage scheme and they have some commonality in that Glenn coached on the same Cleveland Browns staff as Kyle Shanahan and presumptive OC hire Mike LaFleur in 2014. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Glenn were hired to coordinate the defense. Could also see Saleh reaching out to Todd Walsh as his DL coach/run game coordinator once he's officially fired (if he's fired). 

This is great stuff.  Wondering how saleh would view an offensive scheme, and whether that would favor darnold or wilson who i think is well suited for a quick tempo offense like the 49ers have.

51 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’ve heard the opposite about Saleh as a “politician”. He’s a football guy through and through. 

I do agree that his schemes are a little vanilla; he’s not an exotic defensive brainchild like Rex was... I don’t think the recent defensive performance is an accurate depiction of what Jets fans should expect in NY if he’s hired. That said, he’s a very intelligent coach with strong communication skills and a displayed ability to get the most out of his players. Whoever is hired as Defensive Coordinator will be as important as who is hired as Offensive Coordinator... it’ll be their operation with the assistance of Saleh.

i keep coming back to this one point, about the qb.  i see zach wilson as an ideal fit in a SF type wco offense.  he seems to be perfect for that.  he plays 'fast' and gets the ball out.  if saleh is hired i wonder how his offensive minds will view wilson compared to darnold, who seems to need things to unfold more for him.

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

If Dowell Loggains was OC for the chiefs but his primary job was to organize meetings and help with the game plan (like he did here except he was also QB coach) would you feel he should be a top HC candidate? 

Also, since when did being a coordinator mean you’re capable of being a head coach?

We really appreciate your posting here, but some people just aren’t worth it.

• Upvote 2