Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

football guy

@Maxman

Can you attempt to verify if this dude actually has a source? I seem to remember you doing that with someone else in the past.

Dont want to be that guy...but I'm definitely going to be that guy. I think this is a ton of BS, someone just wanting to seem relevant. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

It's sh*t like this that makes me wonder why I even say anything on message boards. 

I welcome @Maxman to verify my sources. Please DM me. 

Going forward I just won't share sh*t

Please, do verify with Max, and I will take your word for anything you post every time. 

Until then, you're just a random dude with supposed third hand knowledge, that every internet board has. 

It's not unreasonable to question the legitimacy of someone posting the stuff you're posting. 

• Thumb Down 14

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Who tf cares? He’s giving us info that gives us something to talk about.

No different then someone posting a dumb LaConfora tweet. 

If you don’t believe it, move on. 

You guys cant possibly be this naive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Why does he or anyone else owe you anything? Take it or leave it...how entitled can you be.

I think at minimum every single one of us, including you are entitled to know if someone is being truthful with this type of info or not. 

It's not that hard to fathom. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Again. Who cares? Are you going to place a bet on this or something?

Hes not making a thread saying “Saleh is the next HC!”

Were here to discuss the Jets. We do it with tweets from reporters. So discuss. It’s not that serious. 

I'm not saying it is that serious. 

But it seems extremely odd that everyone seems to just eat it up without even lightly questioning where this is coming from. 

Jim Jones would be proud. 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No one gives a sh*t if you take his word for it.

It's not unreasonable to just have that thought internally instead of demanding answers like you are owed something.

kool aid snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

If he stops posting because of your whining I am going to be bummed out. 

Yes. Whining. 

Wanting to know if a random internet poster is someone we should believe. Oh the horror. Let me go wipe tears out of my eyes. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Literally nothing out there is confirmed. “Sources” are Unconfirmed.  

I can buy that viewpoint for sure. 

But it's still not unreasonable to wonder if this guy is legit. At all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Didn't your parents ever tell you be a leader not a follower.

At least we know if Jim Jones were alive, this would be fertile recruiting ground. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes.  Most of us get that.

The rest of don't feel the need to say it out loud. Most people can process that possibility, process it and move in in about 2 seconds.  Welcome to the internet.

Well I would assume most of us learned to not take candy from strangers, but I'm starting to doubt it.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

You don’t need to believe him. What does he have to prove to you?

lots of people enjoy his posts. 

He doesnt HAVE to prove anything to me. But asking to have his sources verified should be something we ALL strive for correct? 

Wouldnt it be great to know you have someone with legit connections, instead of wonder if he is just another internet kook? 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Instead of continuing to slander me why didn't you just DM me and ask instead of trying to cast doubt on my reputation? Douche. Happy to share everything just to prove this narrative wrong. 

As I said before. Verify the source with Max and it would be fantastic to hear everything you have to say. I dont need any proof for me personally.

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Can you provide reliable evidence to support why any single poster here should give a flying **** what you think?  This clearly needs to be verified by multiple outside sources before a single speck of sh*t could be allowed to be given.

This would be exactly 1% funny if I cared what you think. 

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Have you read his posts in the past?

he’s laid much of it out  Go back and read it  

do you want him to post his sources name?  Will that satisfy you?  Or do you need the sources email addy so you can confirm he’s the source?

plus you were kind of rude when you asked the question 

No. I asked Max to verify. Something that has happened in the past. 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I'm going to verify the sources with Max just to clear my name, then I'm not going to share anything publically anymore. I didn't sign up for some conspiracy bs. I get not wanting to fall for phony "reports" that people just make up online, but there's a way to do this and question it, and you did it the wrong way. 

Cool.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

So you're saying I need to repeat it another dozen or so times to really drive the point home?  There's still so much for us to all learn from you.

Jets fans: Manish Mehta is a turd and deserves to be ran out of town, he makes up anonymous sources to write stories. 

Also Jets fans: Random internet poster should be believed, and if you question him, you're an ass. 

Makes sense. 

Total sense. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

To be clear, is that more or less sense than your failure to comprehend the difference between self-proclaimed "facts" cited by a professional sports journalist who was stripped of credentials, as opposed to stated rumors and second-hand opinions from a message board post, and opting to throw an endless childlike tantrum over it along the way?

Although I guess it all makes a bit more sense coming from an apparent Mehta fan, which of course could mean only one thing... Hi Manish!!

Yes lol. 

Everyone who doesn't drink your green kool aid every time is Manish. There are far more likely suspects on this forum to be Manish. 

But, someone taking issues with their sources being questioned and then calling someone a cuck because of it .... 🤔

Manish may very well actually be in this very thread. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

LMAO. You are such a fraud. This is the typical behavior of a catfish trying to make you feel guilty for questioning him. A guy with legitimate info would be happy to confirm their legitimacy as all they are trying to do is be helpful and getting that verification stamp would be a good thing. A fraud like you however would get defensive and angry to make the other person feel bad and get the others who believe him be angry at the person who is questioning him.

This. 

Just now, Maxman said:

From the JetNation standpoint we have stayed away from sources and breaking info. For us it works against us in many ways. Every leak we post, we would technically owe somebody something. The nice thing about what we do is we don't owe anybody anything. I can not express how refreshing it is to be closing in on 16 years and know that the Jets have no control over what we do. It brings me peace and I think it is a big part of our success.

That is a long way of saying that there is no reason for us to validate what @football guy is posting. He clearly knows football and seems like a good dude.  He is putting his name on this, I feel that if "JetNation" gets involved it would only limit or hinder things.  

So we will stay out of it and are just happy to read the info along with everyone else.

Thats fair and I can understand that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

No let's not go down this path!!!

I'm not. Never planned to. 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Dude..  given your down votes on anyone who questions a certain orange political figure i find your quest for the truth to be highly ironic...  thats about as nice as I can say it.

This tells me everything I need to know. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, choon328 said:

So you DO get your news from Facebook then? That tells me all I need to know then. 

The hive mind here is real. 

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There is absolutely no reason for you to post this. I know I addressed this already but you have two choices:

1. Believe him

2. Don't believe him

You don't have to call him out, he is putting his name on it so let it play out.

Like I said before, I can understand the viewpoint. 

I thought what I posted was tame compared to some of the stuff I've seen here. 

• Upvote 1