Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

football guy

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Should’ve went with Tom Hagan when Kay gives him a letter for Michael 

Damn. You're 100% right lol

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Just say yes so I don’t start talking about how your info is all made up nonsense.

What can I say I'm not a publisher/editorial lol... I don't want to blow the person up. I don't know who reads things on here. 

I guess DM me if you need text receipts

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Personally, I haven't thought it would be Saleh at all. There are no real links between him and those in our front office and our organization. I've been saying Eberflus and Staley. This is a pivot for me, and I'm not 100% sold that this will be the case yet. I think Douglas will be thorough. However, this person never steered me wrong so if this is their opinion it sounds very possible, hence why it's certainly worth discussing. 

If Saleh comes here, the expectation is that he'd bring Mike LaFleur with him as OC. Then the question becomes whether Press Taylor gets fired, and if he does, maybe they would want him on the staff as QB coach. He'd be in demand (especially in CIN), but just something to keep an eye on. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

die kill me GIF by South Park

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I haven't heard anything about what Saleh feels about it. Kyle Shanahan really likes him, but doesn't mean Saleh does

4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Not really buying any of this.

Why would joe Douglas and Christopher Johnson need permission from the league to go talk to Saleh in person? 

The jets are putting out tweets after interviews, not sure they would do that if they were planning on more rounds. 

Technically coordinators are not allowed to. I don't know, it sounds stupid to me. Just like the rest of this covid sensationalist nonsense. Also, I never said they wanted to go meet Saleh specifically. They want to meet their finalists for second rounds of interviews, whoever they wind up being. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

What does your guy say Douglas wants to do with Darnold?

Sorry- a few people are going to ruin it for everyone, and I see no reason to share info for people to read who are unappreciative skeptics.

Feel free to DM me going forward. I'll be happy to facilitate questions and get back to you

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

I believe that he is saying that they should receive word from the league within 24 to 48 hours  as to whether they can have in person second meetings, not deciding on who the next coach is.

Not only the Jets. It will likely be a publically released bulletin. They have a lot of direct communication with NFL offices, hence why I know the Jets made this request (I'm sure others have too). A lot of former Jets employees work at NFL offices and vice a versa. 

The issue right now is that coordinators under contract with other teams are for whatever reason not allowed to interview in person. Yet, college/former coaches (Marvin Lewis) and unemployed coaches (Urban Meyer) are allowed to interview in person. I don't know the specifics, I just know it's come up. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Its a shame that its come to this honestly.  There are a lot of people on here that really appreciate your information, but theres always people that will ruin things for others.  You shouldnt have to jump through hoops defending yourself when youre just trying to give people here information they wouldn't normally get.  

Damn shame

I'm not going anywhere. Just DM me going forward and I'm happy to facilitate questions and come back with responses. I just don't feel the need to post things that will fuel skeptics. They don't deserve any of the info as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Oh mannnnn, sign me up for that.

I'm sorry I read your post wrong. 

LaFleur-Saleh. 

I too have grown extremely fond of Staley. I think it would be an outside-the-box OC. Dave Ragone is a possibility, and I know Jets fans would be sick with that but what can I say. The good thing about Staley is that McVay loves him so would likely give him some pointers there as Ragone was on the 2015 Redskins staff with him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I hadn't heard much about Joe Brady tbh. I think we're at least another round of interviews away from picking a coach so we'll see. I'm guessing they'll regroup tomorrow and go over the interviews, then come up with how they'd rank them against each other. Probably try to zero in on the top 3 and then see how it unfolds. 

The one thing that has been proven right is that the Jets hire will be an outside-of-the-box hire. It's certainly looking more and more that way by the day.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Mehta’s step twin brother. 

I hate Mehta with a passion so this would suck

40 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

can we talk about the 121 unread texts you have lol WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING MAN?!?! hahah

Bro tell me about it. I’m in a lot of group chats lol

1 hour ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

Assuming Bills win this coming weekend and the championship game when is the soonest Daboll can get a second interview?  Is it after championship game or after Super Bowl?

He’s free to. It comes down to his schedule. If he’s a finalist chances are Jets will try to visit him to ease the burden 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This is great stuff.  Wondering how saleh would view an offensive scheme, and whether that would favor darnold or wilson who i think is well suited for a quick tempo offense like the 49ers have.

Absolutely would be expected to bring one of Mike LaFleur or Mike McDaniel with him. I'm not sure if the 49ers can block such a move anymore, and even if they could, 49ers aren't going to block both... they'll do Saleh a solid and grant one leaving, especially considering they're collecting future draft picks for Saleh. That would mean the Shanahan-style WCO. 

Mike McDaniel is the preferred hire because he's been the brains behind a lot of the exotic schematics/concepts in SF, specifically their running scheme, but he's a "QB guru" himself. I know Douglas loves Press Taylor, but he's not going to force him onto the staff. Rich Scangarello is a name to monitor as QB coach/passing game coordinator if Saleh is hired. Will Harriger could be in line to be the RB coach or assistant QBs. 

As far as whether it improves Darnold's chances of returning... without any knowledge I would say it keeps them at the 60/40 likelihood. I think his best professional scheme in the short-term is a Shanahan-style WCO. 

40 minutes ago, KRL said:

Any chance Dennard Wilson or Brant Boyer are retained on the new staff.
From my observations of them they're good coaches

I think their at the end of the line. Good coaches, but likely headed in different directions. I think almost all coaches will be freed from their contracts with exception to a few offensive/defensive assistants. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

DeMeco Ryans has been mentioned as a successor to Robert Saleh as DC in SF if Saleh were to leave, but wonder if he'd join Saleh as his DC instead. Saleh coached him with the Texans from 2006-2010 speaks highly of him, suggesting he'd be a HC one day.