Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

football guy

36 minutes ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

Thanks for sharing, dude. Saleh would be a relatively exciting hire.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Why?

God damn it

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, football guy said:

I've already shared it, a lot of fans on here are just in denial because they can't handle not getting their way. 

People in the FO think there's a strong chance he comes back. 60/40 is the number I was given. A lot will ride on the coach, his trade market, and the trade market of the #2 pick. Many in the NFL believe he's an ultra talented QB who will find a way to be a solid NFL starter. 

The Darnold thing is only an issue if Douglas (or Johnson) make rehabilitating Darnold a precondition to getting the HC job

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm going to verify the sources with Max just to clear my name, then I'm not going to share anything publically anymore. I didn't sign up for some conspiracy bs. I get not wanting to fall for phony "reports" that people just make up online, but there's a way to do this and question it, and you did it the wrong way. 

Don’t do it. Max will not give a sh*t and won’t want to be involved. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

mans title is OC so I credit him as OC.

Who was the OC of the Jets this year? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1