Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s understandable. I’m just saying we could of all dropped this long ago and let the thread live on for its actual purpose. That’s all. I get being a bit quick to respond back to people but at some point it’s just not even worth it. It’s just a board. Let’s go back to the real purpose of the thread and just let everyone find their spot here. Everyone can agree to disagree and move on. We’re all Jets fans here.

I can respect this but at the same time I was actually questioning one of the “source” people. He didn’t see it as me attacking or trolling but everyone else on the sidelines felt the need to tell me to _____ off. 

But anyways god bless I’m not salty or angry and I appreciate your respectful outlook on things. 

cheers ? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Ok? Great! I’m convinced now ?

Now please if you wouldn’t mind, can you:

-list of all the times you were incorrect? (Bet that list is longer)  

Question, do your intel post contain lines like; “this is just my sources opinion” , “not sure this will happen but this is what I’m hearing”? - I bet 99.9% of your intel post do 

^^ Do you leave your intel post with outs like these??

Wont piss down my leg and tell me it’s rain because you claim know some random toilet washer at florham park. 

Give me a break and no offense, I’m not just the type to believe backwards intel on the internet. I rather goto a conspiracy site ?‍♂️

Dude, just stop

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Can’t believe people are still trying to derail this thread.

Goes to show it wasn’t about validating sources. Just keep moving the goal post. It’s sad.

The ONE thread that actually provides legitimate substance/insight and people have posted about 6 pages of back and forth bickering.

All childish back and forth that has no relation to what OP posted should be removed and moved to a "validated feelings" thread.

Ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

The ONE thread that actually provides legitimate substance/insight and people have posted about 6 pages of back and forth bickering.

All childish back and forth that has no relation to what OP posted should be removed and moved to a "validated feelings" thread.

Ridiculous.

Ironically you just wanted to validate your feelings . 

16 minutes ago, football guy said:

What I find amazing about this is that I literally named the thread “I don’t want to jump the gun on this” and even stated that this is an relevant opinion that has never steered me wrong. This person has not always been right, but they are always informed. I’m not at liberty to share specifics; if I were a publisher or an editorial, maybe it would be different. I’m volunteering info. This person said one thing, meanwhile someone else I’m close with said another thing. I don’t understand what the fuss is about. All I can say is for the @oatmeal’s of the world, you’re ruining it for everyone else.

C7FF4CF2-E599-4F45-96F9-2FC7E9EB2DA9.thumb.jpeg.6258887a4930ed90aeed5f50d1b51d37.jpeg

May I make a suggestion?

Just ignore the 1 or 2 people giving you crap.  Again, I do believe you guys have sources, I also believe semi early in the process it can be kind of fluid.   I also believe that it makes for a more educated discussion about who the next Jets coach could be, which is what a message board is all about.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m not even claiming it will be right. The point of a message board is for a community to share dialogue and to post relevant things to talk about. I figured this would be something people would want to talk about. People can’t take my word for it so be it, some people will never be satisfied.

I understand. Just don’t mind it and keep doing what you do. We’re all square now! No need to drag it out.

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

What I find amazing about this is that I literally named the thread “I don’t want to jump the gun on this” and even stated that this is an relevant opinion that has never steered me wrong. This person has not always been right, but they are always informed. I’m not at liberty to share specifics; if I were a publisher or an editorial, maybe it would be different. I’m volunteering info. This person said one thing, meanwhile someone else I’m close with said another thing. I don’t understand what the fuss is about. All I can say is for the @oatmeal’s of the world, you’re ruining it for everyone else.

C7FF4CF2-E599-4F45-96F9-2FC7E9EB2DA9.thumb.jpeg.6258887a4930ed90aeed5f50d1b51d37.jpeg

if this is true, does that imply anything about qb decisions?  wouldn't someone like zach wilson be perfect for SF's offensive philosophy?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You were dead right last offseason, when most doubted you.

You looked around this roster and wondered where all the talent was, while a lot of us found ways to get excited about Greg Van Roten, Breshad Perriman, a rookie receiver that didn't see an ounce of training camp, Pierre Desir and so on and so forth

Now I'm confused, though. You seem to advocating for taking a quarterback @ 2? 

I was all for Trevor Lawrence. But now that it's off the table, and we're unlikely to be a 'hot spot' for NFL free agents, why would you want to throw another young quarterback behind this offensive line, throwing to these receivers and handing off to mummified former NFL greats or practice squad chumps?

Genuinely curious, because I remember how right you were six months ago, and I think it's pretty clear that those same points still apply - the roster is very weak right now. 

It's not so much advocating for a QB at 2...as much as it is just the only logical choice for JD to make. 

If he sticks with Sam and this team starts out 0-3 or 2-5 - There will be massive calls for JD's head - the turmoil will be overwhelming.  Especially if Fields or Wilson are playing well.

Draft a QB at 2 and you have a 2 year cushion instead of 3 weeks with Sam.

I'm not sure where JD's head in now but am close to certain it will end up with taking a QB at 2.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Kind of wish the mods would just suspend accounts of guys who are clearly trolling, or at least lock them from a thread.  Have been on this site a long time, and mogglez and football guy have clearly demonstrated  a level of access most of us don't have. CBNY had that access too when he reported on one of these sites; think that was Tony Pauline.  The only intrigue is whether one of you is Tony under a new avatar.    Here's the thing that 99% of us understand: we understand and appreciate that not everything you guys hear will bear out to be true, but we have no doubt if you mention it, there was likely some smoke there.  I'd also wonder whether at times nuggets are leaked intentionally (not by you, but to you or your sources), to stir the pot.  Maybe Saleh's name gets dropped as a way of motivating the Lions to strike quickly or complete negotiations, as an example.  Pivots occur quickly in the business.  But your track records on reporting stuff are supported by many times you've nailed it.

This board thrives when there are threads like this, and I appreciate you guys posting; it is a welcome distraction to the pandemic. Trolls ruin the experience.  Let the information flow, and the discussion unfold.  It's football. 

Ban from thread isn't currently working, that would be the easiest option.

17 hours ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that a person of interest thinks 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and that the primary decision makers have been pretty secretive, but this was this individual's hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

PHILADELPHIA - You've heard all the speculation swirling around the Eagles and many are asking a simple question: If Doug Pederson is going to pick a hill to die on, why Press Taylor?

Taylor, the team's current passing game coordinator who Pederson would like to make his next offensive coordinator, is only the symbol of the ridge Philadelphia's head coach is really concerned with, not the actual hill.

Pederson trusts Taylor, who will turn 33 on Wednesday, implicitly and that's a valued commodity inside the NovaCare Complex these days as the political winds stir just as Jeffrey Lurie's much-ballyhooed collaborative approach breaks down into the chaos of everyone man for himself.

According to an NFL source, Pederson trusts Taylor more than anyone else on his staff right now, a flashback to the days of his relationships with Frank Reich and to a lesser extent Mike Groh.

In fact, Pederson considers Taylor as his protege and a future head coach in the NFL, a sentiment many agree with around a league becoming increasingly-obsessed with young head coaches. That thought process has been tabled for the time being after the stench of a disastrous 4-11-1 season, however.

Pederson also understands he should have stood his ground on Groh last season and feels another acquiescence would completely neuter him in an organization where Lurie and his first lieutenant, Howie Roseman, seem, not only comfortable in calling the shots but now deem it as a necessity moving forward.

To those in the know, Pederson's trip to Palm Beach comes on the heels of an unproductive meeting with Lurie at the NovaCare Complex last week, one deemed that way by the owner because Lurie didn't feel the coach's "sense of urgency" for fixing the perceived offensive issues was there.

To Lurie, the synonym for that sense of urgency is change, the same new ideas and new voices that led to a wasted year with Rich Scangarello after failing to secure more desirable names like James Urban, Graham Harrell, and Mike Kafka.

Conversely, In Pederson's mind, hindsight reveals he would have had another 12 months under his belt with a coach he trusted in Groh and things wouldn't have come off the rails, at least to the degree they did.

Taylor, though, now owns a significant part of the 4-11-1 season in which Carson Wentz regressed to a historic degree, so in many ways, yet another promotion is an admittedly tough sell in a public-facing business.

His ascent in the organization from an offensive quality control coach under Chip Kelly to assistant QB coach, then the QB coach, and finally the dual-role of PGC and QB coach in 2020 has coincided with the decline of the offense as a whole.

The book on Taylor from a former coach in the organization is that he's got a brilliant offensive mind when it comes to scheming (he's the coach who mined the Philly special from a meaningless game between Chicago and Minnesota in Week 17 of the 2016 season) but he's a bit too friendly at times when it comes to the day-to-day grind of teaching.

In the case of Wentz, that latter part is particularly important because a separate Eagles source noted his relationship with Wentz is more of a peer-based one and the main issue with the soon-to-be sixth-year pro coming out of North Dakota State was his mechanics.

Wentz did not like his first position coach personally, now Chicago QB mentor John DeFilippo, a teacher known as a taskmaster who really pushed Wentz hard when it came to those mechanics.

DeFilippo would often cite Carson Palmer as the standard and while Wentz didn't appreciate the tough love at the time he should now realize what it meant for his career and that hasn't seemed to click.

The counterintuitive plan for the Eagles moving forward should be elevating Taylor to offensive coordinator and hiring a hard-nosed position coach in the mold of DeFilippo to try to rescue Wentz's failing mechanics.

Meanwhile, Taylor's close relationships with both Pederson and Wentz could in theory be the conduit to mend that fracture.

As for the hill, Pederson will be defending on "The Island" in South Florida, the coach wants someone he trusts implicitly in what is rapidly turning into a snake den.

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/explaining-the-hill-doug-pederson-wants-to-defend

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I had him described to me this way:

“It's hard not to like what you hear about him.  He's risen fast up the ranks which shows he's a quick study.  Had a positive effect on players he's coached (had a big hand in developing Bradley Chubb and Leonard Floyd), clearly a very bright defensive mind who prepares his unit extremely well for all opportunities.  The Rams defense, the secondary in particular, had a lot of young players that really stepped up this year under him and they were EXTREMELY disciplined.

He was ALSO a former QB which gives him experience on both sides of the ball, and a unique perspective for how offenses work and how defenses work to attack offenses. Also will have unique perspectives on Sam/other QB and how to work with him. 

Everything you read about him is that he's a football junkie and a defensive savant.”

Staley is my number 1 choice for the job. Do it JD!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If the 49ers are candidates to trade for Sam...and we end up hiring half of their staff (Saleh, LeFleur) wouldn't logic say that they are okay with keeping Sam and building out the roster?

Not sure one has anything to do with the other.

36 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m not even claiming it will be right. The point of a message board is for a community to share dialogue and to post relevant things to talk about. I figured this would be something people would want to talk about. People can’t take my word for it so be it, some people will never be satisfied.

Bro, jets fans are the worst. suchhh a miserable group of people. Please just disregard the BS. Many of us can read and understand the context of such a post. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, football guy said:

Dude, we appreciate your info anyway it turns out.  Don't let the haters make you hesitate to share.  Thank you

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

You don't think hiring the coaches that would potentially trade resources for Sam, might be an indication that they would be comfortable with Sam?

We don't even know if 49ers are interested in Sam. They might not even know, yet. We're hoping/guessing. And also what would the DC have to do with the decision anyway?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if this is true, does that imply anything about qb decisions?  wouldn't someone like zach wilson be perfect for SF's offensive philosophy?

I was thinking the same thing. We’ll have to wait and see. But if we go the Shanahan offense route, Zach’s out guy.

I do believe JD when he says he’s going to hire the coach first and then decide on the QB. But once we know the coach, we can start speculating on QB.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

We don't even know if 49ers are interested in Sam. They might not even know, yet. We're hoping/guessing. And also what would the DC have to do with the decision anyway?

I thought Mike LaFleur was mentioned as the OC handcuff to Saleh.  His current role is “passing game coordinator” so I just assumed it’s crossed his desk.