Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

I mentioned Press Taylor a few days ago. Possible Jets OC. Keep it in mind. 

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

I don’t know dude. Tough to swallow this one.

I don’t necessarily mean about the individual you’re talking about, but the timelines and  pressure to make a decision and using verbiage like “24 to 48 hours”. I just know how it works information he gets loaded around.   “They’ve settled “

not buying it

2 hours ago, football guy said:

I don’t necessarily mean about the individuals; it’s always tougher for me to buy into something that claims to have you insight into the psychological workings at that level. If someone said they like this guy the most, that’s an easier sell then getting into where their head spaces at timelines, how much they like this and that. Not saying you made it up, but it’s a tougher sell. *shrugs*

It's sh*t like this that makes me wonder why I even say anything on message boards. 
I welcome [mention=5331]Maxman[/mention] to verify my sources. Please DM me. 
Going forward I just won't share sh*t

There will always be doubters. Ignore them. There are way more people interested in what you may know than not.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

Sorry- a few people are going to ruin it for everyone, and I see no reason to share info for people to read who are unappreciative skeptics.

Feel free to DM me going forward. I'll be happy to facilitate questions and get back to you

Don’t let a few bad apples stop you from sharing.

Most really appreciate you sharing what you have.  Would really love to hear what your source thinks about Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don’t necessarily mean about the individual you’re talking about, but the timelines and  pressure to make a decision and using verbiage like “24 to 48 hours”. I just know how it works information he gets loaded around.   “They’ve settled “

not buying it

I believe that he is saying that they should receive word from the league within 24 to 48 hours  as to whether they can have in person second meetings, not deciding on who the next coach is.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

I believe that he is saying that they should receive word from the league within 24 to 48 hours  as to whether they can have in person second meetings, not deciding on who the next coach is.

Not only the Jets. It will likely be a publically released bulletin. They have a lot of direct communication with NFL offices, hence why I know the Jets made this request (I'm sure others have too). A lot of former Jets employees work at NFL offices and vice a versa. 

The issue right now is that coordinators under contract with other teams are for whatever reason not allowed to interview in person. Yet, college/former coaches (Marvin Lewis) and unemployed coaches (Urban Meyer) are allowed to interview in person. I don't know the specifics, I just know it's come up. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

I've already shared it, a lot of fans on here are just in denial because they can't handle not getting their way. 

People in the FO think there's a strong chance he comes back. 60/40 is the number I was given. A lot will ride on the coach, his trade market, and the trade market of the #2 pick. Many in the NFL believe he's an ultra talented QB who will find a way to be a solid NFL starter. 

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.   One quick question, is the Peterson trade talk real or just a really bad rumor initiated by the eagles/Peterson's agent?

• Upvote 1

Just now, football guy said:

Go look for yourself, I've only posted about 185 posts and screenshots from coaches on what exactly they like about him. 

Sam Darnold this season was the worst rated QB in the NFL in all categories. 

There were guys off the street who were brought in to QB other teams who were better than him. 

Lets not pacify a really bad situation here. 

I don't give a damn what anybody thinks. 

I know what I saw the last 3 years and I know how to read factual statistics. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold this season was the worst rated QB in the NFL in all categories. 

There were guys off the street who were brought in to QB other teams who were better than him. 

Lets not pacify a really bad situation here. 

I don't give a damn what anybody thinks. 

I know what I saw the last 3 years and I know how to read factual statistics. 

Joe Willy has spoken! Off with Sam!

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

. Many in the NFL believe he's an ultra talented QB who will find a way to be a solid NFL starter. 

He is demonstrably worse than Minshew and Trubisky. His stats are not even close to theirs and everyone thinks they are terrible. It doesn't make sense. At all

13 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Read on the go and corrected myself 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I've already shared it, a lot of fans on here are just in denial because they can't handle not getting their way. 

People in the FO think there's a strong chance he comes back. 60/40 is the number I was given. A lot will ride on the coach, his trade market, and the trade market of the #2 pick. Many in the NFL believe he's an ultra talented QB who will find a way to be a solid NFL starter. 

Don't mind us btw, most of us are just venting our frustrations. We're Jets fans, so we're used to never getting our way LMAO. 

But when the time comes, we'll roll with it like anything else. I prefer to go QB at #2, but I've already accepted that it's more likely Darnold is back. So I'm just hoping we get a good haul for the 2nd pick and I'll root for Sam as long as he's in a Jets uniform *shrugs*

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Joe Willy has spoken! Off with Sam!

I like Sam Darnold but the misery he has caused this team and fanbase. 

Who knows if he can turn things around I would hope he could if the NY Jets stick with him. 

Did you watch the playoffs this weekend. 

Good  QB"s move not so good QB's go home. 

Just now, Mogglez said:

Gonna make this short and sweet.

Coaches don’t give a flying f*ck about stats when they evaluate players in situations like Sam’s.  They look at what is fixable, what is moldable, how “fixable” do they believe the player is, and things of that nature.  The consensus around the league is that Sam Darnold is a very salvageable player.  Whether or not us as fans agree with that means absolutely nothing to people who do this for a living.

Ok fair enough. 

What HC do you think they hire that will want to roll the dice with Sam Darnold as their first year HC/QB combo. 

16 minutes ago, football guy said:

Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riot

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Saleh, though not the worst candidate is not on my list of preferred guys.  I hope it is not true.

I mean we all have our guys but how can anyone be eliminated?  Being a great coordinator doesnt automatically mean you can handle being a HC. We arent part of the interview process, have no idea who looks the part, acts the part and fits the bill as best as can be determined through calls.  

Hes on my list of guys I would totally get why they hired if he gets the nod.

I just find it hard to believe the source has a hunch that has any validity given we havent finished interviewing and the odds on favorite, Martindale probably isnt up until tomorrow.  

• Upvote 1