Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gonna make this short and sweet.

Coaches don’t give a flying f*ck about stats when they evaluate players in situations like Sam’s.  They look at what is fixable, what is moldable, how “fixable” do they believe the player is, and things of that nature.  The consensus around the league is that Sam Darnold is a very salvageable player.  Whether or not us as fans agree with that means absolutely nothing to people who do this for a living.

Maybe they should pay me to do that for a living

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok fair enough. 

What HC do you think they hire that will want to roll the dice with Sam Darnold as their first year HC/QB combo. 

I’ve heard Brandon Staley, in particular, is a Darnold fan.  I’m nowhere near ready to put my name to a coaching hire yet because there’s still a lot to be done, but if he gets the job it wouldn’t shock me to see him be ok with trying to salvage him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Saleh would be a good hire. He has an excellent reputation and will likely bring the shanahan offensive system over here. He is a high energy guy. I see him as a rex type but more intelligent and without the goofiness.

I think Saleh will have the personality and gravitas to bring in high end free agents who will want to play for him.

• Sympathy 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’ve heard Brandon Staley, in particular, is a Darnold fan.  I’m nowhere near ready to put my name to a coaching hire yet because there’s still a lot to be done, but if he gets the job it wouldn’t shock me to see him be ok with trying to salvage him.

Ok but lets be sure that whoever decides to roll with Sam Darnold as the starter better have a damn good backup QB in place. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold this season was the worst rated QB in the NFL in all categories. 

There were guys off the street who were brought in to QB other teams who were better than him. 

Lets not pacify a really bad situation here. 

I don't give a damn what anybody thinks. 

I know what I saw the last 3 years and I know how to read factual statistics. 

Then why are you on this thread asking questions?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, KRL said:

Saleh would be an intriguing choice as a HC and an added benefit
would be bringing in either Mike LaFleur or Mike McDaniel as OC.
Would love to see the Jets run a Shanahan offense:

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-lafleur

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-mcdaniel

If that’s the offense, Zach wilson should be the qb.

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I'll tag @football guy in this too because its relevant to his great information.

I really do not get why people cannot accept that there are people in the NFL that think Darnold can be good.  They honestly take it as a personal affront at the sheer mention of Sam staying with the team. 

Why can't people just be like "wow yea I dont know, I dont think he'll ever be good, but i guess others dont agree"  call a spade a spade, why do people have to attack a guy for suggesting otherwise.  ESPECIALLY GUYS WHO HAVE LEGIT SOURCES.  If you dont choose to believe them, fine mute their posts and you dont have to be privy to the info that you find so offensive.  It's ridiculous how childish some people on here are. 

What do you define as 'good'? Top 5 QB in the NFL? Darnold will never be that good from everything I've seen during his tenure here. Doesn't have it in between the ears.

Derek Carr level 'good'? Maybe, I could see that. Still unlikely.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Unless martindale suddenly decided he wasn’t interested in being interviewed, hard to take this at face value given that we haven’t even interviewed a guy that I think are brass like the most. That’s my biggest problem with the confidence of this information.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Unless martindale suddenly decided he wasn’t interested in being interviewed, hard to take this at face value given that we haven’t even interviewed a guy that I think are brass like the most. That’s my biggest problem with the confidence of this information.

I was told on Friday that Martindale has told teams that he prefers to wait until the Ravens are eliminated before taking any interviews.  Quite frankly, I don’t see the Jets waiting that long for him.  If he doesn’t get one in this week, I think we’ll turn our focus elsewhere.

Eberflus and Staley have my utmost attention right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

It's sh*t like this that makes me wonder why I even say anything on message boards. 

I welcome @Maxman to verify my sources. Please DM me. 

Going forward I just won't share sh*t

Please, do verify with Max, and I will take your word for anything you post every time. 

Until then, you're just a random dude with supposed third hand knowledge, that every internet board has. 

It's not unreasonable to question the legitimacy of someone posting the stuff you're posting. 

• Thumb Down 14

Just now, Mogglez said:

I was told on Friday that Martindale has told teams that he prefers to wait until the Ravens are eliminated before taking any interviews.  Quite frankly, I don’t see the Jets waiting that long for him.  If he doesn’t get one in this week, I think we’ll turn our focus elsewhere.

Eberflus and Staley have my utmost attention right now.

I agree something tells me the NY Jets aren't going to wait for anyone. 

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gonna make this short and sweet.

Coaches don’t give a flying f*ck about stats when they evaluate players in situations like Sam’s.  They look at things like: how bad is everything else around him, what is moldable, how “fixable” do they believe the player is, and things of that nature.  The consensus around the league is that Sam Darnold is a very salvageable player.  Whether or not us as fans agree with that means absolutely nothing to people who do this for a living.

Thank you!

Some us feel that Sam Darnold would be horrible if Sam had Jim Brown, Jerry Rice and the best OL in the world protecting him!

And they have stats to back it up!

But guess what folks whoose lives and careers are on the line have to make judgments based upon things we see and MANY things we DON'T see behind the scences. We don't know what is going on!

What evaluators do know is that Darnold has not panicked despite the team around him having horrible unimagiative coaching, poor skill players and a bottom OL.  These folks think well maybe we can see Sam improve if we can get a better "team" around him.

Sam might have all that around him and still not play welll; that is why the GM and evaluators get paid money to evaluate the risks.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Who tf cares? He’s giving us info that gives us something to talk about.

No different then someone posting a dumb LaConfora tweet. 

If you don’t believe it, move on. 

You guys cant possibly be this naive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

What do you define as 'good'? Top 5 QB in the NFL? Darnold will never be that good from everything I've seen during his tenure here. Doesn't have it in between the ears.

Derek Carr level 'good'? Maybe, I could see that. Still unlikely.

and thats fine, based off of his performances youre more likely to be right than wrong. However again like many on this board have said. There are coaches and people in the NFL that watch the film, see things they like, and see traits that they can mold and work with.   They dont see a prospect that is unfixable or that is just a complete mess. 

You are of the mind to disagree with these opinions, that is fine, but it does not mean that they are not the opinions of some people in the league and are real.  At the end of the day the decision on Sams future will be made taking several factors into account.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Why does he or anyone else owe you anything? Take it or leave it...how entitled can you be.

I think at minimum every single one of us, including you are entitled to know if someone is being truthful with this type of info or not. 

It's not that hard to fathom. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

and thats fine, based off of his performances youre more likely to be right than wrong. However again like many on this board have said. There are coaches and people in the NFL that watch the film, see things they like, and see traits that they can mold and work with.   They dont see a prospect that is unfixable or that is just a complete mess. 

You are of the mind to disagree with these opinions, that is fine, but it does not mean that they are not the opinions of some people in the league and are real.  At the end of the day the decision on Sams future will be made taking several factors into account.

At the end of the day it's all humans evaluating other humans so there is a very, very large margin of error. I can see why people think Sam is able to be salvaged - I'm of the opinion even if salvaged, there's not a franchise level QB in him.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think that is one of the reasons why the Jets interviewed him!

Staley is one of the best DC's in the league and if he can see how Sam could play better considering his own QB Goff, the Jets on recommendations like his might be enough for the Jets to keep Darnold.

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Again. Who cares? Are you going to place a bet on this or something?

Hes not making a thread saying “Saleh is the next HC!”

Were here to discuss the Jets. We do it with tweets from reporters. So discuss. It’s not that serious. 

I'm not saying it is that serious. 

But it seems extremely odd that everyone seems to just eat it up without even lightly questioning where this is coming from. 

Jim Jones would be proud. 

41 minutes ago, football guy said:

I've already shared it, a lot of fans on here are just in denial because they can't handle not getting their way. 

People in the FO think there's a strong chance he comes back. 60/40 is the number I was given. A lot will ride on the coach, his trade market, and the trade market of the #2 pick. Many in the NFL believe he's an ultra talented QB who will find a way to be a solid NFL starter. 

The Darnold thing is only an issue if Douglas (or Johnson) make rehabilitating Darnold a precondition to getting the HC job

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree something tells me the NY Jets aren't going to wait for anyone. 

Honestly, it sucks because I reeeeelly like Martindale, but I understand their thought process.  Round 2 of interviews is probably gonna start up by the end of next week if all goes according to plan and you can’t wait on a guy forever.