Jump to content

Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest I've heard is that a person of interest thinks 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and that the primary decision makers have been pretty

Sounds like he impressed at the very least, but I'm not sure how he fits what the Jets are ultimately looking for. Maybe he can, and maybe he's showing that more in interviews, but from what we know h

Who tf cares? He’s giving us info that gives us something to talk about. No different then someone posting a dumb LaConfora tweet.  If you don’t believe it, move on. 

Posted Images

Just now, T0mShane said:

Sorry. Not buying this. What, exactly, are your credentials other than starting this despicable “fan forum”? I’ll wait for your response. 

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So @football guy and I chatted.  I can confirm he is legit.  Let's let this play out and hopefully everyone else can keep this on topic.

Thanks.

How can we trust that you confirmed his sources are legit? Link??

 

jk

don't ban me

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sorry. Not buying this. What, exactly, are your credentials other than starting this despicable “fan forum”? I’ll wait for your response. 

Dammit. Beat me to it

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sorry. Not buying this. What, exactly, are your credentials other than starting this despicable “fan forum”? I’ll wait for your response. 

If only he were some sort of, like, I don't know... Jets insider or something.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

lol there’s like five people who contribute anything of value to this site and we’re doing our damnedest to drive one of them away

AMEN!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Maxman can’t even get a press pass from the Jets but now he’s qualified to vet team sources? I am sorry, but no. I get all my *real* Jets news on Parler.

were not worthy waynes world GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barkus said:

Saleh would be a good hire. He has an excellent reputation and will likely bring the shanahan offensive system over here. He is a high energy guy. I see him as a rex type but more intelligent and without the goofiness.

Like the idea that he has the "pants on fire" rep. If it's not gonna be one of the BSDs, readily agree he would be the next best thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, the Claw said:

How can we trust that you confirmed his sources are legit? Link??

 

jk

don't ban me

100%. Maxman is some random internet dude as far as I’m concerned. Who’s to even say he’s a man?

Sheep!! All of y’all are sheep!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maxman can’t even get a press pass from the Jets but now he’s qualified to vet team sources? I am sorry, but no. I get all my *real* Jets news on Parler.

On an unrelated note, T0mShane is now on the no-fly list.  Again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, football guy said:

What's funny is now I'm torn: part of me wants Saleh to get announced so that I don't look like an idiot (even though I thought I made it clear I wasn't putting my name on it, just relaying very relevant info from a very relevant source), the other part is hoping he doesn't because I'm not sold on him. 

Another thing: coaching cycles tend to be a game of musical chairs. A lot of candidates are in play for a number of jobs. If Meyer passes on JAX and both the Jets and Jaguars gave him an offer, he'd definitely have a decision to make. 

 

Personally, I don't think it will be Saleh. We shall see. 

I want Staley like a fat kid wants cake.  I just want to know what type of offense he wants to run and who his coordinator might be.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, football guy said:

What's funny is now I'm torn: part of me wants Saleh to get announced so that I don't look like an idiot (even though I thought I made it clear I wasn't putting my name on it, just relaying very relevant info from a very relevant source), the other part is hoping he doesn't because I'm not sold on him. 

Another thing: coaching cycles tend to be a game of musical chairs. A lot of candidates are in play for a number of jobs. If Meyer passes on JAX and both the Jets and Jaguars gave him an offer, he'd definitely have a decision to make. 

 

Personally, I don't think it will be Saleh. We shall see. 

I said in a thread yesterday or the day before, I just get a weird feeling about Saleh as head coach. 
 

he has the characteristics of like in a couscous and there is no reason for me to not think it will be a good hire. 
 

I just...I just have a feeling. And it’s not a good one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Anybody else hear the report that Saleh “did not interview well with Detroit” I wonder if there’s any truth to that, and if it will gain attention from other teams. 

Yeah I saw that too. I didn't think he was on the radar anymore so this is interesting!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I want Staley like a fat kid wants cake.  I just want to know what type of offense he wants to run and who his coordinator might be.

Why head over heels for Staley? Asking because I’m not too familiar with him and don’t want to make believe that I am. I do think he’s an interesting candidate and seems to be gaining attention especially after yesterday. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

lol there’s like five people who contribute anything of value to this site and we’re doing our damnedest to drive one of them away

The funny thing is that is what we do to our players too 

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Why head over heels for Staley? Asking because I’m not too familiar with him and don’t want to make believe that I am. I do think he’s an interesting candidate and seems to be gaining attention especially after yesterday. 

I had him described to me this way:

“It's hard not to like what you hear about him.  He's risen fast up the ranks which shows he's a quick study.  Had a positive effect on players he's coached (had a big hand in developing Bradley Chubb and Leonard Floyd), clearly a very bright defensive mind who prepares his unit extremely well for all opportunities.  The Rams defense, the secondary in particular, had a lot of young players that really stepped up this year under him and they were EXTREMELY disciplined.

He was ALSO a former QB which gives him experience on both sides of the ball, and a unique perspective for how offenses work and how defenses work to attack offenses. Also will have unique perspectives on Sam/other QB and how to work with him. 

Everything you read about him is that he's a football junkie and a defensive savant.”

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      150,117
    • Total Posts
      4,828,120
×
×
  • Create New...