So who are we targeting at 23?

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Don't want to move up. 

I'm good trading Darnold for more picks. 

If I'm taking a QB, I want my pick of the litter outside of Lawrence. 

Agreed, if anything and you're talking either Wilson or Lance, then trading down with Atlanta to get Fields is even better because now we don't drop a bunch, and we still get the QB we want, while picking up more picks.  If it's Fields, then you have to grab him or TL at #2.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Agreed, if anything and you're talking either Wilson or Lance, then trading down with Atlanta to get Fields is even better because now we don't drop a bunch, and we still get the QB we want, while picking up more picks.  If it's Fields, then you have to grab him or TL at #2.

Be hilarious if we reach for fields at 2, he becomes the latest crappy Ohio St qb in the nfl, and Wilson or Lance fall to 23

In my head Fields is the guy at 2 right now and so it’s a position player at 23. Seems like those who know Douglas are pushing no Fields which is definitely interesting.

That said, based on the Ravens’ historical MO I could absolutely see Douglas popping Sewell at 2 and trying to move up a little from 23 to get Lance if he slides some. To an extent the QB carousel this offseason will dictate how far the QB’s start sliding, and with Lance as the consensus 4th guy right now - if he remains there he’s potentially a reasonable target moving up from 23. I could see a GM viewing Lance as a similar talent package to Fields, but at a discount with less hype that allows you to bring in another elite prospect to help support that guy. Can get into the 15-18 range with one of the 3’s or up around 9-10 with the 2. Not that I think that’s a great idea, but I do think if he’s your favorite prospect or someone you view in a six, half dozen way and you love the position player you’re getting at 2 there’s a way to support that move up for a QB.

I think really early the way this class is shaking out, iOL and edge make the most sense at 23 - edge fit will depend on scheme but I think it’s way more likely than a lot of us who want the team to go offense will like. My guess is that WR is addressed in FA but if not that’s live and I suppose corner as well. I really like the idea of Vera-Tucker at 23. Jaelan Phillips as a scheme diverse edge and I’m not sure that we know Rousseau won’t fall that far either honestly.

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Najee Harris. It’s really a no brainer. You team him up with Fields, or if you bypass on QB take the generational lineman Sewell. Either way it’s a scary tandem.

I think at 23 you need to take a OL,WR, or corner.  Depends on what we do in FA.  Get a RB later on 

• Upvote 1

I know people don't like RBs in the 1st round but as long as it's towards the end of the 1st round it makes sense.  The team has control of every 1st round pick for 4 years plus the 5th year option and franchise tag which makes 6 years total. That takes a RB up until their 27th or 28th bday when you usually see a decline.  Thus guaranteeing you never have to offer them a big 2nd contract. My choice would be to move up into the back end of the 1st round from 33rd overall to draft Etienne. This offense needs explosion at the RB position. You can easily find a big back in FA, explosive backs are a lot harder to find. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB - ND)

Jaycee Horn (CB - South Carolina) 

Rashod Bateman ( WR -Minnesota)

Terrance Marshall (WR - LSU)

Zaven Collins ( LB- Tulsa)

If Pitts is still there he's a must , but I doubt he makes it past #10 . 

i'm thinking qb at 2, edge at 23 and wr/OL on day 2.

10 hours ago, Team archer said:

Is najee harris an every down back? I dont watch college so sorry for the dumb question...also how is his pass blocking and blitz pickup?

Yes.

I don't really know about his blocking, but in the few games I have watched he has shown good hands coming out of the backfield.

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I think at 23 you need to take a OL,WR, or corner.  Depends on what we do in FA.  Get a RB later on 

I agree, it's difficult before FA.

I am all in on Harris, especially if the Jets get a WR in FA.   I do believe Mims in year 2 will improve, Crowder and Berrios were our 2 highest receivers, both out of the slot. 

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I agree, it's difficult before FA.

I am all in on Harris, especially if the Jets get a WR in FA.   I do believe Mims in year 2 will improve, Crowder and Berrios were our 2 highest receivers, both out of the slot. 

I feel there are good RB to be had in round 2 or 3 especially if we end up with an additional second rounder 

• Upvote 1

Can’t see how one can predict draft picks without caveating it with free agency signings.  

Free agent signings:

• JuJu S-S/Trade for Michael Gallup
  • Matt Judon
  • Joe Thuney/Sherff

Pick #2 - Trade to Bengals for #5 and #38 then take Wilson.

Pick #23 has to be a CB.  Jaycee Horn preferably.  I would even double dip at CB and pick another one in the third or fourth.

• Upvote 2

with the 23rd pick they could conceivably get the second  best college player at any position but most likely the best of maybe 4-5 positions.  the trouble is there's no telling if that player will be for a position of need.  the jets need about the same position players as every other team.

25 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Can’t see how one can predict draft picks without caveating it with free agency signings.  

Free agent signings:

• Matt Judon
  • Joe Thuney/Sherff

Pick #23 has to be a CB.  Jaycee Horn preferably.  I would even double dip at CB and pick another one in the third or fourth.

This free agency & draft would be SWEET! Damn! QB (Wilson), CB (Horn), plus #34 & #38 TBD!!! Holy sh*t! 

Free Agency- WR ✔️, Edge ✔️, LG ✔️

Draft- QB ✔️, CB ✔️, #34 Kadavius Toney or Creed Humphrey? #38 BPA (CB, LB, Edge). 

I also am in the camp of waiting until the 3rd for a RB (Give me Trey Sermon!) He'd be great behind a smash mouth Oline. 

* There is always some veteran RBs that come available to like a Jamal Williams (Green Bay), Gus Edwards (RFA), Marlon Mack, Phillip Lindsey (RFA). 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB - ND)

Jaycee Horn (CB - South Carolina) 

Rashod Bateman ( WR -Minnesota)

Terrance Marshall (WR - LSU)

Zaven Collins ( LB- Tulsa)

If Pitts is still there he's a must , but I doubt he makes it past #10 . 

If we take a fing LB there I'll be enraged beyond belief. (Unless this is an olb that got 15 sacks the last two years)...even then

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Free agent signings:

• Matt Judon
  • Joe Thuney/Sherff

My only concern with Juju is from what I know, he is best in the slot, where Crowder is actually pretty good in the slot.  For that reason I'd prefer an outside WR.   That being said, I'm not remotely an expert on what he can do.

I also think you will see a LOT of mid range players cut this off season due to the cap going down, which will help push salaries down on mid range types.   The top guys will get theirs, but a lot of quality players will be out there.

Totally agree on signing one of the top guards.  2 reasons, #1 it fills a massive hole.   #2 if you draft a center, it helps to have a veteran between a rookie center and a 2nd year left tackle.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

If we take a fing LB there I'll be enraged beyond belief. (Unless this is an olb that got 15 sacks the last two years)...even then

We have plenty of picks and FA $$ to address multiple positions. We desperately need a disrupter and speed at LB. Who knows if Mosley returns next year and even if he does how effective he'll be after a loooong layoff.  10 sacks , 140 tackles over the past 2 seasons the guy plays like a guided missile on the field. 

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

We have plenty of picks and FA $$ to address multiple positions. We desperately need a disrupter and speed at LB. Who knows if Mosley returns next year and even if he does how effective he'll be after a loooong layoff.  10 sacks , 140 tackles over the past 2 seasons the guy plays like a guided missile on the field. 

LB is the lowest priory position on a football team.  We shut down clevelands run game with neville hewitt and bryce hager.

We need:  OLine, QB, RB, TE, WR, CB, S more than ilb.  I refuse to believe there will not be a guy at 23 in one of those positions groups as a better alternative to ilb.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

LB is the lowest priory position on a football team.  We shut down clevelands run game with neville hewitt and bryce hager.

We need:  OLine, QB, RB, TE, WR, CB, S more than ilb.  I refuse to believe there will not be a guy at 23 in one of those positions groups as a better alternative to ilb.

He's an olb, but regardless our Lb's are woefully slow . The Browns run game was stymied by a great DL effort and the fact they were one dimensional due to missing pieces at wr. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't completely hate the idea of a RB with that pick.  The 5th-year option gives you the ability to get a lot of value out of a RB before letting him walk.  But you'd better hit on your pick, that's for sure. 

If the talent justified it, I think latter part of 1st round is fine. A lot really rides on what kind of offensive philosophy we are rolling with as well.

• Upvote 1

If Jaylen Waddle somehow falls out of the top 10.  I think you consider trading up which would take our Seattle first and our 2nd rounder.  I'd hate to lose that second rounder but Waddle is THAT good and THAT much better than the rest of this very strong WR class.

Our Seattle pick and 2nd rounder could get us up to 9 or 10 overall based on Draft Trade Charts.  I know, I know, everyone will hate the idea of trading away picks.  But Waddle is a Blue Chip and we need some of those guys. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is gonna get tomatoes thrown at me but CB is bigger need than OL. I think the #23 will be one of those two positions. Assuming #2 is a QB, of course.

Alot of the corners in this draft have some sort of question marks. The good news is that we could draft one in the 2nd who is just as good as the top corners. The only center that comes close to Humphrey is Josh Myers. Slim pickens.Thats why i think we should go there, instead.

I want to go offense but I think if the value is there EDGE or CB make a lot of sense. The loose core of a solid defense is there but we need a real edge rusher and we need a CB1. Add those two things and I think your defense is low key pretty good, and premium draft picks is how you get those types of guys.

Would still be in favor of OL or WR.

I would love Najee Harris but philosophically I just don't think it makes sense when you might be able to get, say, Sermon in the 3rd round.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

Alot of the corners in this draft have some sort of question marks. The good news is that we could draft one in the 2nd who is just as good as the top corners. The only center that comes close to Humphrey is Josh Myers. Slim pickens.Thats why i think we should go there, instead.

Definitely not as informed as you. Haven't really even started considering players other than the QBs at this point. Could see Jets going lots of directions with #23. But for now the best prediction I can make is that we will address one of our 2 biggest needs there. Who knows?