92 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be OSU or Bama?

• OSU
    • Bama
  2. 2. How many TD’s will Fields throw?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6

It’s over. This is how I look at it we’re not getting Trevor Lawrence but we are in a great position to flip the script if JD drafts correctly. There will be a lot of teams looking to trade into the number two spot we need to use that to our advantage we still cannot screw up the head coach though

20 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bama too much for OSU. Or any other team,  for that matter. 

Correct.

And that makes it easy for a player to shine more brightly than he would against stiffer competition. Smith gets great separation, so he and Jones look like superstars. But I haven't seen any passes in tight windows, physically contested or particularly difficult catches tonight. Have you?

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnyjet said:

It’s over. This is how I look at it we’re not getting Trevor Lawrence but we are in a great position to flip the script if JD drafts correctly. There will be a lot of teams looking to trade into the number two spot we need to use that to our advantage we still cannot screw up the head coach though

Why not select the second best player in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, I certainly did not react the same way.  Jeudy did nothing close last year to what smith has done this year and in this game.

Jeudy won the Biletnicoff award like twice and was a all american two times and people were going crazy over him....this stuff happens every year with WRs and better ones are always taken later....dudes like you just wanna take the best WR or RB you see in bowl games.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We are in a great spot for trading down now that TL is not an option. We should just take advantage of the situation and build the team before getting a rookie QB anywhere near this team. 

Can you imagine trading back and winding up with 3 1sts in 2022?

Are we destined for Kedon Slovis? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The offers are going to be crazy. 

Fields, Smith, Sewell. 

Someone will want one of them very badly, and any of them could go the next couple picks behind us. 

Having Miami at 3 sucks balls!  Another Patriot jerk screws the Jets! 
Miami in position for Sewell or Smith finishing 10-6 sucks! 

1 minute ago, Cp561 said:

It was a great game like 15 minutes ago

Thing about Bama is that you have to execute every play, score TD’s every possession. When you’re faced with a 4th down you struggle with punting the ball because you know they’ll score 6. 
Stress and anxiety for 60 minutes 

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

"You can't draft Zach Wilson and his puny frame and injured shoulders at #2"

"You can't draft Justin Fields and his slow-reads, inaccurate ducks at #2"

"You can't draft Devonta Smith/Jamarr Chase at #2 because its too high"

"You can't draft Penei Sewell at #2 since we already have Becton and he would have to play RT"

Who the hell can we draft at #2? ?

Sewell.   And never look back.   

Add a guard in FA, find a center, movie our center to right guard and best o line in the game within a full season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Every time I watch someone dominate like Smith did that half I can't help but marvel at how's simplistic yet under appreciated Belichick's philosophy is on Defense.  Your best guy won't be the one to beat me.  It seems so simple, yet rarely mimicked.

Because coaches in general are stupid.

Regular folk, too.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

"You can't draft Zach Wilson and his puny frame and injured shoulders at #2"

"You can't draft Justin Fields and his slow-reads, inaccurate ducks at #2"

"You can't draft Devonta Smith/Jamarr Chase at #2 because its too high"

"You can't draft Penei Sewell at #2 since we already have Becton and he would have to play RT"

Who the hell can we draft at #2? ?

rubiks-cube.jpg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You were saying? 

Dude is on track to demolish the national championship recieving record after winning the Hesiman in runaway fashion. 

It really is a no brainer. 

No its not. Dude will get jammed at the Los in the NFL he's too frail. Great route runner great hands but major over reaction here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Having Miami at 3 sucks balls!  Another Patriot jerk screws the Jets! 
Miami in position for Sewell or Smith finishing 10-6 sucks! 

Then we should just draft one of them and alleviate the potential headache right? 

1 minute ago, Krappedetector said:

Correct.

And that makes it easy for a player to shine more brightly than he would against stiffer competition. Smith gets great separation, so he and Jones look like superstars. But I haven't seen any passes in tight windows, physically contested or particularly difficult catches tonight. Have you?

Why would they need to throw into tight windows if they don’t need to? Jones gets credit because he does what he’s supposed to. I see him as somewhere between Kirk Cousins and Brady- good decision maker who can spread it around if you give him a pocket and some weapons

• Haha 1

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

No its not. Dude will get jammed at the Los in the NFL he's too frail. Great route runner great hands but major over reaction here. 

I would hazard a guess you are the only person in America that believes this. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Every time I watch someone dominate like Smith did that half I can't help but marvel at how's simplistic yet under appreciated Belichick's philosophy is on Defense.  Your best guy won't be the one to beat me.  It seems so simple, yet rarely mimicked.

I agree. Though I think with the lack of parity in college football it’s a bit tougher. Still if I am Ryan Day I’d rather die at the hands of Najee Harris than get embarrassed by Smith like this. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

For anyone interested...

Devonta Smith has already broken the receptions record in a national championship game by 2 (12). 

- 7 yards away from breaking the yardage record. 

- 2 TDs away from breaking the receiving TD record. 

Other than the great catch on the sideline, he’s also WIDE OPEN! Ohio States defense is short handed & slow! 
They have to play 4 LBs! That sh*t won’t happen in the NFL! 
He’s a great WR but he’s still 173 LBs. I’m taking Sewell still. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The recency bias on this board is absolutely ridiculous.  Draft Wilson. No, he's too skinny.  Draft Sewell.  No, did you see Fields outplay Lawrence. we should draft Fields, but we may be stuck with Lawrence. No,  did you see that run?  Draft Harris. No, after that half draft Smith.  Good thing there are no more games.  

Just wait until the senior bowl

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Marvin Harrison made a 13 year career out of making DB’s look stupid.

Robby Anderson is built like an anorexic’s pinky finger but still stays healthy, produces, and had some Jets fans willing to pay $14+ million a year to retain him.

Besides maybe CB, P and PK...is there a more low impact position?

There are CEO’s and major businessmen who get slapped around less.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Other than the great catch on the sideline, he’s also WIDE OPEN! Ohio States defense is short handed & slow! 
They have to play 4 LBs! That sh*t won’t happen in the NFL! 
He’s a great WR but he’s still 173 LBs. I’m taking Sewell still. 

Yea take the guy you haven’t seen play in a year at our only position of strength. I didn’t know Mac posted on this forum.