Jump to content

2021 National Championship Game Thread: Alabama vs OSU


Who wins tonight’s Natty?  

92 members have voted

  1. 1. Will it be OSU or Bama?

    • OSU
      24
    • Bama
      68
  2. 2. How many TD’s will Fields throw?

    • 1-2
      33
    • 3-4
      51
    • 5-6
      8


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Fields just entered the transfer portal again.

Bama and OSU punters:

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No its not. Dude will get jammed at the Los in the NFL he's too frail. Great route runner great hands but major over reaction here. 

You're nuts. 

Kid broke damn near every Alabama receiving record ever set. And there's been some NFL great WRs out of Alabama too; this kid is unstoppable. 

I came in rooting for Najee and especially Fields and instead I see MAC JONES who I've been screaming is awesome all year long and DEVONTA SMITH just destroying the game. 

I'm still hoping Justin Fields makes a magical and special 2nd half comeback 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't pick him we need more material to argue about next season. 

Oh, I am sure we will find plenty to argue about next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly, Smith is great but Olave at #23 + Sewell is smarter. 

I've been relentlessly promoting Sewell but they could do worse than the guy who won the Heisman and runs a 4.2. He is going to be a star. 

It would be nice to have a guy who can just turn it on score points or at least threaten the defense. I would be perfectly OK with this outcome. 

He's better than jeudy and ruggs. 

Pro comp a taller tyreek hill with better character 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

How many players are as good as Sewell at his position? 
How many WRs come out each year that are above average? 
You sign Juju in Free Agency, draft Sewell at #2, draft the best CB or Edge at #23 & your better off as a TEAM than taking Smith at #2. 
But I’ll add, it would be nice to finally have a guy that scares the sh*t out of the opposing defense. 
You could just watch how Reid gets Tyreek open & do the same thing with Smith. You can’t hit what you can’t catch! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Other than the great catch on the sideline, he’s also WIDE OPEN! Ohio States defense is short handed & slow! 
They have to play 4 LBs! That sh*t won’t happen in the NFL! 
He’s a great WR but he’s still 173 LBs. I’m taking Sewell still. 
 

Hes wide open because he is faster than sh*t. Whys that a bad thing? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I've been relentlessly promoting Sewell but they could do worse than the guy who won the Heisman and runs a 4.2. He is going to be a star. 

It would be nice to have a guy who can just turn it on score points or at least threaten the defense. I would be perfectly OK with this outcome. 

He's better than jeudy and ruggs. 

Pro comp a taller tyreek hill with better character 

Would be good if we could get a quality G in FA 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Fields is the same player tonight as he's been all season. If you liked him before you should still like him now. If you didn't like him before I wouldn't expect you to like him now. If you were in-between on him (not sold as a #2 pick), then you're probably feeling pretty validated that he's a questionable #2 QB. 

Any time someone tells you any different (i.e. Connor Hughes - who I really like - saying "the Jets will have to take Fields if he blows up against Alabama") doesn't know how scouts work. Businessmen GMs/ownership thinks that way, but scouts don't. Douglas's grade on Fields likely won't change. If he has a great 2nd half they'll have a blurb crediting his resilience in the scouting report, that's about it. 

What I don't like about Fields: He does not progress through his routes well. He doesn't keep his eyes downfield. He plays in an offense that doesn't require him to read the defense. The passing attack is "see-it, throw-it." His spiral is pretty slop. He doesn't throw well in the face of pressure. 

What I like about him: Really strong arm. Elite athleticism and balance. Toughness. Leadership qualities/intangibles. 

 

I've compared him to Marcus Mariota. The more I watch him I see something in-between he and Jalen Hurts. 

You can’t write a dissertation on fields without acknowledging that he is playing through injury to his ribs (limiting his running) and his thumb (limiting his throwing)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Would be good of we could get a quality G in FA 

The Jets just had a guy on their taxi squad start a playoff game and another next week 

Frigging Blake Hance. Add him to the list of players who start on other teams 

The Jets have had plenty of players they just don't keep em. Good and bad they're all gone. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're nuts. 

Kid broke damn near every Alabama receiving record ever set. And there's been some NFL great WRs out of Alabama too; this kid is unstoppable. 

I came in rooting for Najee and especially Fields and instead I see MAC JONES who I've been screaming is awesome all year long and DEVONTA SMITH just destroying the game. 

I'm still hoping Justin Fields makes a magical and special 2nd half comeback 

That entire offense has been unstoppable it's been all year. If it want Smith it would be waddle or Harris . Osu is overmatched on d. Not a great game to truly evaluate bama offensive players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Hes wide open because he is faster than sh*t. Whys that a bad thing? 

You do know OSU defense is slow as sh*t in the secondary & are playing with 4 LBs right? Their best CB is way overrated, Clemson ate him up too! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

You can’t write a dissertation on fields without acknowledging that he is playing through injury to his ribs (limiting his running) and his thumb (limiting his throwing)

He’s playing the same tonight as he’s played all season. So either he’s extremely tough and plays through injury well or it’s not effecting him that much. Unless he’s had these injuries all year long (as far as I know he hasn’t?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Marvin Harrison made a 13 year career out of making DB’s look stupid.

Robby Anderson is built like an anorexic’s pinky finger but still stays healthy, produces, and had some Jets fans willing to pay $14+ million a year to retain him.

 Besides maybe CB, P and PK...is there a more low impact position?

There are CEO’s and major businessmen who get slapped around less.

Darnold would be steadier! 

With a new QB Darnold the play was to retain Anderson; money in the bank. 

But we have draft picks...yeeesh

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetster said:

You do know OSU defense is slow as sh*t in the secondary & are playing with 4 LBs right? Their best CB is way overrated, Clemson at him up too! 

You understand the CB covering Smith is a lock for the 1st round of the draft right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How many players are as good as Sewell at his position? 
How many WRs come out each year that are above average? 
You sign Juju in Free Agency, draft Sewell at #2, draft the best CB or Edge at #23 & your better off as a TEAM than taking Smith at #2. 

This is also a legit point the list of fa wr is huge. Guys like Sewell are super rare and never hit fa. 

Until you mentioned juju that guy is not professional. Sewell plus Corey Davis, maybe Harris at 23 or 34 and build titans 2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

That entire offense has been unstoppable it's been all year. If it want Smith it would be waddle or Harris . Osu is overmatched on d. Not a great game to truly evaluate bama offensive players. 

Dude i dont watch a ton of college ball but i know smith is considered the #1 wr and in the biggest game of his life he more than delivered.

fields is qb #2 and he underwhelmed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The recency bias on this board is absolutely ridiculous.  Draft Wilson. No, he's too skinny.  Draft Sewell.  No, did you see Fields outplay Lawrence. we should draft Fields, but we may be stuck with Lawrence. No,  did you see that run?  Draft Harris. No, after that half draft Smith.  Good thing there are no more games.  

This is all true but to say that devonta smith is jerry jeudy is recency bias is bs

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, football guy said:

He’s playing the same tonight as he’s played all season. So either he’s extremely tough and plays through injury well or it’s not effecting him that much. Unless he’s had these injuries all year long (as far as I know he hasn’t?)

I’ve seen every snap fields has taken this year and I haven’t seen him miss with wobbly ducks like he’s done on multiple throws tonight. Something is up with the thumb.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...